Windass negative effect on hughes...

Guest sheridans_world

I think we should try playing Lewi and Hughes with Windass sat just behind them - in an attacking midfield role. Said it a few times now, think it could work.

I think we should try playing Lewi and Hughes with Windass sat just behind them - in an attacking midfield role. Said it a few times now, think it could work.

Tonight would have been the perfect time to try this, when we were 1 down. Run the risk of losing another goal (like we did anyway) and throw everything at them, make them work, try things. I'm worried there are far too many new faces who haven't gelled yet.

He certainly has had a negative effect on Hughes game.....his confidence seems at an all time low. Don't think the fact that he is no longer the big fry has done any favours what so ever, and the sooner Windass goes and gives Hughes his crown back the better.

Since Windy came Hughes has lost the smile on his face and played cr*p -

Says it all.

play a 3 4 1 2.

in the back hazel , gregan, and goulbourne,

midfield: Jones, Alott, Maher, Taylor

Free role behind front 2 : Smalley

Front 2: Hughes and Alessandra

Hughes has scored a lot of goals this season but he can't live off the memory of those forever. He needs a serious kick up the arse, it's not so much confidence with a player like Hughes I don't think, it's concentration in the 'lesser' games and a lack of motivation for them. Windass is just about holding onto his place because he is playing some good balls it's just nobody is sharp enough or interested enough (Hughes) to get on the end of them. Allessandra and Windass next game, Hughes can earn his place back if he wants it no trouble.

Hughes has scored a lot of goals this season but he can't live off the memory of those forever. He needs a serious kick up the arse, it's not so much confidence with a player like Hughes I don't think, it's concentration in the 'lesser' games and a lack of motivation for them. Windass is just about holding onto his place because he is playing some good balls it's just nobody is sharp enough or interested enough (Hughes) to get on the end of them. Allessandra and Windass next game, Hughes can earn his place back if he wants it no trouble.

Agreed. I don't think windass has the speed anymore to play upfront, but i still think he should be in the squad, perhaps behindthe strikers as suggested.

A bit off subject here so apologies, but my main concern is what if either hughes or windass get injured. hughesy is always carrying some kind of knock or other it seems and shez is loathe to start lewis for whatever reason.deane can play up front but i think we lose some of our balance if that happens. i didnt and still dont understand why shez brought in 3 defenders (hines, golbourne and jones) when what we really need is a an added dimension up front. windass has been poor in the last 2 games, hughes looks like his mind elsewhere but we have no one pushing them. i admit that craig davies wasnt everybodys favourite but at least he would have been decent back up, heck even o grady is better than nowt! i fear that our lack of dynamism up front will cost us.

A bit off subject here so apologies, but my main concern is what if either hughes or windass get injured. hughesy is always carrying some kind of knock or other it seems and shez is loathe to start lewis for whatever reason.deane can play up front but i think we lose some of our balance if that happens. i didnt and still dont understand why shez brought in 3 defenders (hines, golbourne and jones) when what we really need is a an added dimension up front. windass has been poor in the last 2 games, hughes looks like his mind elsewhere but we have no one pushing them. i admit that craig davies wasnt everybodys favourite but at least he would have been decent back up, heck even o grady is better than nowt! i fear that our lack of dynamism up front will cost us.

Right now I don't think it would be a bad thing! It would force Shez to break up a partnership that clearly isn't working.

jones maybe a defender by trade but is better suited to left wing,and has a fair cross on him as well.

maybe worth resting windass against millwall and playing taylor on the right with smalley or lewi up front with hughes...4 games in 8 days,gonna have to mix it somehow.

jones maybe a defender by trade but is better suited to left wing,and has a fair cross on him as well.

maybe worth resting windass against millwall and playing taylor on the right with smalley or lewi up front with hughes...4 games in 8 days,gonna have to mix it somehow.

Shez needs to save his job quickly....... Hughes has been boor dince the back end of december and dont understand this superstar status he has. We all know he can do it, weve seen it!!!!!! You cant blame that on Windass. Both look jaded. But thats not good enough for me..... I wanna see some backbone. I would like to hear all those Gregan doubters that we had. Ir we had more players with the backbone of gregan we would have the play offs sewed up already. I gets me down how bad we can be

All the speculation surrounding him in the transfer window hasn't done him or Taylor any favours but like others have mentioned including my own father, Hughes is half the player he was since Windarse turned up.

Coincidence? I think not

Now I might be imagining this, and if I am doing then apologies in advance.

Has Hughesy put a little weight on?

To me his face looks quite chubby in his recent latics world interview, and in some of the 'action photos' in the programme he looks like he's got a right belly on him.

Could the beer and the curries be taking a toll? Just a thought. :unsure:

Edited by Stitch_KTF

he wears some sort of skin tight shirt underneath which seems to bulk him out a bit, but i know he does like a good curry so this may have led to him adding a few pounds (if he has).

Re Windass - against hartlepool he looked like he could offer something to the team and against stockport too. Since then though, he has looked way off the pace - i'd have him as a sub for the last 30mins but i wouldnt start him, which shez has obviously had to do to get him on loan. He isnt mobile enough to carry out a strikers duties ie chasing down defenders/tracking back. All in all, depite the odd moment of good interplay, deep down i dont think he is worth having.

O'Grady back anyone?....

Now I might be imagining this, and if I am doing then apologies in advance.

Has Hughesy put a little weight on?

To me his face looks quite chubby in his recent latics world interview, and in some of the 'action photos' in the programme he looks like he's got a right belly on him.

Could the beer and the curries be taking a toll? Just a thought. :unsure:

Totally with your thoughts.

I would love Hughes to be a great player for another two seasons, but is he really worth a contract for that period?

I have my doubts that it is a good investment - and yes, I didn't have those doubts when the offer was first made.