Lee Hughes is up for sale £300k

There is some talk we'll bid some cash and Darren Byfield for Lee Hughes. Lots of media talk around here but nothing from the club on it so it could be just rumours. It's one that won't go away though.

why would we want cash plus byfield? we only want byfield on loan cant see us signing him to be honest unless he goes mad and scores a few in the next 4 games

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to put his family first and that means getting the best deal possible for whatever time he has left before he possibly plays out his career at a non-league club. All those clubs that lambasted the Latics for giving him the opportunity, funny how they are apparently knocking on our door now, willing to take him off us.

Good luck to him, whatever he does.

Guest oa_exile
There is some talk we'll bid some cash and Darren Byfield for Lee Hughes. Lots of media talk around here but nothing from the club on it so it could be just rumours. It's one that won't go away though.

This would not suprise me in the slightest.

Agree that it's a possibility as Shez obviously like Byfield.

Guest oa_exile
£300k plus Hughes’ wages is around £18k a week until the end of the season. Enough to fund 3 extremely good loan signings. I don’t buy it that if he goes ours hopes go with him.

Photos?

Think you missed the "." in the middle of the 1 and the 8 Andy :wink:

I can tell you will never own a small business :lol::lol::lol:

I heard some very disturbing news regarding Hughes last week. My source is very reliable and one I trust. As I respect the guy and the info he has divulged I will not relay it publicly, but it is a nailed on fact Lee Hughes will not be an Oldham Athletic player on February 1st. anyone that knows me knows I'm not for posting bull:censored: and i'm pretty confident he'll be going for a lot less than £300k too.

I heard some very disturbing news regarding Hughes last week. My source is very reliable and one I trust. As I respect the guy and the info he has divulged I will not relay it publicly, but it is a nailed on fact Lee Hughes will not be an Oldham Athletic player on February 1st. anyone that knows me knows I'm not for posting bull:censored: and i'm pretty confident he'll be going for a lot less than £300k too.

ive heard some disturbing news is it anything to do with an incident in a pub?

First of all your an Exile so no one is interested in your "I don't!" secondly think about it - Hughes on £18K @ week :lol:

300k fee split over approximately 20 weeks of the season is 15k/week, plus wages of app. 1.5k/week makes 16.5k/week total. Not 18k true, but a darn sight closer than 1.8k.

Bloody exiles...

Guest oa_exile

See you on Saturday B)

All those clubs that lambasted the Latics for giving him the opportunity, funny how they are apparently knocking on our door now, willing to take him off us.

Which clubs were these Nikki? As far as I recall, there was a bit of flak in the media which died down as soon as the ink dried on the contract, and the usual types like Gaunt stuck their oar in but I certainly can't remember any clubs going on record to 'lambast' him. Do you have any record of this?

I think personally it's highly likely he'll be off, and I also think there's something in the fact he picked up bookings to rule him out of both of the cup matches which would further enhance his appeal to a potential suitor (especially a Championship club yet to take part in the FAC). If it's cash plus Byfield we simply have to sink it into a striker to replace him because we simply will not blast our way out of this division with Byfield alone. I rate the guy but it's Hughes that has been winning us games since he's been here, not Byfield.

300k fee split over approximately 20 weeks of the season is 15k/week, plus wages of app. 1.5k/week makes 16.5k/week total. Not 18k true, but a darn sight closer than 1.8k.

Bloody exiles...

Making a few crude assumptions, I split £340,000 (£300k transfer + half a year of Hughesy's reported annual earnings of £80k/year (based in the assumption that his contract will run until midway through the closed season)) across the 19.28571429 weeks between today and 2nd May, giving £17,629.63 per week.

Bloody Midlanders/Scousers