The Ref!

I thought he started off fairly well but went on to make some baffling decisions. In his defence (not that I regularly defend referees) it doesn't help when you have the likes of Becchio and Taylor making a meal of challenges. It was good to see KK and their keeper get on with challenges on them they could have made more of.

EDIT: also worth pointing out that a couple of the dodgy corners/free kicks were probably down to the linos

Edited by mikebOAFC

I thought he started off fairly well but went on to make some baffling decisions. In his defence (not that I regularly defend referees) it doesn't help when you have the likes of Becchio and Taylor making a meal of challenges. It was good to see KK and their keeper get on with challenges on them they could have made more of.

EDIT: also worth pointing out that a couple of the dodgy corners/free kicks were probably down to the linos

I'm glad someone recongises our own faults along with theirs.

Becchio certainly had the odd dive, but it is something towards we are not faultless.

Yawn.

Do we ever have a game when someone doesn't criticise the ref?

Tough job, never going to please biased supporters, no 'big' decisions wrong.

In fact the fact that Jones hands were above his shoulder when the ball struck his arm near the start of the game means you could argue he didn't give a penalty against us.

Yawn.

Do we ever have a game when someone doesn't criticise the ref?

Tough job, never going to please biased supporters, no 'big' decisions wrong.

In fact the fact that Jones hands were above his shoulder when the ball struck his arm near the start of the game means you could argue he didn't give a penalty against us.

That's the main incident I would hold against the lino..I'd be absolutely raging if that had been a Leeds player and we'd not got a pen..apart from that a few little niggly decisions annoyed me but not as much as a lot of refs recently

The Ref did fine, even at a point when a few heavy challenges were going in, he kept a level head. I've been watching the game with a few Leeds fans and I even think that Becchio was unlucky to be booked for the clash with Gregan.

The Ref did fine, even at a point when a few heavy challenges were going in, he kept a level head. I've been watching the game with a few Leeds fans and I even think that Becchio was unlucky to be booked for the clash with Gregan.

He let them get away with persistent cynical fouling of taylor in the first half though.

Seemed unbias to both teams dealt with situations quite well i thought

WTF???????

Big club mentality prevailed in abundence last night. I remember ONE free kick for us to which we cheered for about 5 minutes afterwards. He and one of his knobhead so called assistants were fooken disgraceful!!!

WTF???????

Big club mentality prevailed in abundence last night. I remember ONE free kick for us to which we cheered for about 5 minutes afterwards. He and one of his knobhead so called assistants were fooken disgraceful!!!

No it didn't at all.

One of the better refs this season.

There is no way during a game of football anyone is going to agree with every decisions the officials make.

They will make mistakes; they will see things from different (better?) angles than supporters; and some actions are not clear cut and can be interpreted in different ways (Q: when does a shoulder charge become a push? A: when its done by the opposition player in most supporters eyes).

Yet rather than accept this fact, or even embrace the fact that contested decisions actually add some spice and atmosphere to a game - we get the weekly 'the ref is crap' thread.

There is no way during a game of football anyone is going to agree with every decisions the officials make.

They will make mistakes; they will see things from different (better?) angles than supporters; and some actions are not clear cut and can be interpreted in different ways (Q: when does a shoulder charge become a push? A: when its done by the opposition player in most supporters eyes).

Yet rather than accept this fact, or even embrace the fact that contested decisions actually add some spice and atmosphere to a game - we get the weekly 'the ref is crap' thread.

This is the reason i decided to become a referee!

Nothing wrong with the Ref at all, thought he did well. There is no pleasing some people when it comes to officials, maybe they should try it themselves and see how hard it can be.

maybe some of us have.

I'm glad a 'big decision' didn't have to be made - ten to a penny he'd have given it Leeds way.

Constant niggling fouls went unpunished, particularly early on. Johnson committed 3 fouls in front of us, before he even spoke to him - then a further 2 that went without so much of a word. His first on Smalley was a straight booking, yet he wasn't even whispered to. As for Hazells booking?!?!? Perhaps they should put pockets in shorts nowadays, so you can keep your hands in them - because if a greasy haired fanny of a foreigner runs into it, throws himself one way, then the other - you are going to get booked.

Apart from that he was spot on.........

Edited by futchers briefs

He wasn't too bad, though there was definitely some Big Club Effect going on, I was in the Chaddy so couldn't see too clearly, but what was that foul for when Taylor hit the bar?!

Few odd 50/50s, but that was about as good a performance as you'll see this year.

Though that number 10 (can't remember his name now!) of theirs could and should have had about 4 yellows for diving... he literally threw himself into a defender at one point, and got a free-kick...