soccer am

apparently oldham fans are going to be on soccer am in about 3 weeks and my sales director (work in manchester) is going on with his mate.

Now the only problem is that my boss is a mad celtic fan (has a bloody big celtic crest on leg) and is definately not a latics fan and also knows absolutley nothing about oldham, in fact i'm not even sure of the last game he went to, it was prob the man u celtic game from last year.

Having a dilema of:

wanting to email Helen Chamberlain and having her 'out' him live on tv but unsure as to what 'light' that would put the rest of us in, i.e. that we couldn't even get enough fans to go on the show and have to have a ringer

would appreciate some ideas on this

apparently oldham fans are going to be on soccer am in about 3 weeks and my sales director (work in manchester) is going on with his mate.

Now the only problem is that my boss is a mad celtic fan (has a bloody big celtic crest on leg) and is definately not a latics fan and also knows absolutley nothing about oldham, in fact i'm not even sure of the last game he went to, it was prob the man u celtic game from last year.

Having a dilema of:

wanting to email Helen Chamberlain and having her 'out' him live on tv but unsure as to what 'light' that would put the rest of us in, i.e. that we couldn't even get enough fans to go on the show and have to have a ringer

Wouldn't be the first time

Having a dilema of:

Name and Shame! :wink:

If they go in full kit however (shirt shorts and socks), surely they will notice his celtic tattoo on his leg??

Having a dilema of:

I think that could possibly be one of the most embarrassing things as a Latics fan...people already say half our fans are Manure and Citeh fans so I can't imagine what will be said if we have Celtic fans too!

I wish all "band-wagon jumpers" would jump on their wagon and F*CK OFF! (only joking, i wish they'd come and spend some serious cash at BP :grin: )

It's down to soccer am. They should ensure it's genuine fans or at least attempt to make it so. As far as I am aware Latics fans have now been on 3 times, and certainly the last time and now this they aren't Tics. It's piss poor really.

Gillingham....(unless there was another time before that one!! :shock::blush: ) We won 1 nil, with a goal from super hamstrings Chris Killen

gave him the option of backing out but he wants his moment of fame, being the typical scotsman (ginger and resembles big van vander) hes going to look a sight in the football kit.

Can't see him wearing the blue (rangers) so told him he would have to wear the fluo yellow

When is this? Does it occur when we play Leicester away, Northampton home, Yeovil away or Millwall away? As no-one would believe they are proper Oldham fans if it happens when we are at home. But if it was Millwall or Leicester it might be believeable. You could name and shame all you want it might make us look bad but so what. These shows with their 'fans' are all usually :censored: I've never seen either Oldham Soccerette from earlier this season at an Oldham game, one was a wannabe glamour model and the other probably only goes when we have a big game on. (I stand to be corrected). I can't remember if I recognised any of the previous Oldham fans that have been on Soccer AM, but I get the impression that's because some of them weren't. If Soccer AM really was bothered they'd make sure the fans they have on (be it Soccerette or blokes) actually go to watch the team they support more than once in a blue moon as I'm sure it happens with other clubs.

I've only ever watched Setanta's Monday night thing once but I'm sure it gets some Man U fans goat that the Man U fans they have on are from London (they certainly weren't Mancs when I watched). I like Soccer AM but it just seems passe now and I can't remember the last time I watched it for more than 5 minutes at a time (I've usually got other stuff to do and I quite like Fighting Talk which is on Radio 5 at the same time). Those sort of programmes are probably watched by more people who think they're a football fan if they spend the occassional Saturday watching Senor Stelling and his sycophants than those who actually go to a few games. If whoever wants to advertise the fact they are full of armchair supporters by having a load of armchair supporters on then they can go ahead. People like to go on telly and if some random Scottish Celtic supporting bloke wants to go on telly so badly he'd pretend to be a fan of a team he knows very little about who aren't exactly world beaters, he can do, but he'd better buy the kit.