St.Cuthbert's Rochdale closed tomorrow

oafcprozac

Mr Ridgeway, what a poofter he was! He did a seating plan, which involved all the lads around and near him, with the girls shoved at the back! I think he got sacked .. he once took us on a "field-trip" to the pond behind the YewTree, i think he got quite a bollocking for it as he just decided to take us and not bother informing anyone :lol:

Interesting. I always felt that he was trying (:censored: off Exile) to dominate me on an intellectual/psychological basis. He'd give me detention on the flimsiest basis and be creepy and snide to me for half an hour. This being in the days when grooming was something that happened to dogs and young royals. The only teacher (aside from a certain private piano teacher) who I would gladly chin on sight.

My, "Right Said Ridgeway," performance in the 6th form revue was some form of revenge mind :wink:

Edited by leeslover

Interesting. I always felt that he was trying (:censored: off Exile) to dominate me on an intellectual/psychological basis. He'd give me detention on the flimsiest basis and be creepy and snide to me for half an hour. This being in the days when grooming was something that happened to dogs and young royals. The only teacher (aside from a certain private piano teacher) who I would gladly chin on sight.

My, "Right Said Ridgeway," performance in the 6th form revue was some form of revenge mind :wink:

Good to see that you've put it all behind you, and that you've moved on to rebuild your life after such harsh, harsh beginnings.

Detention is almost the worst wrong that can be committed on a person. Fifteen years isn't long enough for most people to forgive and forget, but you're a real trooper.

Good to see that you've put it all behind you, and that you've moved on to rebuild your life after such harsh, harsh beginnings.

Detention is almost the worst wrong that can be committed on a person. Fifteen years isn't long enough for most people to forgive and forget, but you're a real trooper.

Easy tiger, just because you got all riled up about being beaten at chess 23 years ago. I can't help but be annoyed about a sneering predatory homosexual teacher* having had a bit of a campaign on me.

* This is not a bigoted comment. Some** of my best friends are sneering predatory homosexual teachers

** Well, one of them.

Shows what I judge of character I am! I had Ridgeway for Physics from 3rd to 5th year and thought he was alright, he stamped his feet during the first lesson and tried to stamp out the trouble makers, he mistakenly picked on me, I was a good kid then and I think I was passing a mate a pen or some such and he thought I was being disruptive and tried to make an example of me - within a week or two he realised he had picked the wrong one to do that to and he was pretty cool with me from then.

Actually there was this one other time when he was a bit of a sadist, I had got badly sunburned one weekend and was still redder than a postbox on the Monday, I had physics second lesson and he picked our table to demonstrate molecules bouncing around and bumping into each other by having us practically have a moshpit at the front of the class - when even a cotton shirtsleeve hurst your arms the last thing you need is a bunch of other lads banging into your sunburn.

My favourite teacher from there was Mr Galvin, he took me for Chemistry in 4th & 5th year, he was a dude, treated you like an adult. I cocked up one time, some girl threw a rubber bung at me and I threw it back, he caught me doing it and made me stay behind after class. He didn't tell me off he did the old "you've let me down but more so you've let yourself down" - I did say I was a good kid, that stuff worked more than a crack would have done, he banned me from experiments for a month but relented after a couple of classes as he knew I had learnt my lesson, never had another problem after that.

Mr Skilling was ok with me, I was a fat kid and am pretty useless at sport but he took us for volleyball and hockey which none of us had played before so were starting off on a level playing field (pardon the pun) I got the hang of both pretty quickly so he ignored the fact that when it came to rugby I would've been more use as a corner flag. I couldn't stand the teachers who taught other subjects but did games as well, one of them, blanked his name out, fat, short Irish bloke used to watch us in the showers and a tall lanky one, think he taught maths, he thought he was a cross between a guard at Belsen and a comedian but failed badly.

I went, well my name was in the register anyway, to Bishop Henshaw's for a couple of years back in the day. I've racked my mind but cant remember many names. Is Skillen that Rhodesian bloke?

The two names I do remember are Mr & Mrs Boardman of Geography & History respectively. They still around? There was some crap Sociology teacher, largeish woman. A small history teacher who looked like Lenin. Errrr, thats all I remember. Oh yeah, some seniorish bloke called McGowan or McGlone or something like that, from Norn Iron. I only remember his name as he rang my Mum to ask where I had been for the past couple of months. Which didnt go down well as I had been dutifully putting on my uniform each day and heading out of the house. Fecker.

A woman called Purcell/Parnell?

Right, that was a deeply uninteresting post - the ramblings of an ancient mind. I'll be off!

I went, well my name was in the register anyway, to Bishop Henshaw's for a couple of years back in the day. I've racked my mind but cant remember many names. Is Skillen that Rhodesian bloke?

The two names I do remember are Mr & Mrs Boardman of Geography & History respectively. They still around? There was some crap Sociology teacher, largeish woman. A small history teacher who looked like Lenin. Errrr, thats all I remember. Oh yeah, some seniorish bloke called McGowan or McGlone or something like that, from Norn Iron. I only remember his name as he rang my Mum to ask where I had been for the past couple of months. Which didnt go down well as I had been dutifully putting on my uniform each day and heading out of the house. Fecker.

A woman called Purcell/Parnell?

Right, that was a deeply uninteresting post - the ramblings of an ancient mind. I'll be off!

Mr McGrogan????

Ridgeway was alright. Then again. I never had him for a lesson.

pleease.. whyy is THIS a thread!?

Because the way internet forums work is a person, lets call them a "thread starter" starts a "thread" and others put their comments on it. Simple when you know how. If no one started threads or added their comments on this board would cease to exist.