Fans

i've been goin to the tics now for 15 yrs and this club has always suffered a complete lack of motivation and ambition, this forum just goes to comfirm that most of it comes from the stands. Footy fans want brazil type winning football week on week and it never going to happen in oldham, Keep the faith , Love your club win or lose, playing well or bad its like a marrige granted sometimes a bad one GET USED TO IT :grin:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That board members is absolutely correct. In fact the style or lack of football is deteriorating week on week and it's noticeable. What are we doing in training? I promise you this people, if we topple outta the top six we will not get back in. Play off's with the start we had is a minimum. We were lack lustre and very very poor first half and Swindon were the better team. Second half a vast improvement but where as the football gone this season?.

I went watching us train with a mate a while back and I was shocked and disappointed at the lack of professionalism and work that went on.

They warmed up for 15 mins then played a game that was it! No working on set pieces no coaching of players it was like your local boozer training on a Wednesday night!

We need a manager at our place because the players are too pally with ‘Shez’.

We could do with a manager that has no previous connections with the club to come in and upset a few regulars who are just cashing wages from one week to the next and give us some professionalism back, we need that someone to not hesitate at dropping a player if needs be.

i've been goin to the tics now for 15 yrs and this club has always suffered a complete lack of motivation and ambition, this forum just goes to comfirm that most of it comes from the stands. Footy fans want brazil type winning football week on week and it never going to happen in oldham, Keep the faith , Love your club win or lose, playing well or bad its like a marrige granted sometimes a bad one GET USED TO IT :grin:

I dont belive we had 11 players fighting to win today... Very lack luster... I dont want brazil style football... I just want passion and fire...

We have in all honestly been average since we beat Scunthorpe at home.

The victory over MK Dons was actually the first sign that Latics weren't going to walk this division.

We were lucky to get this far but I am afraid when times are tough and decisions need to be made we will be left lacking by our management.

Yes

I have completely lost faith in Sheridan and his band of merry coaches (pals).

They have 3 months to sort it.

I didn’t boo today because.......I gave my season ticket away

Quitter.

It baffles me that Corney & Blitz can be so successful in their own right but cant see a pub team playing week in week out when they own one!

Corney has already commented on the preparation for games against lower sides like Swindon.

He knows exactly what 'good' looks like. He's seen the same players deliver it this season.

Sheridan has to solve it in February or he won't be here come June.

Edited by opinions4u

That maybe true but remember divorce is always on option in a marriage, as is the manager getting the sack!

I believe we have a good enough squad and a change in management would kick start our season again and take us to promotion, I just don’t think Sheridan knows how to get that extra effort from the players, how many times have we had the “never again” speech from him.

I dont belive we had 11 players fighting to win today... Very lack luster... I dont want brazil style football... I just want passion and fire...

i agree totally, i just want to see passion from my team but it just seems like some footy fans will never ever be happy no matter what

don,t know about brazil type,but when you see your team giving everything for each other its easy to put it behind you if you lose and look forward to next week,but when you see this can,t be arsed attitude then you to where we are now imo

That maybe true but remember divorce is always on option in a marriage, as is the manager getting the sack!

I believe we have a good enough squad and a change in management would kick start our season again and take us to promotion, I just don’t think Sheridan knows how to get that extra effort from the players, how many times have we had the “never again” speech from him.

like you i do get sick of the never again talk, but if we sack shez were do we go from there any realistic suggestions then??????? :unsure: coz i don't think jose gonna leave inter for us

I went watching us train with a mate a while back and I was shocked and disappointed at the lack of professionalism and work that went on.

They warmed up for 15 mins then played a game that was it! No working on set pieces no coaching of players it was like your local boozer training on a Wednesday night!

...and how many other clubs training sessions have you visited to compare what's 'classed' as professionalism Kyle ?

I don't think people do expect Brazil type winning football we were playing that footballing superpower Swindon Town today who are nowhere near us in the league we were at home and we should look to turn them over we don't and we can forget promotion would of quite happily taken scrappy 1-0's against the likes of Orient, Brighton, Yeovil, and Swindon 9 points dropped there that would now see us sat second and breathing down Leicester's neck. That for me is the big difference between this team and what I believe is the strongest side we have had at this level the Dowie team as that side could win ugly and ground out wins and draws when it wasn't playing at its best.

I started supporting us in 1990 my Dad was a lapsed supporter since the 70's and strated taking a then 7 year old me to Latics since then its been Latics all the way for me and will continue to be, but if it wasn't for that successful period then I may have chosen a different team I bet I'm not the only one in their mid twenties who got hooked because of that golden period. We need another period of success to get the next generation interested.

Guest sheridans_world

Lomax has his best game today for the last few weeks. I noticed there was a lack of clapping at halftime and fulltime today and when Windass went off/Alessandra on.

Hope we win on Tuesday, need the three points. Thought we played well today for the most part. Just lacking a goal or two.

:laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16: They will destroy us

Sounds daft doesn't it but it would be typical of us to go and beat one of those teams and mess up against one of the dross I remember thinking the same after we gave a pathetic home performance against Walsall last year just before we played Leeds and then Everton that we would do one of them. We just always struggle against the poor teams and back we go to that magic word Consistency.

At the end of the day, we paid money to watch that game, some paid hundreds! (season ticket)

We are all entitled to our opinion, we pay to watch them win!

In an ideal world yes 'we pay to watch them win' but in the real world we all know that will not happen every week.

What we do pay for is for the team to do their best every game,if today was their best effort(after tuesday).

We are going nowhere

Nor was clapping Windass off after a terrible performance. 3 games in 7 days is too much at 39 and not match fit. Sheridan should have realised that after the first 45 mins

One of the biggest probems we have -

Shez not realising or not learning.

I have been supportive of Shez as a learning young manager but afraid he isn't learning.

Comes out with the same old comments every week and does nowt about it.

WHY is Lomax keeping Eardley out ?

The lad has completely lost his confidence since the udders mauling and Shez should take him out of the firing line.

WHY does he leave it unit 15 mins from time to sub and bring Allessandra on when a blind man could see after 5 mins of the second half nothing had changed ?

WHY does he persist with the same team away when its not working ?

WHY does he insist that you need pace to get out of this division but has 2 pensioners up front.

WHY does he have his favourites (ie Lids ) when we have youngsters on the sidelines raring to have a go.

Look back through his comments and Shez is fully aware of all these issue but what has he done about it -

NOWT

Afraid Shez's inability to take positive action will result in us being in this league for a long while !!!

I didn't boo yesertady. The first-half was quite poor, fair enough, but I was happy with what Shez got outta them in the second-half. We coulda scored 5/6, it just wasn't our day. Maybe if the lads had pulled their finger out earlier on it would have been a win.

However, what does annoy me is those prats who clap and praise every player despite their performance just because Shez has asked for the booing to stop or stand up and clap and make their faces be seen when Windass, who was quite poor all game, was being subbed (and/or those who constantly pick fault at players). This absolute idiot next to me yesterday was saying things like "Oh we don't boo down here". That's ok, but he was just doing it to be heard. He praised the likes of Taylor constantly and Hughesy ("Come on Chrissy T"). Now I don't have a problem with that because it was proper encouragment for the lads. But Scott Golbourne and Kelvin Lomax didn't get that. All of a sudden, it was "he's :censored: :censored:e that Golbourne" etc. That annoyed me.

Then it was back to defending poor, poor play. A stupid, needless long-ball from Gregan to Taylor - of all bloody players - I didn't like. I just said "come on Greegs, you can do better than that - who was that to?". He said back "Taylor obviously, considering he's near their right-back". When in fact Tayls was 15 yards away. Also when Hughesy shot from 25 yards when Smalley was unmarked, running into the penalty area. I said to my dad he shoulda passed, but of course "the net's in that direction, not where Smalley is". He got a little argument then from me.

I didn't boo as I say, and I wouldn't boo that sorta performance because it wasn't that bad, and I try to always encourage those who really graft etc, but when fans refuse to have a solid opinion on the game incase they get some stick from the manager or from other fans baffles me.

I'm sure a lot will disagree. I don't have a problem because I understand how fans booing or fans moaning can have an effect, but if players don't work hard enough then I'll voice my frustrations with that player, which is one of the few things I will pick fault with. As it is, we don't have any players who put in half-arsed performances. What Sheridan is obviously on about when he's on about fans booing and picking fault is every time a player makes a little error they boo/give stick. He certainly doesn't mind fans having a little go - especially at the experienced lot - who constantly make daft decisions. But some, just to please Shez, sit there and encourage everything a player does, even if it is consistently poor.

I'm sure many people will come and have a go back at this post but sod it, I feel strongly about the booing and abuse some fans give to the players, and whilst I appreciate they can have an opinion, I can have mine too, and I personally can't believe that the players were booed off today... it was by no means a breathtaking performance, and I myself expected 3 points before the game, but booing? Pathetic.

Nez, I agree with you 110% about the personal abuse there is just no need. Lomax was getting the same stick at Hereford and I found it embarassing. It was the same bunch of muppets who were fighting amongst themselves. They really should stop playing on their playstations, get jobs and step into the real world.

The booing though is another thing entirely. The boos yesterday were for the overall performance. I didn't hear too many from the Chaddy, but I didn't hear that much from the Chaddy for the majority of the game.

Booing the team ..... NEVER justified!!

Pray tell what does it achieve ? Certainly nothing positive that could help the team win the next game.

So booing the team at Hereford wasnt justified?

Think it was Mark, when people had travelled 3 hours and spent around £70-£130 on the day out. What happened the next game? I didnt boo on Saturday. Didnt see any reason too. Then again. I didnt clap them off either. I wont be there tomorrow though if it's on. I've spent too much money in recent weeks on Latics only to wonder why i've bothered, coming away saying the same thing week after week, win, lose or draw.

Dont understand Shez's comments in the press about a section of the fans booing - wasnt it the other week he was saying that the fans had a right to boo having spent their money to watch that and how we wouldnt see similar performances like that under him in the future. Yet it's twice in less than a week that we've put in a terrible performance. Only a few weeks on since Hereford too. Yet he suddenly changes his stance on whether fans are right to boo or not.

i did boo at the end of the game but it wasnt directed at the players. week in week out we pay good money to watch the latics - only to be put down by :censored:e officials! true latics weren't world class but the ref and liners were garbage. we always get them!!!

this is killing us! respect the officials ?? respect is earnt , not given!

i did boo at the end of the game but it wasnt directed at the players. week in week out we pay good money to watch the latics - only to be put down by :censored:e officials! true latics weren't world class but the ref and liners were garbage. we always get them!!!

this is killing us! respect the officials ?? respect is earnt , not given!

How many times do we have to have this ridiculous debate?

Personally, I never boo the team off, and never slate individual players, but the nature of football makes it inevitable that many fans will do so when things aren't to their satisfaction. It is the same at every club, at whatever level, in the entire world.

This will never change.