If only we had 11...

Saw some of the you tube clips of Ernie Cooksey earlier, wish we had 11 of him playing for us tomorrow....

Some of our players need to take a look at themselves...

never a truer word spoken...

i would also make them sit and watch a few videos of the cup runs and the pinch me years,show them how good they can be...and what bp looks like when its full.

Saw some of the you tube clips of Ernie Cooksey earlier, wish we had 11 of him playing for us tomorrow....

Some of our players need to take a look at themselves...

Let's get the Ernie chants going tomorrow loud enough to be heard by the TV audience, and hopefully our players will do it for Ernie.

Yes, I've sent them full details of the Flag and Ernie, and asked them to show it . LCFC have been asked to provide a prominent position for it.

Ernie's family are aware that the Flag may be shown.

Nice one, here's hoping.

I do think our recent difficulties on the field of play have been down to "wanting it" enough.

A great set of players who all have individual ability, have all proved they can play together but ....

just don't quite appreciate that it needs a bit more desire to turn the potential of the team in to success.

I do think our recent difficulties on the field of play have been down to "wanting it" enough.

A great set of players who all have individual ability, have all proved they can play together but ....

just don't quite appreciate that it needs a bit more desire to turn the potential of the team in to success.

Just needed to repeat this in BOLD, agree 100% to many players imo are not wanting it together, as a team fighting for each other.

Too many are back chatting to the manager and arguing between themselves on the pitch and in training.

This team is good enough ! Thats plain to see, I just hope all the individuals in the squad want it has much as the Fans !

Just needed to repeat this in BOLD, agree 100% to many players imo are not wanting it together, as a team fighting for each other.

Too many are back chatting to the manager and arguing between themselves on the pitch and in training.

This team is good enough ! Thats plain to see, I just hope all the individuals in the squad want it has much as the Fans !

I don't want to restart old arguments Rich - but isn't that what a manager does - motivates? I reckon we'll be fine today because it's against the top team and on the TV and they'll motivate themselves. It's the "should win" games where we need a manager who can motivate players.

I don't want to restart old arguments Rich - but isn't that what a manager does - motivates? I reckon we'll be fine today because it's against the top team and on the TV and they'll motivate themselves. It's the "should win" games where we need a manager who can motivate players.

Very true Rick, We beat the Notts Forest, Leeds and the other so called big team but struggle against the "so called" smaller clubs !

The manager does need to motivate but the players need to be motivated themselves like Ernie typically did every game, EC didnt need Dowie getting him going, from what I know it was Harbin who had to calm him down lol

trouble is they should be motivated every game..yes undoubtedly your gonna have a few midweek games in winter when you think,i really need a night off or something...

but the prospect of playing at a higher level in front of bigger crowds and better opposition should be motivation enough.

i just hope we dont have a hereford day again....as i reckon if we do ok most lapsed tics will be watching on sky,a decent display and they may wanna come back again...

but the prospect of playing at a higher level in front of bigger crowds and better opposition should be motivation enough.

It should.

Crossley - unlikely to play next season

Lomax - not suitable to play at a higher level

Gregan - is hi contract at an end in May? Not sure it will be renewed - especially if he isn't driving then.

Liddell - looks like his last season too.

Whitaker - may know he isn't good enough

Golbourne - only been here two weeks and his replacement has been signed!

Taylor - appears to have been genuinely affected by transfer speculation

Hughes - ditto

Windass - doubt he'll be here next season

Eardley, Alessandra, Maher, Smalley, Stam, Lee not getting good runs in the team.

This leaves Fleming, Hazell and Allott who have it all to play for - hopefully to be joined by Hughes and Taylor.

So we've only had 3 players genuinely motivated by promotion on the pitch for the last few games.

Edited by opinions4u

It should.

Crossley - unlikely to play next season

Lomax - not suitable to play at a higher level

Gregan - is hi contract at an end in May? Not sure it will be renewed - especially if he isn't driving then.

Liddell - looks like his last season too.

Whitaker - may know he isn't good enough

Taylor - appears to have been genuinely affected by transfer speculation

Hughes - ditto

Windass - doubt he'll be here next season

Eardley, Alessandra, Maher, Smalley, Stam, Lee not getting good runs in the team.

This leaves Fleming, Hazell and Allott who have it all to play for - hopefully to be joined by Hughes and Taylor.

So we've only had 3 players genuinely motivated by promotion on the pitch for the last few games.

good point,never thought of ot like that

There was some good singing for Ernie today and having just watched the second half again, you could definitely hear it on Sky but maybe you had to know what you were listening for.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there were very few crowd shots and nothing of any of the flags (we had at least 6 up plus one from Hibs).

We showed a real ernie spirit today. Well done lads you made us proud again.

There was some good singing for Ernie today and having just watched the second half again, you could definitely hear it on Sky but maybe you had to know what you were listening for.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there were very few crowd shots and nothing of any of the flags (we had at least 6 up plus one from Hibs).

We showed a real ernie spirit today. Well done lads you made us proud again.

How's about singing for players who are actually out on the pitch for us?

He had his moment on Sky when we beat Port Vale 2-1 and he came on as sub.

About time we all move on. Sing for players we have playing for us at the moment.

Two stonewall nominations there for 'Embarrassing Post of the Year 2009', and we're only in February.

You can't be serious?

About time we all move on. Sing for players we have playing for us at the moment.

I'm not one to dwell on the issue, but I believe the intended purpose was to raise awareness of the cancer he had as opposed to just singing for him. Anyway, thanks for your input.....

Says him with the user name, "Ohh Johnny Eyre".

Oh the irony. :lol: