By the sounds of it they're looking to cash in now. Reckon if Hughes goes for 400k then I reckon we could get Bishop for around 150-200k (200k back into the club to help balance the books as well), a proven goalscorer in League Two, but could he step up a level and still bang the goals in?

Alan Knill updated the media following Saturday's game with Barnet regarding the Andy Bishop new contract offer.

"I spoke to Andy on Friday and he has decided that the answer is no, he won't be signing the contract, which is his right to. Now we wait and see, but I have a meeting with the directors on Monday to see what direction we take."

"Its not really for me to say because I think this is now between the board of directors and the player on what happens and where we go from here. I also have to say that I thought he was excellent today. His work rate and work ethic was fantastic."

"Its not the end of it because I think he wants more time to think about it, I can understand that but people have to understand my thought on this. The targets we are looking at if Andy does go, are going. It goes both ways and he has worked hard enough to put himself into a pretty strong position and I don't blame him for taking that stance. I have a good relationship with Andy. I don't know where it goes, but we will just have to wait and see what happens now."

"The window dictates what happens now. He wants to play higher and that's fair enough. He wants to wait longer, but we are running out of time in case he does go."

Source: http://www.buryfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,...1515802,00.html

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

By the sounds of it they're looking to cash in now. Reckon if Hughes goes for 400k then we could get Bishop fairly cheap for around 200k (200k back into the club to help balance the books as well), a proven goalscorer in League Two, but could he step up a level and still bang the goals in?

Source: http://www.buryfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,...1515802,00.html

well we did get porter from bury and he did fairly well.

They offered him £2,800 a week apparantly. He wants to play at a higher level though.

Bury's forum make's interesting reading - he's a money grabbing b*rsteward apparantly. Most seem annoyed because there was a rumour flying around before the game that he was definately signing straight after the game.

Hopefully it pop's the bubble in their season and they end up back where they belong in mid table. Now that would be a shame*.

U.T.D

W.8.B

*sarcasm

Edited by Rocky_Latic

They offered him £2,800 a week apparantly. He wants to play at a higher level though.

Bury's forum make's interesting reading - he's a money grabbing b*rsteward apparantly. Most seem annoyed because there was a rumour flying around before the game that he was definately signing straight after the game.

Hopefully it pop's the bubble in their season and they end up back where they belong in mid table. Now that would be a shame*.

U.T.D

W.8.B

*sarcasm

They've had enough money grabbers off us, they should be used to it! They'd love it even more if he came here after we got Stephens as well. Do you reckon he can make the step up?

I also think that he'd be a good buy for 200k if Hughesy leaves. Local lad so there shouldn't be any issues with moving to Oldham. Will any teams better than us want Bishop is a big question because player's like him are sought after. Also should we be looking for another striker when were the weakest on the left side of the pitch?

Bury fans seem to be under the illusion it'd take a bid of more than 400k for Bury to accept. That might be the case if you whack on 5 more goals to his goal tally for this season and add another season onto his contract, as it stands if interest is minimal and he'll walk for nothing at the end of the season then I think they'd definitely accept 200k.

They've had enough money grabbers off us, they should be used to it! They'd love it even more if he came here after we got Stephens as well. Do you reckon he can make the step up?

I've only seen him a few times against 'dale but he's always seemed pretty lively to me. Bury fan at work doesnt seem to think he's all that though. :unsure:

Maybe a good signing to replace Hughes, It's about time Dale got a chance as well, but the main reason for my post is, are we, Oldham becoming to Bury what Doncaster are to us?

Hmm two players in 3 years doesn't really compare to Doncaster who are linked with several of our players every week and every single one of our potential targets.

Just what we need, another striker.

Reckon if Hughes goes for 400k then I reckon we could get Bishop for around 150-200k (200k back into the club to help balance the books as well), a proven goalscorer in League Two, but could he step up a level and still bang the goals in?

Hello my name is garymac and I cannot read.

A Bury fan on another site says they no longer need to sell money from sell on clauses such as Nugent keeping them going, but knowing Bury money talks.

S'pose its bury's own Lee Hughes... except that Bishop even more blatantly isnt staying, however do they keep him to help thier unlikely promotion push, or flog him...

If Hughes does toddle off, wouldnt mind seeing a cheeky bid made for bishop... perhaps even throw in O'Grady too if they start haggling, which I'm sure would be a good solution for all parties...

S'pose its bury's own Lee Hughes... except that Bishop even more blatantly isnt staying, however do they keep him to help thier unlikely promotion push, or flog him...

If Hughes does toddle off, wouldnt mind seeing a cheeky bid made for bishop... perhaps even throw in O'Grady too if they start haggling, which I'm sure would be a good solution for all parties...

I doubt it...Didn't Bury fans think he was gash?

I doubt it...Didn't Bury fans think he was gash?

Gash is a nice way of putting bury fans thoughts on him :lol: Then again. Most of them do admit that if his 30 yard shot against Gills had gone in, rather than hit the bar. That they might have considered him to be 'alright', rather than able to hold a ball up but on the whole, "f**kin sh*te".

Think Knill thought the same too, otherwise he'd of at least made an effort to extend rather than looking elsewhere for a back up striker.

Also should we be looking for another striker when were the weakest on the left side of the pitch?

Where that lad who several clubs apparently want to pay £1m for plays? We have very little cover at the back if anywhere (I grant you including the left hand side of it)