You sign a 39 year old grandad who is yet to score a goal and sell us a promising young striker for peanuts.Thats what you call good business. :grin:

Perhaps it's your manager who failed to get the best out of Davis or curb his attitude.

Once again THANKS. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:tongue1::D:tongue1::D

I agree with you for now......................but we shall see :unsure:

You sign a 39 year old grandad who is yet to score a goal and sell us a promising young striker for peanuts.Thats what you call good business. :grin:

Perhaps it's your manager who failed to get the best out of Davis or curb his attitude.

For as sarcastic and antagonising as your post may come across, you've hit the proverbial nail on the napper seagull

He'll do a good job for you!

Promising :grin:

He has been promising for about 5 years now, good luck! 23 years old and already on his 6th club :blush:

Does your boyfriend know your using his laptop?

Woof.

Woof.

HAHA

you will think hes brilliant, he will run past a defender and get to the ball first and then ..... uh oh .... Davies gives it away/shoots high and wide/crosses the ball 20 yeards over the bar again

Woof.

What makes me laugh though is,some of you expected a swap deal for Murray.That was never going to happen,i new that but some of you didn't.You also expected 250k for Davis,again

that was never going to happen.I have no idea what we paid but you try and find a decent striker for 100k-150k.There is no way we paid more then that.Unless Murray wants to leave then as i've said before

we will get at least 500k for him.

No it isn't. Made up numbers as usual.

And yes, for the rest of the season at least and probably next, Windass is a far better asset than Davies.

I always that an asset was something that was worth, or would be worth something to it's employer/company etc, due to it's ability/long term potential etc, so i don't see how windass can be worth any value to OAFC, whereas Davies, albeit not fully showing his potential, is certainly worth a fee!?!?

In the short term Windy may aid us to promotion, though after the last 2 months, is that not becoming less realistic?

You prob paid about 70k for Mental and as you say "you try and find a decent striker for 100k-150k". It answers your own question he ain't that good....could be in the future BUT has a lot to prove.

As for Murray 500k never going to happen.

Well you simply don't know what your talking about.We paid 300k for him from a legue 2 club.He has made the step up with ease and could quite easily play in the championship.Go and look at his stats.Hardly

any difference from Hughes yet he is only 24.

What makes me laugh though is,some of you expected a swap deal for Murray.That was never going to happen,i new that but some of you didn't.You also expected 250k for Davis,again

that was never going to happen.I have no idea what we paid but you try and find a decent striker for 100k-150k.There is no way we paid more then that.Unless Murray wants to leave then as i've said before

we will get at least 500k for him.

I would say that Davies has got bags of potential but equally he has been one of the most frustrating players I have seen in a Latics shirt. If he could have fulfilled his potential he would have been moving to the Premiership for a tasty fee. He might still do that.

As for shez not getting the most out of him, yeah you could be right there. I don't think he's the most brightest of managers. In the end though, I'm not too sad to see him go and I think we have a much better chance of getting in the playoffs with a 39 year old than with Davies.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

There are many ways to judge a player's worth as an asset to the club, only one of which is potential future transfer value.

If Windass plays a key role in getting us promoted, he will have been worth more to us than Davies will ever command as a transfer fee.

I'll give it 6months and you'll be ripping your hair out...there will be games when he's very good and games when he's crap.

He's got lots of pace but hasn't a clue how to use it...Good luck you'll need it!!!!!

There are many ways to judge a player's worth as an asset to the club, only one of which is potential future transfer value.

If Windass plays a key role in getting us promoted, he will have been worth more to us than Davies will ever command as a transfer fee.

Far from being doom and gloom, but I think realistically it's a big IF!