Team for Saturday

I was trying to think of a team that kept Smalley in the side but didn't involve playing either Liddell or Whittaker on the other wing and was struggling. The 3 - 5 - 2 might work, but we always seem to struggle when we move away from the 442 comfort zone.

I'd love to see Lewis play as an attacking midfielder just behind Hughes and Deano. I've thought for a while that he would suit playing a Scholes-esque role with two to aim for ahead of him especially as, although he is/will be a great player I don't think he is ever going to be a prolific scorer. It would also help solve my biggest frustration with Shez; how the attacking midfielders we have had under him (Killer, Wellens and now Whits) all seem to start at Oldham in that role, before heading deeper and deeper back. Especially at home, we need a real attacking threat from midfield as the forward two seem so isolated at times.

I assume Shez will just go with 442 though, with Lids or Whittaker in for Taylor.

I do. After hearing/reading the interviews with and about Hines, i get the feeling hes going to be started. It`d be a strange move to bring him in and then for him to act as cover and sit on the bench.

yes i agree. The lad is obviously expecting to play. To drop any of the back four after last week would be a grave injustice in my book but I think it just might be Goldbourne and not 'Bloody Hell' Eardley who goes

I do. After hearing/reading the interviews with and about Hines, i get the feeling hes going to be started. It`d be a strange move to bring him in and then for him to act as cover and sit on the bench.

I would suspect that the key to this debate is how Shez compensates for the missing Chris Taylor and how he perceives the value of Whittaker in home games.

The back four that played so well at Leicester must stay together - no doubt about that.

The midfield - Whittaker in for Maher? - a distinct possibility

Will it be a straight replacement for CT? - Liddell or Alessandra? Or will shez look at playing an extra midfielder?

And then there is the goalkeeper... surely Josh Bell cannot play after Shez publicly stated that the youngster is not yet ready?

Whatever the team - we need to win - we need to win well. :huh: