He was caught in possession a few times and looked uncomfortable on the ball. By his standards that was below par.

he wasnt below par...he had eardly at the side of him not tackling and letting them run at the defence meaning he had to double up and got pulled out of position a lot...

that first half performance tonight was akin to leeds away...shame the second half went tits up.

he wasnt below par...he had eardly at the side of him not tackling and letting them run at the defence meaning he had to double up and got pulled out of position a lot...

that first half performance tonight was akin to leeds away...shame the second half went tits up.

I'm not an Eardley basher but he was gash tonight and has seemed under par for a few weeks now.

I'm not an Eardley basher but he was gash tonight and has seemed under par for a few weeks now.

Eh? I think he's been brilliant for us and was pretty solid tonight. And lets be honest, did Hartlepool actually have a shot on target tonight? You don't do that with a gash centre half.

Yes, I think he got caught a couple of times but not once did he actually lose possession. I'm a far calmer person in my seat than I am when Stam's got the ball with a centre forward closing in on him!

Well from my seat in the Rocky road end, i personally think Hazell had a decent game, he has been one of, or if not, the best signing at Boundary Park for quite a few years, very rarely puts a foot wrong, a no nonsense player and our team would suffer if he doesnt play. Its also about time the fans of this club stopped slating our own players, Eardley didnt do much wrong last night and I think he is a young man who could go on to better things, one numpty behind me had a go at him in the second half, when Eardley had just sprinted 20 yards down the right wing to meet a pass, as he got there, the defender flew in and wiped him out........." Eardley youre a joke" came the response from the afore mentioned numpty......lets just enjoy our team and realise we are near the top and not the bottom......

Support your team, dont slate em...

If i'd heard shez correctly, it looked something like "Ruuubbeess, that's effing sloppy, sort it out" (Although it didn't appear to be Rubes fault!)

Though apart from that 'icckle' spat, I would have thought the 'gaffer' will have been quite pleased with his centre halves first 70minutes - though the last 20, he may have wanted to have a word with them regarding a bit of sloppy defending!

Fleming, Rubes, Greags, Maher, Windass = all solid - any good side needs a good spine, we could finally have it all at the same time - keep it up!!

I saw Ruben go mad at Shez and after that he paniced and just smashed everything as far as he could.

I think Rubs has been amazing and a great signing. However i did think he looked a little shakey on the ball last night and nearly got caught as did Gregan on 1 or 2 occasions.

Thought the defence did well on whole but only because they had little to do all game and this may have been the reason for a little sloppyness.

I saw Ruben go mad at Shez and after that he paniced and just smashed everything as far as he could.

I think Rubs has been amazing and a great signing. However i did think he looked a little shakey on the ball last night and nearly got caught as did Gregan on 1 or 2 occasions.

Thought the defence did well on whole but only because they had little to do all game and this may have been the reason for a little sloppyness.

Also, that little umper lumper up front had put them under little/no pressure for 60 minutes, then Monkhouse came on, dropped a little bit deeper and caused 'em one or two 'small' problems, which caused a bit of mild panic at times.

Overall though defensively as a side as a whole, we are looking pretty compact imo.

I think it was a case of Shez reminding Hazell about his habit of the long hoof to which he is quite prone. Excellent defender but if he could play better passes and a bit more football then he'd playing at a much higher level. Wouldn't be a shock if we got a bid for him!