A Plea for Saturday

:huh: peterborough is 88miles away from ipswich!

I was following the same false logic often used in these geographical chants - both Cambrdge and Peterborough are in Cambridgeshire, Ipswich is in Suffolk. Such inaccurate chants are intended to be isulting to the opposition. At Forest we sing "Small town in Derby!".

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

After last year's trip to Northampton I got the impression that Peterbrough and Northampton don't like each other so maybe that could be used instead of Ipswich. Plus is Peterbrough in Cambridgeshire? I had the impression (from a friend who is from there) that Peterbrough is in Rutland

I'm hoping for a rendition of the "jingle bells... oh what fun it is to see the latics win away" song :)

However, possibly not quite as funny this time as when we sung it last year with the santa's at Bournemouth...

If anyone* sings that before the final whistle is blown I will personally strangle them with my rancid muddy football sock

* This offer is not available to anyone big, or hard, or just a bit scary looking. In fact applied only to children travelling without a parent or guardian.