Lee Hughes is up for sale £300k

Guest oa_exile
And to think I was supporting your point. Bloody cockneys.

I've warned you before, watch him he will draw you in all buddy,buddy, then stab you in the back ^_^

I'll have a word with him on Saturday :)

Edited by oa_exile

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to put his family first and that means getting the best deal possible for whatever time he has left before he possibly plays out his career at a non-league club. All those clubs that lambasted the Latics for giving him the opportunity, funny how they are apparently knocking on our door now, willing to take him off us.

Good luck to him, whatever he does.

What family? His wife left him....with the kids.

Parasite. (Hughes, not you.)

I was thinking the exact same Paddy. If he goes I will wish him well but I do believe promotion chances will go with him. I may be wrong and I hope I am but I just cant see us winning the types of matches we need to without him.

I wouldn't mind seeing him picking up a knock on saturday ruling him out for 6 weeks.

I was thinking the exact same Paddy. If he goes I will wish him well but I do believe promotion chances will go with him. I may be wrong and I hope I am but I just cant see us winning the types of matches we need to without him.

I wouldn't mind seeing him picking up a knock on saturday ruling him out for 6 weeks.

he stated at the start of the season that his aim was for 20 goals and to play at a higher level..either with us or without us....

there could well have been some kind of fall out behind the scenes with mr corney publically stating he wasnt happy with our number one striker missing the fa cup game wich was worth 20k to us.....

so if mr corney is so worried about 20k,then touting hughes round to all and sundry for 300k smacks a bit of getting his own back because porter shafted us...

yes we wouldnt want to lose out,but he cost us nothing anyway,except wages,so anything we got or get for him is a bonus...

i just hope that if he does go the club bring in another capable striker,because if were still in the top 5 or 6 by the end of january,failing to invest is gonna cost us promotion.

i also cant believe the club would be willing to allow the best striker we have leave while promotion is still an option either....

surely for all concerned the club could say to hughes look...we know your good and we want to go up,sign a 12 month extension and if a club from the championship come in for you at the end of the season you can talk to them,or leave then,but not mid season.

having watched police camera action last night it sort of changed my mind about hughes seeing what Mcormick did to two young boys

I felt sorry for McCormick, atleast he didnt run away, McCormick seemed genuinely devastated. Apparently he heard his girlfriend was having an affair and was rushing back down to plymouth from a wedding he was at to comfront her about this. I couldn't belive that woman 8 malibus and cokes and she blows 4mg when the limit is 35 how is that possible.

I felt sorry for McCormick, atleast he didnt run away, McCormick seemed genuinely devastated. Apparently he heard his girlfriend was having an affair and was rushing back down to plymouth from a wedding he was at to comfront her about this. I couldn't belive that woman 8 malibus and cokes and she blows 4mg when the limit is 35 how is that possible.

yeh it was kind of weird that they were showing that because now naieve people will think right ill go out have 8 malibus and it will be ok to drive ive seen it on tv that its ok, it was giving a false image. I felt sorry for Mcormick at first but then i saw the car at the end and i though what a w*****

yeh it was kind of weird that they were showing that because now naieve people will think right ill go out have 8 malibus and it will be ok to drive ive seen it on tv that its ok, it was giving a false image. I felt sorry for Mcormick at first but then i saw the car at the end and i though what a w*****

It was strange how only a couple of them were over the limit after drinking so much, definately made me think that i could drink more and then drive if i wanted, as previously ive never driven after more than 2 pints.

having watched police camera action last night it sort of changed my mind about hughes seeing what Mcormick did to two young boys

Same here.

Watching McCormick last night, as a parent of a 6 year old boy and a 15 month old boy myself, I was nearly reduced to tears. I have a different point of view of Hughes now, very different.

What about all them people who admitted they drunk and drove ? surely they are just as bad, McCormick and Hughes were just unlucky ? Not sure the same can be said about that guy from Bradford who had his erect penis exposed when rescuers got to him aswell as being heavily intoxicated after he'd killed some one.

Guest oa_exile
It was strange how only a couple of them were over the limit after drinking so much, definately made me think that i could drink more and then drive if i wanted, as previously ive never driven after more than 2 pints.

Dont even think about it, it's just not worth the risk :(

Just think of what that "Extra" pint could do to your livelihood....... and that does not include the hassle, subsequent fine, insurance premiums after, etc.

On the same subject any news on Gregan ?

What about all them people who admitted they drunk and drove ? surely they are just as bad, McCormick and Hughes were just unlucky ? Not sure the same can be said about that guy from Bradford who had his erect penis exposed when rescuers got to him aswell as being heavily intoxicated after he'd killed some one.

I wouldn't say they were unlucky.

Driving a car after having a drink is not on and after a few units is also illegal.

The risks and consequences are there for all to see. Do not do it, simple as.

I wouldn't say they were unlucky.

Driving a car after having a drink is not on and after a few units is also illegal.

The risks and consequences are there for all to see. Do not do it, simple as.

it only takes a couple of minutes to ask a mate to drive you or to get a taxi....

simple fact is you should never drive when you have had a drink,anybody who thinks it is acceptable is as bad as those that do it......

Dont even think about it, it's just not worth the risk :(

Just think of what that "Extra" pint could do to your livelihood....... and that does not include the hassle, subsequent fine, insurance premiums after, etc.

On the same subject any news on Gregan ?

Dont you mean think what effect that "Extra" pint might have on the innocent party you injure or kill!

==================================================================

I know a few people who have very marginally got away with being tested after a fair old skinfull, but then you hear of people testing positive after not having much at all. I think it varies hugely between person to person and from time to time for the same person, depending on how your metabolism is going at that precise time, how you’ve eaten and so on. I still maintain that it’s not having the accident that is the important thing, it’s putting the keys into the ignition. Hughes and McCormack are no better or worse than the hundreds of thousands who haven’t had their crash yet, and maybe never will.

I know a few people who have very marginally got away with being tested after a fair old skinfull, but then you hear of people testing positive after not having much at all. I think it varies hugely between person to person and from time to time for the same person, depending on how your metabolism is going at that precise time, how you’ve eaten and so on.

Exactly .. did anyone see the Police, Camera, Action last night ... some bird had 8 malibu and cokes and only blew 4 milligrams of whatever etc :blink: .. you need to blow about 35 to be above the legal limit.

Exactly .. did anyone see the Police, Camera, Action last night ... some bird had 8 malibu and cokes and only blew 4 milligrams of whatever etc :blink: .. you need to blow about 35 to be above the legal limit.

I think Dean mentioned something like that earlier, http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=196010 .

The only way to really know is to not drink and drive full stop.