Micah Richards Cash

Have we cashed in on him or do we still get a sell on fee?

Chron states:

The transfer fee received from Brighton for Craig Davies and money collected from Manchester City and Preston as part of the deals for Micah Richards and Neal Trotman had made sizeable inroads into the deficit.

Chron states:

The transfer fee received from Brighton for Craig Davies and money collected from Manchester City and Preston as part of the deals for Micah Richards and Neal Trotman had made sizeable inroads into the deficit.

Suspect the money for Richards and Trotman are appearance based payments, and that any sell on clauses are still very much alive.

Chron states:

Still have a sell on clause but have also had money from city based on appearances, international appearances etc

Maybe, but I seem to recall a Corney interview where he stated that "the £500,000 recieved for Neal Trotman helped balance the books this year".

I was referring to Blitz's interview in the last home game of last season, on 26th April 2008

"after getting just over £330k from our cup exploits and receiving the first half of Trotmans money, we lost £380k last year."

We also get money based on the amount of speculation on here as to when he is likely to be sold and how much for.

Lol, in that case we should get money based on the number of "Scholes is going to play for us soon" rumours... :grin:

It's just a shame that Richards wasn't sold when stupid amounts were being banded around.............................was it £18m at one stage?

Then he gets played out of position under Hughes and his value plummets.....................bet the city fans would give their right arms for Sven to return

It's just a shame that Richards wasn't sold when stupid amounts were being banded around.............................was it £18m at one stage?

Then he gets played out of position under Hughes and his value plummets.....................bet the city fans would give their right arms for Sven to return

The reality is that, while good, he is nowhere near as good as everybody was making him out to be. £20 million-plus was an absurd amount to be talking about for a teenager with little top-flight experience.

City fans seem to me to be split on Hughes in a similar way to how Sheridan is viewed on here, but, Aas far as I can see, few would like to see Sven back.

Please could somebody post 'rarely wrong' link?

Diego..... :whip:

Sorry I've been out all afternoon. - better late than never!

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...till-on-–-blitz

I would have thought this good news story would have been given pride of place in its own thread, instead of people wallowing in D & G!

Simon Blitz: “We are healthy financially and are not carrying a lot of long-term debt.”

The decision to hire out car parking space to the Royal Oldham Hospital will also bring in thousands of pounds of additional revenue.

Mr Blitz added that attendances remain disappointing given Athletic are challenging for promotion, but he says the support of the die-hard fans is “incredible.”

“We can moan until we are blue in the face, but the fans who come week in, week out are the ones we appreciate,” he said.

It's nice to know our efforts are appeciated and thanks to TTA for continuing to hang on in there. :applause1::imnotworthy:

Hughes won't be city manager for long, he should have stayed at Blackburn where he had a chance of remaining in a job............................Bitten off more than he can chew? I think so!

And Sven did what no other City manager ever will (and you can get odds on it happening down at the bookies if you want) and that doing the double over United.............................after that he was held in the same light as god on the Blue side of Manchester

We also get money based on the amount of speculation on here as to when he is likely to be sold and how much for.

Lol, in that case we should get money based on the number of "Scholes is going to play for us soon" rumours... :grin:

You're both right! We generate money for Latics with ever hit on the official site... since we've been part of that every little has helped! :D

Hughes won't be city manager for long, he should have stayed at Blackburn where he had a chance of remaining in a job............................Bitten off more than he can chew? I think so!

And Sven did what no other City manager ever will (and you can get odds on it happening down at the bookies if you want) and that doing the double over United.............................after that he was held in the same light as god on the Blue side of Manchester

Not that there's any way of telling for sure-you can only go off personal encounters and internet forums-I'd hazard a guess that the split on Hughes is roughly fifty-fifty. You rarely hear Sven mentioned, other than when somebody puts forward the correct view that he was appointed in a panic, in the midst of a club takeover just at the start of a season, and built a team in a panic, not even having seen some of the players in action, which crumbled after other clubs found the new players out and some of them decided they didn't like British winters.

I think the more far-sighted City fans are able to grasp that their club needs more than doing doubles over their biggest rivals to its name. Certainly the new owners will have greater ambitions to go with their wealth.

Personally, I suspect they'll give Hughes time, no matter what happens this season (barring relegation). In this they are right-it would be ridiculous to expect him to sort out the mess and squad indiscipline left by Sven and previous managerial regimes in less than two seasons. The signings he has already made seem to have more backbone.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I was referring to Blitz's interview in the last home game of last season, on 26th April 2008

"after getting just over £330k from our cup exploits and receiving the first half of Trotmans money, we lost £380k last year."

Fair do's.

My memory is evidently not what it once was :)

You're both right! We generate money for Latics with ever hit on the official site... since we've been part of that every little has helped! :D

Cheers Ackey, forgot about that!

So.... even the Doom & Gloom merchants with their "irrational" posts are generating cash for the club we all love?

So can the Happy Clappers stop cyber-bullying them? :grin:

Looks like I was right about Hughes, even looking for a replacement before sacking him and once the rumours start it's only a matter of time :grin:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/trans..._Klinsmann.html

Right? Hardly, when this is the main thrust of the article: "And City insiders have privately revealed that although a board meeting was held in Abu Dhabi on Thursday, the subject matter rarely strayed beyond a number of internal appointments currently being put together and at no stage was Hughes' position even discussed.

While it would be understandable if owner Sheikh Mansour was disappointed at the way his first season at the helm has gone so far, his whole regime has tended to give the impression of preferring to take time over any major decisions, rather than adopt the knee-jerk approach of Thaksin Shinawatra, the former Thai Prime Minister, jettisoned by the club earlier this month and now being sought for extradition back to his homeland."

Edited by Corporal_Jones