on a positive note........

........how good was Greg Fleming yesterday??? :shock:

That point blank save second half he got a standing ovation for was one of the best I've seen in a long time.

Added to his 3rd penalty save in a row, we've got another in a long line of great keepers in the making in my opinion.

Can't see Crossley getting back in if he keeps playing like he did yesterday.

........how good was Greg Fleming yesterday??? :shock:

That point blank save second half he got a standing ovation for was one of the best I've seen in a long time.

Added to his 3rd penalty save in a row, we've got another in a long line of great keepers in the making in my opinion.

Can't see Crossley getting back in if he keeps playing like he did yesterday.

Agreed...he had a cracking game!

Agreed...he had a cracking game!

Young Greg was very unfortunate that the defence let him down on the rebound. Thought the save was fantastic as was his point blank effort, no way Crossley would've even moved for that never mind saved it. If I do have one slight criticism he needs to try and grab the ball off the striker's feet rather than just getting his hands to it. If he smothers those two balls he wouldn't have had to save the two pens. Young Greg keeps the shirt for me, if Seany Boy can be dropped so can the Piemeister. Well done Greg! We're lucky to have two very good keepers.

Crossley will struggle to regain his place.

Not sure he saved 3 penalties in a row though - thought the post got one of them at Peterborough?

One strong criticism: His distribution seemed to be limited to a long punt down the middle of the pitch. He needs to do exciting things like roll it, throw it or kick diagonally from time to time. Especially with our lack of height up front.

Crossley will struggle to regain his place.

Not sure he saved 3 penalties in a row though - thought the post got one of them at Peterborough?

One strong criticism: His distribution seemed to be limited to a long punt down the middle of the pitch. He needs to do exciting things like roll it, throw it or kick diagonally from time to time. Especially with our lack of height up front.

Crossley's strength is his distribution of the ball, something he is surely teaching Fleming.

Are you joking ? The amount of times Temps ends up on his arse and grubbers it. Flemmo's kicking was fine.

Eight times out of ten on his shorter distribution, Crossley aims a kick directly to an unmarked Latics player, and gets applause from the crowd in appreciation. If he can teach that skill to Fleming, the lad will be an even better player than he is aready.

There was always going to come a point when Temple got injured, it was up to Fleming to take his chance then and hold the place down. For me he's done that and should hold the place until he is out or his form slips. Crossley is still a very good keeper at our level and will be able to step back in when the time comes and he'll be looking for the starting place when he gets his chance. I hope young Greg keeps his confidence to go and make challenges despite two poor decisions against him in two weeks.

he's give 2 penalties away in 2 games through 'rashly' rushing out and by the letter of the law, lucky not to be sent off in both! - would Crossley be given the same heroic reaction........just a thought! :naughty:
Let's face it, it'd look a lot more clumsy if 'Temple' flung himself at an oncoming striker.... :wink:

Hope Fleming gets a decent run in the side,he had a great game yesterday. Being realistic this is probably Crossley's last season so it makes sense to let Fleming get some games under his belt.