Chron Report

Looked to me like it was written by reading reports from the sundays, the commentary and the "live text".

Did they actually send a reporter?

The name on it was Tony Bugby. So where was Yarwood? Is last week’s thread about him leaving the Chron correct?

And I agree, a poor report.

I think Yarwood got sacked...

Bugby used to do Roughyheads I think, which explains his poor reporting!

Not sure about that fella.

Bugby did Latics for years and then Yarwood took over, with Bugby then covering City and United.

Roughyeds are covered by Matthew Chambers (excellent reporter) who took over from Roger Halstead, who had covered the 'Yeds for years and years.

I know it was mentioned in another thread, but it is genuinely sad that Michael Yarwood has lost his job. I know any redundancy is sad - but as has been said, Michael was latics through and through - and his reports this season have been nothing short of brilliant.

Tony Bugby will do a decent job, but Mike used to travel to all corners of the UK to follow latics - he was a fan before anything else... this poor report shouts at me that Tony wasnt anywhere near Peterborough this saturday... which is a crying shame, especially seeing there will still be a good proportion of latics fans (or fans from afar) that only get their latics news from the chron, and one of the poorest refereeing performances I have ever see, quicly becomes another rubbish start from latics.

Bloody Shame that Yarwood has left, but i'd imagine it was a footrace between him and Bugby for the role... and the fact that Tony is part of the chron furninture - and covers both Citeh and Utd, would mean that he was always going to get the role. Hope yarwood find a new role quick - he is a great reporter, and has turned down roles with bigger papers in the past to stay at the Chron - as he has always said it was his dream job...

I remember back around 1990ish, we'd driven down to Millwall away. Not far from the ground we were flagged down by a chap whose car had broken down - he'd spotted our scarves out the window, and asked if he could have a lift to the ground.

Turned out to be Tony Bugby - was a really nice guy. As thanks for our help, got me and my brother signed photos of our favourite latics players at the time - Ian Marshall and Andy Barlow. Still got them somewhere.

I remember back around 1990ish, we'd driven down to Millwall away. Not far from the ground we were flagged down by a chap whose car had broken down - he'd spotted our scarves out the window, and asked if he could have a lift to the ground.

Turned out to be Tony Bugby - was a really nice guy. As thanks for our help, got me and my brother signed photos of our favourite latics players at the time - Ian Marshall and Andy Barlow. Still got them somewhere.

He also ran the London Marathon wearing a Latics shirt the day after we'd beaten Millwall at the New Den. When he ran through Millwall territory he got pelted by their fans!

I thought Yarwood's reports turned a corner this season, like maybe he'd been taking lessons in descriptive journalism. Really enjoyed them and thought they supplemented the official site reports quite nicely.

The report on Monday was oddly detached and somewhat staid in nature, like it was written with disinterest.

Guest sheridans_world

I wont be buying* the Chron now that Yarwood has left, only decent articles on sport if you ask me.

*Not that I have ever bought it...