Dean Windass (again)

Well Dean Windass has moved quickley (for him anyway) to dispell the rumours that he had anything to do with "BellvueGate".

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_5032483,00.html

I'm sorry to say Mr.Windass but whether or not you was there, your actions over the past couple of weeks have contributed to the actions taken by some players last week. Your comment to the ITV blog undermineded the managers authority and has no doubt helped to widen the split within the dressing room. Dean Windass, you are guilty by association. Now please piss off back to Hull.

Edit: Why has the board not banned Windass from doing these blogs/interview/media work for a few weeks at the very least. Especially in light of all the recent off field event?

Edited by millsy82

Well Dean Windass has moved quickley (for him anyway) to dispell the rumours that he had anything to do with "BellvueGate".

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_5032483,00.html

I'm sorry to say Mr.Windass but whether or not you was there, your actions over the past couple of weeks have contributed to the actions taken by some players last week. Your comment to the ITV blog undermineded the managers authority and has no doubt helped to widen the split within the dressing room. Dean Windass, you are guilty by association. Now please piss off back to Hull.

so its his fault that some players where fighting (allegedly) at an event he did not attend.

i appeciate you may night like him due to his blog

but to blame him in anyway for players drinking and fighting is a little silly

so its his fault that some players where fighting (allegedly) at an event he did not attend.

i appeciate you may night like him due to his blog

but to blame him in anyway for players drinking and fighting is a little silly

I'm not saying its Dean Windass' fault entirley. But can you really honestly say that his comments would not have any disruptive influence in the dressing room that would have contributed to last weeks events? At the end of the day, the entire squad is to blame one way or another. They are all adults and are all capable of stepping in and doing the right thing. Windass might be less guilty then Gregan but is a hell of a lot more guilty then Eardley/Lomax/Jones/Fleming etc who's name you never hear. His comments showed a disrespect to the football club and the manager. Now Hughes (if reports are true) goes and puts his own manager in a headlock!

There are a lot of people to blame and like I said some more than others. Can the TTA really say it wasn't their idea to have this night with the fans (please read: publicity stunt), because it was. Something that was out of Sheridens hands. Should Sheriden have told his players no drinking on the night, hell yeah. Should the players have thought, we are pro footballers with an important game coming up at the weekend so I'll just have a couple at the most and be on my best behaviour. Should Dean Windass have undermimend the managers authority. No he shouldn't have. Should Sheriden have demanded he be sent back to Hull. Yes he should. The last few weeks have been building up to something like this and it has not come as a suprise to me. Lets home that our players take this nasty attitude, come together and unleash every last drop of it on MK Dons with a big F.O. to the national press. The phrase, don't kick a man whilst he's down, springs to mind.

I'm not saying its Dean Windass' fault entirley. But can you really honestly say that his comments would not have any disruptive influence in the dressing room that would have contributed to last weeks events? At the end of the day, the entire squad is to blame one way or another. They are all adults and are all capable of stepping in and doing the right thing. Windass might be less guilty then Gregan but is a hell of a lot more guilty then Eardley/Lomax/Jones/Fleming etc who's name you never hear. His comments showed a disrespect to the football club and the manager. Now Hughes (if reports are true) goes and puts his own manager in a headlock!

There are a lot of people to blame and like I said some more than others. Can the TTA really say it wasn't their idea to have this night with the fans (please read: publicity stunt), because it was. Something that was out of Sheridens hands. Should Sheriden have told his players no drinking on the night, hell yeah. Should the players have thought, we are pro footballers with an important game coming up at the weekend so I'll just have a couple at the most and be on my best behaviour. Should Dean Windass have undermimend the managers authority. No he shouldn't have. Should Sheriden have demanded he be sent back to Hull. Yes he should. The last few weeks have been building up to something like this and it has not come as a suprise to me. Lets home that our players take this nasty attitude, come together and unleash every last drop of it on MK Dons with a big F.O. to the national press. The phrase, don't kick a man whilst he's down, springs to mind.

I read your first 2 lines and stopped, biggest load of bo**x i have seen in ages, an theres loads on here...I can see it now, Gregan to Hughes " Hey Hughesy did you see what Windy put in his Blog" Hughes replies " i know skipper it makes you want to get pissed and have a fight"

I read your first 2 lines and stopped, biggest load of bo**x i have seen in ages, an theres loads on here...I can see it now, Gregan to Hughes " Hey Hughesy did you see what Windy put in his Blog" Hughes replies " i know skipper it makes you want to get pissed and have a fight"

Well if you can't be arsed to read the whole thing then your comments are worth taking into any serious consideration.

Maybe it went like this:

Chris Taylor: Did you see what that Fat Yorkshire lad said about Oldham (the club who he loves and supports)

Sean Gregan: Yeah, what of it? (Dean Windass's mate)

Chris Taylor: What do you mean what of it? Aren't you suppose to be our captain. Why don't you try sticking up for the club instead of your mates

Sean Gregan: Why don't you shut your mouth.

Chris Taylor: Make me

Seasn Gregan: Ok (slap)

Now then I'm not saying that is what happend, but can you see how Dean Windass' comment could quite easily have affected opinions and divided the dressing room? There is no smoke without fire and I believe Dean helped fan those flames. Just like I believe TTA also showed weakness by not sending him back and Shez showed weakness by putting him in the squad. As I said previously (if you could have been bothered to read it) there are lots of people who are to blame for the events that have happend. Dean is just one of them. All my original post was about is why can't he keep his mouth shut. J@ck if you seriously think that Windass has had no indirect impact on the squad/managment then you must be as stupid as he is.

Here is an equation for anybody who has trouble seeing my points

Dean Windass comments + TTA decison to hold a night out mid season + Shez decsion to allow the players to drink and give them time off training = Trouble amongst players/staff

Trouble amongst players/staff x Not getting sorted last week = Getting beat by Colchester

Getting beat by Colchester + Leak of incident to national press = possible sackings and the end of our season.

But its alright because Dean Windass didn't do anything and he won't be here for the fallout next season when half the squad leaves and TTA can't be bothered investing anymore money and we end up as relegation fodder.

Dean Windass comments + TTA decison to hold a night out mid season + Shez decsion to allow the players to drink and give them time off training = Trouble amongst players/staff

Trouble amongst players/staff x Not getting sorted last week = Getting beat by Colchester

Getting beat by Colchester + Leak of incident to national press = possible sackings and the end of our season.

But its alright because Dean Windass didn't do anything and he won't be here for the fallout next season when half the squad leaves and TTA can't be bothered investing anymore money and we end up as relegation fodder.

Gosh you're a Faeces stirrer.

Chris Taylor: Did you see what that Fat Yorkshire lad said about Oldham (the club who he loves and supports)

Sean Gregan: Yeah, what of it? (Dean Windass's mate)

Chris Taylor: What do you mean what of it? Aren't you suppose to be our captain. Why don't you try sticking up for the club instead of your mates

Sean Gregan: Why don't you shut your mouth.

Chris Taylor: Make me

Seasn Gregan: Ok (slap)

I'd like to see this turned into a screenplay. It's dynamite!

Here is an equation for anybody who has trouble seeing my points 2 +2 =5

Getting beat by Colchester + Leak of incident to national press Are you for real mate? A leak....it was more like floodgates open= possible sackings and the end of our season.

Overall, just make it up as you go along. I bet you believe in UFO's and the bogey man.....

So, as Millsy82 QC, your case for the defence should G*****n (or any other player) be hauled before the courts for his actions at the Dogs Night would be

"It was alll the fault of Dean Windass your Honour; He made some very disappointing, nay even hurtful and damaging, comments in the press. The reaction of the players in trying to knock seven bells out of each other was clearly a foreseeable consequence of Mr Windass's comments and therefore it is he who should bear responsibility for these events rather than my client. Thank you for your time Justice Fingers; the defence rests".

Gosh you're a Faeces stirrer.

Yes that right I am. Obviously I went to the same faeces stirring school as Dean Windass.

Millsy get back to your homework.

Footballers might be thick, but they're not 7 year old schoolkids.

Seeing the actions of some of our the 'professional' footballers at our club they are doing their best to dispel that theory. As for getting back to my homework, I think you should maybe take some of your own advice. Racking up an impressive 2500+ posts does seem to suggest you haven't been doing yours lately. Infact since I have spent most of my recent time in either Iraq or Afghanistan I'd encourage you to join the Territorial Army as you seem to have to much spare time on your hands. Either that or maybe enlist when you reach the age of consent.

Overall, just make it up as you go along. I bet you believe in UFO's and the bogey man.....

Yes I made up what Dean Windass said. Seriously, tell me (with a vailid explanation) why you don't think Dean Windass has undermimed the manager, fellow teamates or even the TTA? He has (that is fact) and IMO it has had a knock on effect. My original point to all of this was that with all the unrest and given his past behaviour why can't he keep his mouth shut.

So, as Millsy82 QC, your case for the defence should G*****n (or any other player) be hauled before the courts for his actions at the Dogs Night would be

"It was alll the fault of Dean Windass your Honour; He made some very disappointing, nay even hurtful and damaging, comments in the press. The reaction of the players in trying to knock seven bells out of each other was clearly a foreseeable consequence of Mr Windass's comments and therefore it is he who should bear responsibility for these events rather than my client. Thank you for your time Justice Fingers; the defence rests".

What in the hell are you on about? Who's going to court? Since when did I ever say I was QC? Now who making stuff up!

Maybe.......if......I..........write.......like........this.......you.......will

.........understand...........what..........I'm..........saying..........Dean......Windass's.........comment............have..........had............an.............eff

ect...........on.............our............club............The.........players..

........involved............during..........the.............night...........at...

......the..........dogs...........only...........have...........themselves.......

......to..........blame...........for...........their...........actions..........

..and............any............punishment.............that..........is..........

..given..........to............them.............they..........are..............af

terall...........supposedly.....................adults..........But..............

do...........not.............be............so............blinkered.........into..

............thinking.............that..............Dean...........Windass's................comments.............have............not.......played......

......some...........part..........in.........what...........went...........on...

.......last..........week

Hopefully you read that slowly enough for it to sink into your brain. The worst of what he did was undermining the manager, thus making Sheridens job of controlling his players even harder than it already was (which by all accounts was already very hard). What do you think Lewis Allesandra though of Shez when Dean wrote his blog.

"I told the manager to put one of the kids on the bench so they could get some apperance money"

So does Lewis now think Shez has picked him for the squad on merit or because Dean Windass told him to? That is just one example of a blog that took any shread of authority the manager might have had with the players and tore it to pieces. Yet Sheriden was soft enough to have him in his matchday squad the following weekend.

Yes that right I am. Obviously I went to the same faeces stirring school as Dean Windass.

Seeing the actions of some of our the 'professional' footballers at our club they are doing their best to dispel that theory. As for getting back to my homework, I think you should maybe take some of your own advice. Racking up an impressive 2500+ posts does seem to suggest you haven't been doing yours lately. Infact since I have spent most of my recent time in either Iraq or Afghanistan I'd encourage you to join the Territorial Army as you seem to have to much spare time on your hands. Either that or maybe enlist when you reach the age of consent.

Yes I made up what Dean Windass said. Seriously, tell me (with a vailid explanation) why you don't think Dean Windass has undermimed the manager, fellow teamates or even the TTA? He has (that is fact) and IMO it has had a knock on effect. My original point to all of this was that with all the unrest and given his past behaviour why can't he keep his mouth shut.

What in the hell are you on about? Who's going to court? Since when did I ever say I was QC? Now who making stuff up!

Maybe.......if......I..........write.......like........this.......you.......will

.........understand...........what..........I'm..........saying..........Dean......Windass's.........comment............have..........had............an.............eff

ect...........on.............our............club............The.........players.

........involved............during..........the.............night...........at..

......the..........dogs...........only...........have...........themselves......

......to..........blame...........for...........their...........actions.........

..and............any............punishment.............that..........is.........

..given..........to............them.............they..........are..............a

f

terall...........supposedly.....................adults..........But.............

do...........not.............be............so............blinkered.........into.

............thinking.............that..............Dean...........Windass's................comments.............have............not.......played......

......some...........part..........in.........what...........went...........on..

.......last..........week

Hopefully you read that slowly enough for it to sink into your brain. The worst of what he did was undermining the manager, thus making Sheridens job of controlling his players even harder than it already was (which by all accounts was already very hard). What do you think Lewis Allesandra though of Shez when Dean wrote his blog.

"I told the manager to put one of the kids on the bench so they could get some apperance money"

So does Lewis now think Shez has picked him for the squad on merit or because Dean Windass told him to? That is just one example of a blog that took any shread of authority the manager might have had with the players and tore it to pieces. Yet Sheriden was soft enough to have him in his matchday squad the following weekend.

sheridan hasnt been able to control his players since 10 games into the season....not because dean windass spat his dummy out over not playing 90 mins against leeds....

there has in one way or another been a drinking culture involved with this club as long as sheridan has been in charge.....something which was quickly noticed when dowie left and he and eyres took over for a short time....instead of players training 5 days a week like dowie did they went back to a day off and only train mornings...

lewis allessandra or any other young player are on the bench as cover for games due to past and present ability on the pitch...not because dean windass said give the kids some pocket money...

the one constant in your case is dean windass.....no way can mr windass be held accountable for the actions and events on the dogs night out....he wasnt even there....and if you bothered to read things properly you will or should have already known that windass apologised to shez more or less immediately for said comments...

at the end of the day you dont like windass....thats your opinion...but dont try and make out he is something he isnt,as other people have there own formed opinions of him as well....

sheridan hasnt been able to control his players since 10 games into the season....not because dean windass spat his dummy out over not playing 90 mins against leeds....

there has in one way or another been a drinking culture involved with this club as long as sheridan has been in charge.....something which was quickly noticed when dowie left and he and eyres took over for a short time....instead of players training 5 days a week like dowie did they went back to a day off and only train mornings...

lewis allessandra or any other young player are on the bench as cover for games due to past and present ability on the pitch...not because dean windass said give the kids some pocket money...

the one constant in your case is dean windass.....no way can mr windass be held accountable for the actions and events on the dogs night out....he wasnt even there....and if you bothered to read things properly you will or should have already known that windass apologised to shez more or less immediately for said comments...

at the end of the day you dont like windass....thats your opinion...but dont try and make out he is something he isnt,as other people have there own formed opinions of him as well....

OMG!

How hard is!

I AM NOT BLAMING DEAN WINDASS FOR THE ACTIONS OF THOSE TAKEN AT THE NIGHT AT THE DOGS! I KNOW HE WAS NOT THERE AND PLAYED NO PART IN THE ACTUAL TROUBLE THAT NIGHT

If you had bothered to read anything that I have written then you would see that not once have I laid the sole blame on Dean Windass, all I have simply said is that he has contributed to the recent troubles. What I am saying is his comments have had an effect on the squad/team. The very least being that they made an already bad situation (as you have stated) worse.

Look the three amigos weren't there, but they to should hold their hands up to some of the blame. How can you justify holding a publicity stunt (which is what the night at the dogs amounted to) during the run-in of a promotion chasing season. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been Sheriden's idea. Sheriden is also very culprable. I ain't saying he is an angel in all this. Why the hell did he not tell his players they can't have a drink. It was a public event with fans of the club ahead of an important match. Sheriden is to blame for allowing them to drink. TTA are to blame for the event taking place. The players are to blame for not being able to handle their drink and emotions (a common cause of drunkness). Dean Windass undermimed the manager infront of the whole of the country. Regardless of whether he apologiesed to Sheriden the next day or not, the damage had been done. Did he apologise to the Squad? Also if I remember correctly (and I may be wrong) but I seem to think Windass said he had spoken to Sheriden and had explained his view properly and Sheriden had explained his reason for leaving him out. Nothing was said about apologising that I can remember.

Millsy, maybe you could clue me up on who's mates with who? I feel like the only poster who doesn't know... :grin:

I'd like to tell you but honestly I can't be bothered. If you subscribe to Latics World, when we sign a player they do an interview with any new signings. Upon Dean Windass' arrival he was asked if he knew anybody at the club. He told the Latics World that he was good mates with both Crossley and Gregan. I think it costs something like £3.99 a month if your intrested. http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Exten...ml?WT.mc_id=nav

Edit: maybe I'll let you in on one friendship at the club. Ste Kabba is mates with Ruben Hazell. That's two you've had for free.

Edited by millsy82

OMG!

How hard is!

I AM NOT BLAMING DEAN WINDASS FOR THE ACTIONS OF THOSE TAKEN AT THE NIGHT AT THE DOGS! I KNOW HE WAS NOT THERE AND PLAYED NO PART IN THE ACTUAL TROUBLE THAT NIGHT

If you had bothered to read anything that I have written then you would see that not once have I laid the sole blame on Dean Windass, all I have simply said is that he has contributed to the recent troubles. What I am saying is his comments have had an effect on the squad/team. The very least being that they made an already bad situation (as you have stated) worse.

Look the three amigos weren't there, but they to should hold their hands up to some of the blame. How can you justify holding a publicity stunt (which is what the night at the dogs amounted to) during the run-in of a promotion chasing season. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been Sheriden's idea. Sheriden is also very culprable. I ain't saying he is an angel in all this. Why the hell did he not tell his players they can't have a drink. It was a public event with fans of the club ahead of an important match. Sheriden is to blame for allowing them to drink. TTA are to blame for the event taking place. The players are to blame for not being able to handle their drink and emotions (a common cause of drunkness). Dean Windass undermimed the manager infront of the whole of the country. Regardless of whether he apologiesed to Sheriden the next day or not, the damage had been done. Did he apologise to the Squad? Also if I remember correctly (and I may be wrong) but I seem to think Windass said he had spoken to Sheriden and had explained his view properly and Sheriden had explained his reason for leaving him out. Nothing was said about apologising that I can remember.

so is contributing to the situation with his comments not blaming him then???

you seem to be of the impression that if mr windass hadnt said the words he did there wouldnt of been a fight in the first place???

so by process of ellimination he did say the words the fight did take place and you are squarely laying the blame at his door.

there is nothing wrong whatsoever with the club promoting a meet and greet with the fans at belle vue dog track at this stage in a season,as has been said the only problem with it was the players drinking....the tta's and the manager should have said no drinking at all... that would have solved a lot of problems..but they didnt

the night at the dogs was tuesday night,the players normal day off is wednesday....so maybe the thinking was,well if there off wednesday it cant do any harm having a drink tuesday night as were not training till thursday.

what they hadnt bargained for is most of the players meeting up in the afternoon and getting :censored:faced before they even went to the dogs.....something could of happened during this time that nobody knows about and which indirectly lead to the alledged incidents.

i havent got a problem with them going to the dogs...i do have a problem with them having 2 days off at this stage of the season,then putting in a performance like they did on the saturday.

I'd like to tell you but honestly I can't be bothered. If you subscribe to Latics World, when we sign a player they do an interview with any new signings. Upon Dean Windass' arrival he was asked if he knew anybody at the club. He told the Latics World that he was good mates with both Crossley and Gregan. I think it costs something like £3.99 a month if your intrested. http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Exten...ml?WT.mc_id=nav

Edit: maybe I'll let you in on one friendship at the club. Ste Kabba is mates with Ruben Hazell. That's two you've had for free.

I have Latics World I just dont tend to bother with the interviews. Anyway thanks for telling me despite you honestly not wanting to be bothered. I can now see how you conclude that Gregan probably slapped Taylor out of alliegance to Windass. :unsure:

Now if only somebody could tell me who Shez's mates are.... :mmm:

so is contributing to the situation with his comments not blaming him then???

you seem to be of the impression that if mr windass hadnt said the words he did there wouldnt of been a fight in the first place???

so by process of ellimination he did say the words the fight did take place and you are squarely laying the blame at his door.

there is nothing wrong whatsoever with the club promoting a meet and greet with the fans at belle vue dog track at this stage in a season,as has been said the only problem with it was the players drinking....the tta's and the manager should have said no drinking at all... that would have solved a lot of problems..but they didnt

the night at the dogs was tuesday night,the players normal day off is wednesday....so maybe the thinking was,well if there off wednesday it cant do any harm having a drink tuesday night as were not training till thursday.

what they hadnt bargained for is most of the players meeting up in the afternoon and getting :censored:faced before they even went to the dogs.....something could of happened during this time that nobody knows about and which indirectly lead to the alledged incidents.

i havent got a problem with them going to the dogs...i do have a problem with them having 2 days off at this stage of the season,then putting in a performance like they did on the saturday.

I'm not squarely laying the blame at his door. All I'm saying is that he contributed to the current mess that Oldham Athletic now currently find themselves in as did many others. Dean Windass played a small role, but played a role nonetheless. Since his name was banded around even though he wasn't there suggests that maybe some of the issues between players/manager were because of him (there's no smoke without fire). Remember he made the comments the same day as the night at the dogs, hence no doubt, his reason for not being there. The day after the Leeds game after he had been put on the bench and only brought on after 89 mins and then run down the tunnel in a big sulk then running his mouth on the internet. It would have been the topic of conversation and no doubt would have led to disagreements amongst the players. Add beer and past tensions to the situation and it is no wonder it blew up out of all proportion.

I agree whole heartedly that the players shouldn't have been drinking or at the very least been kept on a tight leash, although should men in their 30's have there hands held, unlike the youngsters (who you would expect the trouble to come from) who came behaved themselves on the night in question. Sheriden is to blame for allowing the players to drink, even if it was before the night itself (Fergie once went round to a party at being held by Giggs and Sharpe and put a stop to it straight away). Not the TTA. However, rumours of there being a free bar for the players and staff (who would pick up the tab for that) are quite distrubing and if true then that sureley is the fault of the TTA?

There are many, many seperate issues that certain individuals have to take responsibility for.

I have Latics World I just dont tend to bother with the interviews. Anyway thanks for telling me despite you honestly not wanting to be bothered. I can now see how you conclude that Gregan probably slapped Taylor out of alliegance to Windass. :unsure:

Now if only somebody could tell me who Shez's mates are.... :mmm:

Clearly not many members of www.owtb.co.uk but that isn't surprising since he can't seem to get a grip of his own players.