With Leeds blowing up at home today (again :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: ) and Hudderfield being pegged back in the last minute, Monday is an excellent opportunity for us to kick on and put points between us and the chasing pack.

If we can take advantage, then we can also start looking up and aiming for an auto place.

The signing of Windass will have raised expectation levels significantly and with Pool haveing 1 eye on the next round of the cup and suffering with a couple of injuries, we must grab the opportunity with both hands.

Cheers,

Harry

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

With Leeds blowing up at home today (again :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: ) and Hudderfield being pegged back in the last minute, Monday is an excellent opportunity for us to kick on and put points between us and the chasing pack.

If we can take advantage, then we can also start looking up and aiming for an auto place.

The signing of Windass will have raised expectation levels significantly and with Pool haveing 1 eye on the next round of the cup and suffering with a couple of injuries, we must grab the opportunity with both hands.

Cheers,

Harry

Spot on Mr Shirt :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

Agree with you there 'Arry,

With Hartlepool fans saying they have some injury problems, Monday night is a must win, closeley followed by a visit to Hereord who have only won four games all season. It would be nice to sit here this time next week with an extra six points in the kitty before we start a reletively tricky few weeks with 3 out of our next 4 away games being against fellow promotion chasers, namely Scunthorpe (on a Tuesday night), Leicester and Millwall.

I appreciate that there are some mixed views on the Windass signing but I think its bloody great and shows TTA's commitment to our promotion push. With Craig Davies looking lively when he came on at the Gay Farm, Byfield going back to Donny will hopefully stop the Hughesey debate and Deanno 2 (cos we've already got one, remember Mr Smalley) joining til the end of the season, Gregan looking back to his best last week, I feel there is real reason to look forward to the second half of the season with great optimism.

Don't forget that we have not lost in the League since the 1st of November, so yes, lets kick on and turn the draws into wins. Life aint so bad after all, just ask Simon Grayson which position he would rather be in.

Cheers,

Harry

how many times have we said we have a chance to kick on though this season and failed? I'm normally quite positive about our games and I actually predicted us to beat Hudders last week, but i'm getting increasingly used to us disappointing when we have a real chance to force ourselves into the auto promotion picture. On the other hand though, Windass is the perfect player to give everyone a lift at home.

Cheers,

Harry

Not worried about the chasing pack, we need to catch MK dons.

Don't want the playoffs as our record in them is probably the worst of any team.

We must go up in one of the automatic places.

and lost them all, but with leicester looking too good for this division then that leaves just one place up for grabs.

Thats why if the TTA are serious about going up then we need to do it this year.

Every year there are more big clubs coming down and it is getting harder to get out.

We have to make a serious effort to catch MKD and that means keeping Taylor and Hughes this season.

They have nought to loose - keep them and go all out for promotion and then sell at the end of the season if we don't do it.

I know Hughes is out of contract so it wont make any differnce with him but Taylor is still under a long term contract.

If we don't do it this year i have serious doubts we will do it at all with TTA !!!!!

Thats why if the TTA are serious about going up then we need to do it this year.

Every year there are more big clubs coming down and it is getting harder to get out.

We have to make a serious effort to catch MKD and that means keeping Taylor and Hughes this season.

They have nought to loose - keep them and go all out for promotion and then sell at the end of the season if we don't do it.

I know Hughes is out of contract so it wont make any differnce with him but Taylor is still under a long term contract.

If we don't do it this year i have serious doubts we will do it at all with TTA !!!!!

yep its a must win game....we are currently on 42 points so a nice win,would settle for a 1-0 but a nice win would set us up nicely and keep us nearer 2nd spot.....hopefully a win at hereford as well and we have given ourself a great chance....back in contention within the top 3.

if we slip up again in the next 2 games then all we deserve is the playoffs..