whats gone with the 2 signing

hope the club have agreed a deal ie paperwork and a late finish most probable Latics hit deadends in transfer hunt.. Thought Gleeson would have signed with DJ. Kilkenny was always dodgy wages etc

So we can still sign someone even though the transfer deadline has passed?

i still thought the after 5pm extension was for premier league clubs, can someone clear this up for me.

i think its permanant and premier league deals which finish at 5pm....im sure league 1 and 2 can sign players on loan for another month yet,then its just emergency loans.

i think its permanant and premier league deals which finish at 5pm....im sure league 1 and 2 can sign players on loan for another month yet,then its just emergency loans.

yeah i know loans can go through, we always sign someone 2 weeks afterwards, but the extension they added today was all about the premier league, they never mentioned the football league getting an extension...or i missing something completley.

we will have to wait a week to loan someone now?

no permenant transfers to lower league clubs after 5pm today?

keane could have signed for spurs permanent at 5.05pm due to weather?

Edited by palmer1

yeah i know loans can go through, we always sign someone 2 weeks afterwards, but the extension they added today was all about the premier league, they never mentioned the football league getting an extension...or i missing something completley.

we will have to wait a week to loan someone now?

no permenant transfers to lower league clubs after 5pm today?

i think they said any club that is struggleing to make the deal by 5pm due to the weather,providing they have notified the relevant people,can do a deal after 5pm.

Looks like the other must have fallen through glad we have got Jones back but think we needed a midfielder to be honest.

We certainly don't need just another midfielder we need one thats better than what we have already got "an M&S midfielder" unfortunatley, might be hard to get hold of.

I have never understood why the club make a statement hinting that 2 signings where on the cards, much better to say nowt and if something arrives its a bonus.

Yet another piece of frigging shoddy PR by the club. Not the worst they have ever done, put still annoyed me. It is interesting though, it means someone was 99% there or there abouts....

... and something cocked it up....

We had this debate before, should the club say stuff like this... my oipinion is still the same, if it is a done deal, theres no harm in a bit of a teaser until the news is revealed. If it isnt signed and sealed, then keep your sodding mouth shut.

Bit of a shambles yet again IMO... but I said to S_W earlier on the chat that the club will prob sod it up... and hey presto...

Or perhaps Stuart asked Alan how many signings we were expecting and Alan said "One or two" so Stuart put 2 signings on the page.

Or perhaps the player upped his wage demands at the last minute, or Shez decided that he didn't want player number 2 after all.

Could be that there is no sinister ulterior motives or "cocking up" at all?

Or perhaps Stuart asked Alan how many signings we were expecting and Alan said "One or two" so Stuart put 2 signings on the page.

Or perhaps the player upped his wage demands at the last minute, or Shez decided that he didn't want player number 2 after all.

Could be that there is no sinister ulterior motives or "cocking up" at all?

Its an old debate and one not worth stirring up... but this happened several times last season, hundreads and polls and threads dedicated to it... my opinion is still shut up until you know for sure. Simple as. Create marketing for a couple of hours after you know its certain all you want...

... and I said 'something' cocked it up... which could mean anything you say above... it still meant the club sent a text and posted on thier site something that was factually incorrect, and annoyed a lot of fans who expected more....

Not a biggy... just another in along line of similar stuff... end of story...

although the second loan signing hasn't gone through yet doesn't mean it's dead in the water. cos Clubs in the Football League can sign players on loan outside of the transfer windows, following a seven-day period after the transfer window closes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7858372.stm

Edited by oafc_paul

although the second loan signing hasn't gone through yet doesn't mean it's dead in the water. cos Clubs in the Football League can sign players on loan outside of the transfer windows, following a seven-day period after the transfer window closes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7858372.stm

Isn't there a limit to the length of the loan ie. month to month up to 3 months maximum, or can they be signed for the rest of the season?

upto a maximum of 3 months i believe all deals for season long loan deals had to be completed yesterday

I seem to remmeber from seasons past that you now have to wait a little bit longer, as if you signed someone right away they wouldnt be able to play in the playoffs due to that reason....

Back of a fag packet calculations means that any club with plaoff aspirations need to wait until the end of this month before bringing anyone in, otherwise they will leave before the playoffs...

Dont know whether you can do a short term loan... and then extend by 3 months... who knows..