People Who Ruin The Game

A bit of a rant really....

I have moved over from the Lookers to the main stand this season, and I am starting to wish I could sit on my own in what is left of the lookers stand. I used to enjoy the banter we had in the lookers paddock and now it seems that most of the so called fans who sit around us just want to moan and comontate on the game. To the point that I am sick of hearing certain people chat on. There are people who aim abuse at players and dont stop slagging them off, and its starting to get petty. Take Eardley, he had a mare tonight but it doesnt warrent the abuse he gets for every pass, at one poing I heard someone say "I cringe when the ball goes to the right".

I know I could move my season ticket and I know its part and parcel of the game but I am SICK TO DEATH OF PEOPLE CHATTING RUBBISH, its ruining the way I feel about going to the game.

Is it too much to ask for people to go to the game and not moan or try and crack the sae jokes, about the same player, using nicknames like "Tats" and "Kel". What happened to "well done lad" or "great play". If you like moaning so much, why do you still go?

I thought there was a moto "KEEP THE FAITH"?

:mad:

I think you'd prefer the A section of the RRE, some moaners but not loads, get a good atmosphere from the T and I blocks, but only have to stand up when we're in on goal at our end.

Went in the Main Stand for the Cheltenham cup game and heard a lot of what you describe, it's really shocking stuff when you're not used to it!

Went in the Main Stand for the Cheltenham cup game and heard a lot of what you describe, it's really shocking stuff when you're not used to it!

Same here. Vile abuse....I couldn't even come up with some of it! :blush: As for people commentating on the game in there, I had a fella sat behind with his mate who was a pleasure to listen to. Very knowledgable, I thought he was a scout until it became apparent he wasn't (opposition goal). I came away feeling like I had learnt something!

As for it ruining the game, it doesn't necessarily - you just let it ruin it for you. Either ignore them or have a go back....I actually miss that from the Lookers :lol: Luke Beckett during last seasons Jason Jarrett show springs to mind.

I have moved over from the Lookers to the main stand this season, and I am starting to wish I could sit on my own in what is left of the lookers stand. I used to enjoy the banter we had in the lookers paddock and now it seems that most of the so called fans who sit around us just want to moan and comontate on the game. To the point that I am sick of hearing certain people chat on. There are people who aim abuse at players and dont stop slagging them off, and its starting to get petty. Take Eardley, he had a mare tonight but it doesnt warrent the abuse he gets for every pass, at one poing I heard someone say "I cringe when the ball goes to the right".

I know I could move my season ticket and I know its part and parcel of the game but I am SICK TO DEATH OF PEOPLE CHATTING RUBBISH, its ruining the way I feel about going to the game.

Is it too much to ask for people to go to the game and not moan or try and crack the sae jokes, about the same player, using nicknames like "Tats" and "Kel". What happened to "well done lad" or "great play". If you like moaning so much, why do you still go?

Its getting worse and worse mate. Going to the football just isnt as much fun anymore. The authorities have stiffled the atmosphere, so instead of drowning out the negative normans and the moaners, its all you can hear.

On top of this the amount of top class football shown on TV I feel has led to people subconsiously thinking that teams like Oldham should be playing like Man United or Chelsea week in week out, which in turn leads to even more negativity from the crowd when it doesnt happen.

Shez (on a small budget) has put together a team which is challenging at the right end of the table, with a good mix of our own homegrown youngsters yet gets very little credit (on here especially, as well as at the match) which IMO he and the team deserve. Of course there are many things which we can still improve on but things could be much much worse than they are at the moment.

I'm in exactly the same position. I loved it in the lookers. It might have to be Chaddy end next season.

This is a bit of a generalisation, not everyone in the Main Stand is a moaner and I'm sure there must have been a fair share of moaners in the Ford Stand. :shock:

Agree - there are one or two muppets but in the main the main stand is supportive of the players - mistakes and all. :huh:

This is a bit of a generalisation, not everyone in the Main Stand is a moaner and I'm sure there must have been a fair share of moaners in the Ford Stand. :shock:

Thats why I said that "most" and not all of the people who sit around me. There are some smart people in that stand who have some really interesting and valid stuff to say.

Change of seating me thinks

instead of moving stands,why not move seats..its got plenty of room.

also,do you think they are all happy clappers in the chaddy?

the serial moaners are the ones with no actual understanding of the term "supporting your team"..thats why they feel frustrated so easily and have to voice their opinions in a borish fashion.

either that or the missus has left them for another lass.

Thats why I said that "most" and not all of the people who sit around me. There are some smart people in that stand who have some really interesting and valid stuff to say.

Change of seating me thinks

Yeah, I've changed my seat twice (over a good number of years) as there is nothing worse than being sat really close to a loud mouth balloon who moans and groans the whole time, it can really spoil your enjoyment of the game.

Every stand will have this though, you just need to change your seat until you find a better spot.

Have to admit that i'm rapidly coming round to your way of thinking Ady. Think a move might be on the cards. For those of you on here that don't know us personally i'm adrianpshaw's much more tolerant older brother. I too miss the Lookers Paddock with a vengance but it aint coming back, at least not how it was. Sitting with the regulars (you know who you are) was the highlight of my week because, no matter how crap the game was, we had a laugh. Yes there would be grumbles when it wasn't going to plan but player bashing wasn't constant like it seems to be in the Main Stand.

The guy behind us is indeed an utter tool. I used to find some of the hot air that came out out of his mouth mildly amusing but he is also rapidly beginning to irritate the hell out of me as well. All he did from kick off to final whistle last night was lay into Eardley, then Lomax, then Smalley and then back to Eardley again. He just cannot say one single positive thing about Eardley, not one. If it wasn't for the fact that I struggle to take my eyes of his incredibly tasty daughter i'd have moved seats a long long time ago.

On a more contravertial note (reaches for tin hat) I am also sick to back teeth of the negative bile that Shez constantly spouts from the touch line for 90 minutes. I can't fault the job he's doing, bearing in mind we're 3rd in the table, but he doesn't have a positive word to say all game. No wonder some of our younger players look frightened to death of the ball. They're scared to death of making a mistake. And no matter how many cock up's Greegs makes it's always Eardley or Reuben's fault. I prefered it when I was sat on the other side of the pitch so I could only see him waving his arms about and not have to listen to him.

Shez, if you read this, you were a world class player. They are not and never will be. Give them a break. If you don't think they're doing the business then drop them. If not, wind your neck in man!!!

On a more contravertial note (reaches for tin hat) I am also sick to back teeth of the negative bile that Shez constantly spouts from the touch line for 90 minutes. I can't fault the job he's doing, bearing in mind we're 3rd in the table, but he doesn't have a positive word to say all game. No wonder some of our younger players look frightened to death of the ball. They're scared to death of making a mistake. And no matter how many cock up's Greegs makes it's always Eardley or Reuben's fault. I prefered it when I was sat on the other side of the pitch so I could only see him waving his arms about and not have to listen to him.

This part of his personality could be what costs us promotion and Shez his job.

Equally, he has to get the balance right. He praised Lomax a few weeks ago as "best player on the pitch" when he'd had a mediocre game at right back.

While the younger players need praise most, just about every human being on the planet feels a bit of pride when somebody encourages them, respects their efforts and strokes their ego. It makes them want to repeat the good things and correct the not so good.

Edited by opinions4u

I agree with not giving players abuse everytime they do something wrong, it's not like they mean to hit a ball in the stand everytime they kick it, but football is about opinions and you are moaning about people cracking the same jokes and saying the same things. Maybe you should start going to church or something where everybody likes the same thing and no one moans. Or perhaps just keep coming to watch the team you and everyone else supports who turns up at Boundry Park and stop moaning on here about the people who are moaning in the ground. If you moan on here or in the ground whats the difference?

I agree with not giving players abuse everytime they do something wrong, it's not like they mean to hit a ball in the stand everytime they kick it, but football is about opinions and you are moaning about people cracking the same jokes and saying the same things. Maybe you should start going to church or something where everybody likes the same thing and no one moans. Or perhaps just keep coming to watch the team you and everyone else supports who turns up at Boundry Park and stop moaning on here about the people who are moaning in the ground. If you moan on here or in the ground whats the difference?

BP is my church! I just think its time some people actually did "support" the team.

Anyway, you come on here to have an optinion and you go to BP to watch football, there is the difference

Shez, if you read this, you were a world class player. They are not and never will be. Give them a break. If you don't think they're doing the business then drop them. If not, wind your neck in man!!!

A fair point on Shez but I am not sure if you should read too much into it, he was just like this as a player too, bollocking everyone around him. I remember a friendly match vs Northwhich a few years ago (where you could hear every shout) and some of the abuse he was giving the Australian trialist was unbelievable.

Can't think of a church i've ever been in where the old dear in the hat behind me kept shouting "F@ck off God you're a useless tw*t" every 5 minutes but hey ho.....

The clue to the atmosphere at BP can be found when the PA belts out "lets get ready to Grumble".

Still havent' found a home since the Paddock went ..... main stand wasn't to bad last night, although was surrounded by scouts who funny enough left when Hughes came off.