Team for Stockport

Fleming

Stam Gregan Hazell Golbourne

Liddell Allott Whittaker Taylor

Windass Hughes

Subs: Smalley, Maher, Lomax, Davies, Lee

I hope you know that, under the rules of OWTB, if your first post turns out to be inaccurate you are barred?

:grin:

fleming

lomax hazell gregan golbourne

smalley allott lee taylor

hughes windass

subs: stam, whitaker, davies, alessandra, stephens.

If I was the gaffer:

Fleming

Lee, Hazell, Stam, Golbourne

Davies, Allott, Whittaker, Taylor

Hughes, Windass

If Shez is the gaffer

Fleming

Lomax, Hazell, Gregan, Golbourne

Smalley, Allott, Whittaker, Taylor

Hughes, Windass

:wink:

Liddell Allott Maher Taylor

yes thats right, lets play a midfield with no legs barring taylor and allott(not the quickest but gets there and puts a tackle in) against a team full of young lads, thatll do it.

smalley and lee in the midfield every game, or if not lee then stephens, cos whitaker does nothing in terms of tackling and cant be arsed to run at people. maher is ok in the allott role with a younger mdfielder ie lee/stephens alongside, same with allott.

If I was the gaffer:

Fleming

Lee, Hazell, Stam, Golbourne

Davies, Allott, Whittaker, Taylor

Hughes, Windass

If Shez is the gaffer

Fleming

Lomax, Hazell, Gregan, Golbourne

Smalley, Allott, Whittaker, Taylor

Hughes, Windass

:wink:

I am so glad your not the gaffer. Whittaker? Davies on the wing? I wouldn't trust him with the defensive responsibilities.

Fleming, Lomax, Hazell, Gregan, Golbourne, Deane, Allott, Maher, Taylor, Windass, Mental.

4-1. Easy.

I am so glad your not the gaffer. Whittaker? Davies on the wing? I wouldn't trust him with the defensive responsibilities.

Fleming, Lomax, Hazell, Gregan, Golbourne, Deane, Allott, Maher, Taylor, Windass, Mental.

4-1. Easy.

Is this assuming Hughesy is gone come Sat??? or are u leaving out a 14goal striker???

personally .....

3-4-1-2

..................Fleming

...........Hazell Gregan Stam

Lee .........allott....maher ...... golbourne

....... .............taylor

.......hughes ........ mental

subs ...

Lewi

Windass

Smalley

Stephens

Whittaker

Is this assuming Hughesy is gone come Sat??? or are u leaving out a 14goal striker???

I'm going to have a wild stab at it being the latter.

I can't see the argument for putting Taylor in the middle. He'd get kicked up a couple of times, lose the ball and look lost. It just doesn't suit his skills in any match IMO. This might be the game more than any other that suits a back three though with the spare defender's place going to Lewis or maybe Lee dropping in behind Hughes and Windy

I'm going to have a wild stab at it being the latter.

I can't see the argument for putting Taylor in the middle. He'd get kicked up a couple of times, lose the ball and look lost. It just doesn't suit his skills in any match IMO. This might be the game more than any other that suits a back three though with the spare defender's place going to Lewis or maybe Lee dropping in behind Hughes and Windy

I disagree .... he has looked ineffective for months on the left. Different opinions on this - obv. hard being double / triple marked, but also has looked stale. He is and always has struggled to put in quality left foot crosses and aint scored from a cut in for ages. Onlt seems to look impressive when drifting inside trying to affect the match. He's not gonna work in a two, shez has tried that on numerous occasions BUT in a three with two ball players (albeit sideways) behind him AND he will gain space to run at the back four ... give him a "free role" - obv. an extra man in the middle will help and Taylor despite not being able to tackle for toffee does close down hassle and harray. Its worth a go for me cos we just aint creative enough/doing anything different to unlock defences.

Wont happen tho, neither will anything revolutionary or different with the master Shez in the dugout

Not going to be a popular opinion but I would play Kelvin at right back tomorrow - we already have one new kid in the team with the left back - if we stick another in by playing Lee I think we are asking for trouble - Greegs and Rubes will have to spend half their time managing their full-back - plus if we play Smalley at right mid and I see no reason why not then I would rather have the non-attacking Lomax to provide cover as I can see the new boy rampaging down the left in a similar manner to Jones.

Having a game on his natural side could do Kelvin's confidence a world of good, he is a good right back for us and it would be nice to see him proove the people who have written him off to be wrong. - If his confidence is at rock bottom and he has a mare then it may be a good idea to sub him for Lee.

personally .....

3-4-1-2

..................Fleming

...........Hazell Gregan Stam

Lee .........allott....maher ...... golbourne

....... .............taylor

.......hughes ........ mental

subs ...

Lewi

Windass

Smalley

Stephens

Whittaker

I'm leaving him out. And will continue to do so until the contract issue is resolved. Fat Dean and Mental are more than capable.