Standing at football

Morecambe have introduced safe standing areas in their new ground. If they can do it, why can't we, where the lookers used to be? I'd love to be able to stand again.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Morecambe-to-in...new-stadium.php

Ah, I made a post about this a while back. Health and Safety non-sense. Let me fetch the link..

The prohibtion on standing only relates to the top two tiers of English football.

There are plenty of standing areas at our level and in the fourth tier. Burton Albion's new stadium has standing on three sides and it will be acceptable if the Club gets into the Football League.

Latics could introduce standing on the old Lookers IF it could be done in compliance with Safety Certificate requirements. Obviously, if promoted, standing would be prohibited.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Guest sheridans_world

Ow don, didnt we figure out last time this came up that if a stadium was deemed all seater then it couldnt go back to standing?? At least not without a change to legislation?

The prohibtion on standing only relates to the top two tiers of English football.

There are plenty of standing areas at our level and in the fourth tier. Burton Albion's new stadium has standing on three sides and it will be acceptable if the Club gets into the Football League.

Latics could introduce standing on the old Lookers IF it could be done in compliance with Safety Certificate requirements. Obviously, if promoted, standing would be prohibited.

Latics wont bring standing back -

Why move fans paying £20 to sit into standing areas for £12 - £ 15 ????

More than ever there would have to be a very good financial case for it at Latics.

1. As has been pointed out, moving someone who already attends to a cheaper ticket doesn't make sense.

2. turnstiles, barriers, turnstile operators, stewards, certification are costs.

3. Is it likely to attract significant numbers of new customers?

4. Is it worth doing for an open terrace when on a foul day its use would lessen?

5. Is it worth doing now, bearing in mind we couldn't operate it if we go up?

I loved standing, but don't see it as a priority issue.

Edited by LaticsPete

More than ever there would have to be a very good financial case for it at Latics.

1. As has been pointed out, moving someone who already attends to a cheaper ticket doesn't make sense.

2. turnstiles, barriers, turnstile operators, stewards, certification are costs.

3. Is it likely to attract significant numbers of new customers?

4. Is it worth doing for an open terrace when on a foul day its use would lessen?

5. Is it worth doing now, bearing in mind we couldn't operate it if we go up?

I loved standing, but don't see it as a priority issue.

I don't think it's a viable option right now. If we were to get promoted and rules changed it would be worth looking into when the development of the Chaddy End starts, for now though it would be a bad financial decision. Standing on a side stand isn't particulalry attractive anyway i wouldn't think, if we're gonna do it , it has to be the Chaddy that goes back to terraces, not the new Lookers. Hopefully, as others have said, this will be a catalyst for change in the top two divisions. The only way it's a viable option for us financially though is if we get promoted and gates significantly increase.