• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playoff chances over?

5th in the league and manager out?

Lomax in?

Get a grip.

Bad results and performances happen at any level. They happen regularly at this level. Everyone, calm down...

I'd have to agree with this.

Playoff chances over?

Lomax in?

Get a grip.

Bad results and performances happen at any level. They happen regularly at this level. Everyone, calm down...

5th and dropping fast.

I'm not a pessimist, in fact I'm always looking for the positives, but we're falling fast and our position is weakening to the point where we'll be chasing. We haven't strung two wins together since the 22nd and 25th of November, that itself is alarming. Just 4 wins since then is even more alarming!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Playoff chances over?

Lomax in?

Get a grip.

you should be our next manager, you have balls of steel. :grin:

Playoff chances over?

Lomax in?

Get a grip.

i usually think exactly what you've posted once the melodrama starts on here after a bad performance/result but tonight plumbed new depths.

as someone above said (and not having a pop) - did you go tonight?

Without any arsyness intented, did you go to the game?

No I didn't, and I have kept to my mantra of never commenting on the performance at a game I didn't go to. But trust me, I've seen more than enough of us this season to know where the criticism is fair, and where it isn't. Perhaps it's best that I didn't go...as all those that forked out their cash and spent their time in the cold watching us lose tonight are bitter and have a personal axe to grind. Step back and reassess. As always, the reaction on here when we lose is completely OTT.

Playoff chances over?

Lomax in?

Get a grip.

Mate, with respect, you cannot have gone to the game tonight to come out with that....

Playoff chances over?

Lomax in?

Get a grip.

i admire your positiveness...i really do.....

just wish i could say the same or be the same....but to be honest this has been coming for a good few weeks now,and blind faith and blind faith alone wont get us through this very difficult next period of the season......

i bet tta's are absolutely gutted.

No I didn't, and I have kept to my mantra of never commenting on the performance at a game I didn't go to. But trust me, I've seen more than enough of us this season to know where the criticism is fair, and where it isn't. Perhaps it's best that I didn't go...as all those that forked out their cash and spent their time in the cold watching us lose tonight are bitter and have a personal axe to grind. Step back and reassess. As always, the reaction on here when we lose is completely OTT.

understatement of the year :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5th and dropping fast.

I'm not a pessimist, in fact I'm always looking for the positives, but we're falling fast and our position is weakening to the point where we'll be chasing. We haven't strung two wins together since the 22nd and 25th of November, that itself is alarming. Just 4 wins since then is even more alarming!

Behave we were 4th before tonight, hardly dropping fast, same position as we were on saturday.

Agree about the wins, we need much more, 4 wins between now and the end of the season won't be good enough.

Guest sheridans_world

Seriously, they made our game at their place (when we also lost 2-0) look good and that was GASH.

Tonight was rubbish, very frustrating with balls being kicked out, not coming to anything, never finding a man, going up in the air to windass when he's up against a 6'4" CB. Doesnt work.

We have no plan B.

Mate, with respect, you cannot have gone to the game tonight to come out with that....

And therein lies my point...that those who have been tonight are reacting largely, not solely, to what they've seen and paid for this evening. In calling for a manager's head, and even more bizarrely, writing off our playoff hopes despite being in them and having our fate in our own hands, people aren't looking at the wider picture.

And therein lies my point...that those who have been tonight are reacting largely, not solely, to what they've seen and paid for this evening. In calling for a manager's head, and even more bizarrely, writing off our playoff hopes despite being in them and having our fate in our own hands, people aren't looking at the wider picture.

im sorry but i have to disagree..

its not just tonights performance that people are reacting to....its the reaction to how we have been playing in the last 14 games,only winning 4 of those...

yes our fate is in our own hands,but the clubs outside have all caught up again...lose on saturday and results go against us...then were 8th and out the playoffs....

we have all seen this before over the last few seasons,so please dont patronise people for not..as you put it,looking at the wider picture.....facts are facts,were not in form and playing decent football,take this level of form into a playoff scenario and we get humiliated again.

Your opinion, i just hope that its not one shared with the powers that be...

The wider picture is clear for anyone to see..... people just dont want to see it

Fate is not in our hands, the players are not a team they are a collective of individuals

Well I think you are assuming that people are basing their opinions off one game then...we're not. Let's face, if it hadn't have been for an awesome first five games (some might say a flukey run), we'd be mid-table....

The performances have generally been poor throughout the season, but due to our good start and the odd other decent performance we somehow find ourselves in a play-off spot - probably because the other teams are doing their best to mess up.

Nah. They aren't going over the top. Tonight was crap.

Just going to make a generic reply rather than individually argue...

The thing is you can pick and choose whatever stats you like. Yes, we've only won 4 in 14. On the other hand, we've only lost seven all season - the second best record in the division. We could be 8th at 4.50 on Saturday, but if we win we definately go 4th...and as people don't hesitate to keep pointing out...we're good against the top sides and crap against the rest...well in that case then let's assume we're going to get six points from the next two games, and then we'll be well clear of those below us.

We're not sliding - we've flitted around between 4th and 6th for a while now. It is still in our hands...and even if we are up being propped up as sides below us can't take advantage of slip ups then that means they're no better than us...and maybe they should all sack their managers too.

Just going to make a generic reply rather than individually argue...

The thing is you can pick and choose whatever stats you like. Yes, we've only won 4 in 14. On the other hand, we've only lost seven all season - the second best record in the division. We could be 8th at 4.50 on Saturday, but if we win we definately go 4th...and as people don't hesitate to keep pointing out...we're good against the top sides and crap against the rest...well in that case then let's assume we're going to get six points from the next two games, and then we'll be well clear of those below us.

We're not sliding - we've flitted around between 4th and 6th for a while now. It is still in our hands...and even if we are up being propped up as sides below us can't take advantage of slip ups then that means they're no better than us...and maybe they should all sack their managers too.

My thoughts exactly!

We are as bad/as good as the teams around us, hence why we are still there. I hate this culture of sacking managers after some poor form, according to some on here if they think Sheridan should go now, then Leeds, Stockport, Scunthorpe and possibly Millwall all need to sack their manger too!

I'm highly p****d off with recent performances and some of Sheridans decisions but there is no way he needs to go now, and i'll eat my own testicles if TTA get rid of him before the end of the season. If they make a change in the summer then so be it, but there will be a time when we go through a bad patch and they will be calling for the new guys head as well.

Shez in!

Edited by tony4938