Makes you proud to be English

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

He looks like he's about five...

Bet it isnt his, a couple of other kids have come forward and have said its theirs.

Wonder how that kid'll feel in 15 years time, 'when you were born, your mum didnt know who your daddy was and it was all over the national news.'

Guest sheridans_world
Yawn. Teenage pregnancy (or, indeed, teenage fatherhood) is not an exclusively British phenomenon, much as the papers would love us to believe that's the case.

Teenage pregnancy maybe not, but a 12 year old having sex? Then becoming a father not long after turning 13. That is scary...

I think I remember somewhere (possibly Spain) where 12 is the legal age of consent. Plus that's in the developed world, in the lesser developed world having a kid at 13 (or having sex at 12) is rife (when the average life expectancy is 40 waiting until your 20 to have a kid is pushing it). Some public health people are actually in favour of teenage pregnancy- and I can see their points, as risks for things like Down's syndrome go up with age (admittedly not by a lot until 35 but even so). If the mother is fully developed (so if she's around 18) then that's ideal age as the risks of congential problems is still low and the problems with the mechanics of labour aren't as much of a problem as if she was 14. Last time I checked 18 is still teenage- it gets my goat a bit (as I'm a pedantic so and so) that people go on about teenage pregnancy when what they actually mean is school age pregnancy (i.e. if you aren't old enough to leave education- so under 16).

I'm sure as I type this some 12 year old is having sex somewhere in this country (it is half term after all). However I wouldn't mind betting that the young lad in question struggles with certain aspects of procreation and the baby won't be his (it could even be a scam). Its not a pleasant thought but there are far worse things for a 12 year old boy to do than have 'sex' with his 'girlfriend.' I'm not saying school-age pregnancy is a good thing, but there are far more tragic tales involving those of that age and sex but this one has sold some papers.

Who's the Daddy?

Well done Paddy Power!

Good to see the ethics of the bookmaker at work.

By the way, 15 year old boy does a 12 year old girl and I believe it is statutory rape (sure some legal 'experts' will clarify).

Why not the other way round?

If she's under 16 is it not still statutory rape?

If she's under 16 is it not still statutory rape?

I think it might be, but they apply a bit of common sense to it - ie a 16 year old boy diddles his girlfriend who is 13 in the context of a relationship then it's OK, if a 60 odd year old Glam Rock start etc etc...