ticket prices and VAT reduction

At the 101club, London, tonight alas been off work past few days with man flu ... so didn't make it tonight.

misread that for a second then,could of sworn it said "been off work with man u" then,sorry,oh and lets get back on to the topic please,ktf.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN Classics ............. Joe Jordan and co kept me going!

Can we change the Emoticons you can select?

I'd propose replacing

:OASISscarf:

with

:devilish:

and

:oasissign1:

with

:sign0003:

Imagine of OASIS was like a chapter of Hells Angels? Mark would have been pistol whipped and dragged behind a Harley for his "Dissing" the Laws of his chapter!!

Edited by Rick

I'd like to see any savings made by the club to be donated at the end of the season to Dr Kershaw's Hospice. I'm sure both season ticket holders and matchday payers wouldn't have a problem with this.

And likewise, if the dozens of tax changes affecting the club in the last budget result in them actually being worse off, you will demand that they cut any charitable donations and education/community work they do? Just as you demand that companies put their prices up when VAT was last raised?

I'd like to see any savings made by the club to be donated at the end of the season to Dr Kershaw's Hospice. I'm sure both season ticket holders and matchday payers wouldn't have a problem with this.

While I admire your sentiment and it is a worthy cause what's 100% of £0. The club and TTA run at a loss with the new VAT thing this loss may be less than originally expected but not by much. What if in the next budget the VAT goes up to 18% or whatever, do you expect the club not to change the prices because they were fixed at the start of the season or ask for more money from season ticket holders? Its always nice to see money being given to worthy causes but as the football year, financial year and government years (in terms of budgetary changes) are all different then over time these things will even themselves out and I don't have a problem with the club taking more of the ticket money when I'm paying the same. I was expecting the prices to go up next year (regardless of if we get promoted or not) but maybe with the new VAT rules the price will remain the same.

I'd prefer the club to keep the prices as they are now and trouser the VAT cut and absorb any savings in to the club. All the 42ps don't add up to much to the individuals concerned but I bet added up they may knock a bit of the BP leccy bill or some such.

How are promotional match day tickets passing on a VAT reduction to it's customers? ... now thats clutching

Depends on your outlook doesn't it.

While I'm sure the two issues aren't connceted, I do think a £15 discount on a match ticket in one go is far better than £5.88 spread out in 42p chunks over the next 5 months.

They should leave it at £20 - no messing about with 40p in change causing queues at the turnstiles.

Perhaps incorporate a price guarantee for next season too.

Do people think it is ok for every company to pocket the VAT rate cuts ?

It depends what you mean by pocketing the difference. I work for a rather big public institution and look after their VAT issues. The administrational cost of making these changes is relatively high especially in terms of lost manpower with having to deal with all the issues resulting from this. The line from the government is that they want businesses to pass on the reduction but accept that it may be pointless if the cost in doing so outweighs the benefit to the customer/business.

It depends what you mean by pocketing the difference. I work for a rather big public institution and look after their VAT issues. The administrational cost of making these changes is relatively high especially in terms of lost manpower with having to deal with all the issues resulting from this. The line from the government is that they want businesses to pass on the reduction but accept that it may be pointless if the cost in doing so outweighs the benefit to the customer/business.

I accept there is some work involved... I dont accept the cost is as high as 2.5% of every transaction...

I took the line from the Government that they want business to pass on the reduction but accept its impossible to police...

How are promotional match day tickets passing on a VAT reduction to it's customers? ... now thats clutching

Why is it clutching.

Is it a reduction? Yes

Was it announced after the rate change? Yes

Therefore which ever way you put it they have passed on an amount equating to more than the VAT reduction based on if you purchases a ticket for every home game until the end of the season.

I accept there is some work involved... I dont accept the cost is as high as 2.5% of every transaction...

I took the line from the Government that they want business to pass on the reduction but accept its impossible to police...

Theres nothing to police. They don’t have to pass on the reduction as you can set your prices at whatever amount you want. You just have to ensure that the correct rate of tax is paid to the taxman.

No business is the same and it affects businesses in different ways. Some businesses might do very well out of it some businesses will be hit hard. I didn’t say that the costs would equate to 2.5% of every transaction, I was merely pointing out that it’s incorrect to say that companies are pocketing the reduction.

Personally I think they should pass on the VAT reduction but I can understand why not everyone does.

Do people think it is ok for every company to pocket the VAT rate cuts ?

As I explained yesterday, even if companies don't reflect the reduction in VAT in their sell price, it means that they are more likely to continue to trade, employ, expand....which ever way you cut it, it means there is a potential of an improvement in spending (either by companies or consumers) until someone decides to save rather than spend. This is the real issue, as the whole "Credit Crunch" (Americanism for recession) has come about simply by a lack of confidence in global financial mechanisms. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

So in answer to your question - I don't think it really matters.