Steve Kabba on loan

Maybe I do..

...but he's the gaffer - and if he read/listened to some of the halfwits on here, he'd have an 8 man squad that consisted of Kelly (gk), Lomax, Warne, Eyres, Rocastle, Cooksey, Allesandra and Trotman.

We cry out for players we have not yet had a look at, yet fail to see what these guys actually do in training. Surely if Stephens was far better than Allott, Alien head and Maher...we'd have seen him now.......in Sheridans eyes he's obviously not!! If they're no better, they don't play - simple!

As for Lee? who knows? the majority think he should have had a bigger part to play - once again though, Sheridan has all of the info at his disposal and therefore all we can do is guess/create rumour and wonder?

i dont understand a couple of your picks? Trotman and Kelly were good players where they not?

Edited by razza699

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you say is exactly right FB, however the flip side is also true - we only see what goes on in matches. I can respect the decisions on Lee and Stephens, as to be honest, i dont know any different as havent really seen them play... however after Ormerod, Byfield (who I personally thought was ok), and Windass - you have to accept there will be some pessimism at the announcement of yet another journeyman striker arriving mon our doorstep - when tbh, some of our best form and results have come when Lewis was in the team. That is nothing to do with trainig, just watching games!

Same for Hines - the last game eards started at full-back was Leicester and he was fantastic

Same for Fabio & Grooverider - Smalley hasnt exactly been a slouch recently

Its just a little puzzling.... however I dont think anyone would have been annoyed if a CM had come in on loan. As discussed, we watch the games, and this is still where the problem is.... and as far as i'm aware, is the ONLY position where we havent had a loanee this season?

I think the team has been crying out for a midfield general for a while now, but the question is who is available? There are not many of these types of players around any more most midfield players available are very similar to what we have already got .

For all the poor displays recently it would not suprise me one bit if we went to Millwall and dicked em 3-1, but we could end up losing as well by the same scoreline if we play like we have been doing.

Maybe I do..

...but he's the gaffer - and if he read/listened to some of the halfwits on here, he'd have an 8 man squad that consisted of Kelly (gk), Lomax, Warne, Eyres, Rocastle, Cooksey, Allesandra and Trotman.

We cry out for players we have not yet had a look at, yet fail to see what these guys actually do in training. Surely if Stephens was far better than Allott, Alien head and Maher...we'd have seen him now.......in Sheridans eyes he's obviously not!! If they're no better, they don't play - simple!

As for Lee? who knows? the majority think he should have had a bigger part to play - once again though, Sheridan has all of the info at his disposal and therefore all we can do is guess/create rumour and wonder?

As much as you see someone in training - you will never know how they will play in a proper game, some of the best players in the world are s@#t trainers.

I honestly cant see why Lee hasn't been given more games to see what he can do. The lad can play the attacking role in CM and no one has staked a major claim to that position.

I can maybe understand Stephens as Shez made it clear when he signed that he was one for the future.

i dont understand a couple of your picks? Trotman and Kelly were good players where they not?

Also I'm not sure Gary Kelly is going to be able to play in goal's with his illness and following surgery. As for the Cooksey selection, anyone want to fill him in?

Its just a little puzzling.... however I dont think anyone would have been annoyed if a CM had come in on loan. As discussed, we watch the games, and this is still where the problem is.... and as far as i'm aware, is the ONLY position where we havent had a loanee this season?

Apparently Fabio can play in that position.

I'll reserve judgement on the signing of Kabba until i see him play in the blue (or Pink) of Latics. But; from past viewings of games on TV & episodes of the championship he IS bloody quick. Scored a few for Shef Utd in his time there too.

As someone said earlier in this thread (sorry can't remember who) if he's fit & motiviated he'll stand a very good chance of doing the bizz in this division - but that's the point; is he fit??

In terms of the other issues raised in this thread - Shez is a bit dammed if he does; dammed if he doesn't. Granted; i like many others have been frustrated at a lot of his decisions this season (and past seasons too!) in terms of tactics / selection & substituations - BUT; i still have faith he can get us to where we want to be - the championship.

The loanees, whilst i'm annoyed they are keeping out the likes of Eardley & Lewis, Shez was critised 2 seaons ago for not adding to our fading squad with extra bodies - he's done that this season & he still gets ripped.

We'll see what happens in the next 13 games i guess - if any of Jonesy / Fabio / Kabba etc start to really make an impact & we go on a good run, then Shez will be vindicated for the 7 loans in & all the personelle changes he's made.

We'll see..................