Diego's mate quits Sunderland

Never saw ZZ in the flesh, but yes I would say he was.

KtF,

Derek.

I was blessed enough to see ZZ in the flesh just as he was making his name (euro 96) and I would have had him in my team in front of Roy Keane everyday of the week and twice on Saturdays. ZZ was much more a complete player for me. However, would Keane or Zidane have been as highly rated if they had been paired with lesser players than Scholes and Deschamps. Keane was a good player (despite him being a PLC man) and a lot of his best attributes were seen when he dragged Man U into the Champions League final despite him knowing he'd be suspended for it. However, if I was a ref he'd have spent an awful lot more time in the dressing room having been sent off not just for his tackling but for his dissentious attitude. (The way he hounded Ellery when Ellery had the 'cheek' to award someone else a penalty at OT is a prime example). If I was a judge I'd have also sent him down, as whenever a player goes out onto a football pitch to deliberately injure an opposition member then that is assault. The thing about Keane was that he was dumb enough not just to tell people he had done it deliberately, most people would have assumed it was just part of the game otherwise, he bragged about doing it.

A slightly unstable man has left Sunderland teeterring over the abyss (maybe he jumped at the right time) and it would be nice for me if they fell over for loads of reasons.

Never saw ZZ in the flesh, but yes I would say he was.

KtF,

Derek.

You see, the reason I ask (an never saw Zidane in the flesh, but anyway) is because I think Zidane is the most complete football player to ever play the game, and most probably the finest ever football player. He had absolutely everything, and whilst Keane was a very good player, I cant think of anywhere that he was stronger than Zizou.

You see, the reason I ask (an never saw Zidane in the flesh, but anyway) is because I think Zidane is the most complete football player to ever play the game, and most probably the finest ever football player. He had absolutely everything, and whilst Keane was a very good player, I cant think of anywhere that he was stronger than Zizou.

Temperament?

Maybe we'll call that one a tie :wink:

I didn't include that one because his fans on here seem to claim that that sort of thing is acceptable if it doesn't finish the player's career - it's just how he is!

I wouldn't describe myself as a fan of his, but I admire some of his qualities. It does bear pointing out that Zidane also had a psychopathic streak a mile wide, not just the headbutt, he did people all the way through his career. It doesn't mean I ignore his finer points.

I wouldn't describe myself as a fan of his, but I admire some of his qualities. It does bear pointing out that Zidane also had a psychopathic streak a mile wide, not just the headbutt, he did people all the way through his career. It doesn't mean I ignore his finer points.

That's why I started my post with "Keano was one of the great players with a huge talent, who demonstrated inspirational commitment and set an heroic example to his team-mates."

It's by doing what he did to Poniton and others that he bacame so disliked.

That's why I started my post with "Keano was one of the great players with a huge talent, who demonstrated inspirational commitment and set an heroic example to his team-mates."

It's by doing what he did to Poniton and others that he bacame so disliked.

It's easy to forget that tackling like that was pretty normal back in the day. Thanks God it's not, but you still see people do worse today and not get sent off. Macca on here copped a worse one down at Northampton, fortunately without the same consequences.

It's easy to forget that tackling like that was pretty normal back in the day. Thanks God it's not, but you still see people do worse today and not get sent off. Macca on here copped a worse one down at Northampton, fortunately without the same consequences.

What was the psycopathic irishman doing playing for the cobblers fans XI :shock:

This is another myth. There were plenty of hardmen but few deliberate attempts to maime players.

Bull:censored:. Sorry Terry, but completely outside of any discussion about Keane or any other player, watch any highlights game from the 70s or 80s and you see forwards routinely hacked down from behind, two footed tackles over the ball and lots else besides, and just a foul given. Listen to the Pointon foul, the commentators agree that its a yellow card. No hysteria, it's how people tackled. A bad tackle in my book but one of a million.

Bull:censored:. Sorry Terry, but completely outside of any discussion about Keane or any other player, watch any highlights game from the 70s or 80s and you see forwards routinely hacked down from behind, two footed tackles over the ball and lots else besides, and just a foul given. Listen to the Pointon foul, the commentators agree that its a yellow card. No hysteria, it's how people tackled. A bad tackle in my book but one of a million.

This wasn't in the 70s or 80s.