FAO OWTB/P

We were perhaps unlucky not to be infront but we in no way dominated. As for people clapping they probably wanted to keep their hands warm.

Just because we were unlucky not to go in leading at half time doesn't mean we weere unlucky to lose. We were absolute garbage second half and probably deserved to lose by a larger margin.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were perhaps unlucky not to be infront but we in no way dominated. As for people clapping they probably wanted to keep their hands warm.

Just because we were unlucky not to go in leading at half time doesn't mean we weere unlucky to lose. We were absolute garbage second half and probably deserved to lose by a larger margin.

Ok, we were 'in control', hence the clapping. The doctor has confirmed it......

My opinon was always, always, that we were very unlucky to not go ahead and that we surely would have gone on to win another game had we done so. Once we didn't a struggle was, to me, inevitable. :( I titled my own thread after the game 'If you don't take your chances you get punished', or something similar. That's football. :)

We were garbage second half, never disputed it. I blame confidence due to nerves and crowd unrest - an issue for Shez to address, but not for him to be sacked (unless you're an impatient hothead).

You need to seriously wake up...Our fanbase is dropping by the month...if we don't make some real progress on the pitch soon we are heading for oblivion.

TTA have sanctioned the money because they want what we want...promotion!! If we stay in this division much longer it will be the 3rd tier we're heading for and no way of ever getting back. The owners have been brilliant and I will say again ' Our budget this season was good enough to get us promoted '

TTA did not buy this club with the aim of staying in this division and privately I reckon they're not happy in the slightest with the progress made on the pitch during Sheridan's reign!!!

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Not oblivion. Thank you for that prod, I'm WACADAY now. What can we do, other than pay players less and set our budget accordingly. But, that'll never work.

TTA have been very good owners, I'm fully with you on this, but throwing what is in the league a small amount of money at the situation (and calling it a fortune), doesn't make promotion likely. The manager has continually met what I would say are requirements in the long run, and to get rid would not be progress for me. Whether they agree with me is of no relevance, but it'll in all reality cost them a fortune with no results if they don't. Their money though.

Finish 6th? Yes, please. And, for the record, this is not what's happened for the last two years. In his first year, yes...we threw away auto, though we did still end up in the playoffs. Last year, we went through a period when we couldn't even field a bench...we were rock bottom after a couple of months of the season and somehow dramatically recovered to finish 8th. It was a bloody impressive effort, yet some people appear to be kidding themselves into believing that we were promotion contenders all season. We briefly threatened to make a surge into the playoffs...but with all the injuries we just didn't have that cutting edge.

Why keep faith in Hughes when he wouldn't in Alessandra? Are you joking? Because Lee Hughes is five times the player Lewi is. Just because he's missing chances, by the way, does not mean he isn't interested. It's hardly as if the ball comes across to him and his reaction is 'f*** this, I can't be arsed any more...too much effort to do the dance, just gonna hit it over the bar'. If he wasn't getting into positions to score, I'd be worried.

he may be five times the player,i am not disputing he is a goalscorer....i was merely pointing out that his goals have dried up,there could be lots of reasons why...i have personally witnessed him missing 3 or 4 guilt edged chances that my gran could of put away and he didnt...

we all know he is off in the summer,wont sign a new contract or make a decision until then,but now no goals so does that mean he has impressed enough to get a deal elshwere and now he doesnt really care....

can he not play with windass as there too alike apart from windass deceptive pace....

im not saying he is deliberately missing chances to score,that would be very unproffessional......but it must be worrying shez so much he has now brought another striker in....so what happens to poor allssandra,dont nowt wrong yet further down the pecking order..

will he finally drop windass or does he have a clause stating he must start games....has he lost it with hughes and the verbals finally and is teaching him a lesson....who knows.

i would love to finish 6th,but there isnt any guarentee of going up through the palyoffs,so if you lose out you may as well finished 7th and missed out by one point.

i would i guess like the majority of people on here and inside bp,like to see us go all out from now until the end of the season and if we miss out on auto then we have had a bloody good try for it,and no-one can be accused of lack of effort or commitment....but we know it wont or is unlikely to happen,when players get dropped for one m,istake or for making 3 goals and putting in mom performances.

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Not oblivion. Thank you for that prod, I'm WACADAY now. What can we do, other than pay players less and set our budget accordingly. But, that'll never work.

TTA have been very good owners, I'm fully with you on this, but throwing what is in the league a small amount of money at the situation (and calling it a fortune), doesn't make promotion likely. The manager has continually met what I would say are requirements in the long run, and to get rid would not be progress for me. Whether they agree with me is of no relevance, but it'll in all reality cost them a fortune with no results if they don't. Their money though.

I didn't call it a fortune...What I said was it was good enough to enable us to get us out of this division!!

Over the three seasons Shez has been in charge not many other clubs in our division will have had much more to spend and I don't care what you say...to be three years down the line and still have to rely on 5 or 6 loanees at the business end of the season is testament to the amount of poor signings that have been made during his tenure.

For God's sake Ronnie Moore has had absolutely nowt to spend and is only a couple of places and a few points behind us...How flamin bad is that!!!

I didn't call it a fortune...What I said was it was good enough to enable us to get us out of this division!!

Over the three seasons Shez has been in charge not many other clubs in our division will have had much more to spend and I don't care what you say...to be three years down the line and still have to rely on 5 or 6 loanees at the business end of the season is testament to the amount of poor signings that have been made during his tenure.

For God's sake Ronnie Moore has had absolutely nowt to spend and is only a couple of places and a few points behind us...How flamin bad is that!!!

the trouble is...yes we have had some poor signings...however i think they may all not have been as bad as made out and just not used correctly,or in there natural role,or simply just not given a long enough run in the team to try to establish themself.

and lets not forget,he hasnt always got it spot on with the loan signings.

the trouble is...yes we have had some poor signings...however i think they may all not have been as bad as made out and just not used correctly,or in there natural role,or simply just not given a long enough run in the team to try to establish themself.

Shez: Hi Seb, How the :censored: ing hell are you mate, welcome to the club. I hear you are highly rated at Centre Back and central midfield..

Hines: Yes I am Shez, thanks for bringing me in...

Shez: Good. I'm going to Play you at right back. I havent got many options there and I want to make you look like a turd to the fans. *tommy wright shouts something in the background* What Tommy? Cant :censored: ing hear you... Neal Who?

Hines: :huh::blink:

Edited by BigfinLatic

Ok, we were 'in control', hence the clapping. The doctor has confirmed it......

My opinon was always, always, that we were very unlucky to not go ahead and that we surely would have gone on to win another game had we done so. Once we didn't a struggle was, to me, inevitable. :( I titled my own thread after the game 'If you don't take your chances you get punished', or something similar. That's football. :)

We were garbage second half, never disputed it. I blame confidence due to nerves and crowd unrest - an issue for Shez to address, but not for him to be sacked (unless you're an impatient hothead).

For crowd unrest doesn't ther have to be a crowd?