Luton - Islamists - Anglian Regiment - Free Speech

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7935679.stm

Good old Britain, come here, abuse us, get saved by our presumably evil police and then sent on your merry way after ruining a lot of people's day. I wish we'd stop bending over and take a leaf from some of our continental chums - I cant imagine Le Flic's letting that one pass.

Hell in a handcart!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7935679.stm

Good old Britain, come here, abuse us, get saved by our presumably evil police and then sent on your merry way after ruining a lot of people's day. I wish we'd stop bending over and take a leaf from some of our continental chums - I cant imagine Le Flic's letting that one pass.

Hell in a handcart!

pity they did not still have their guns with them( army lads that is )they could have done with some live target practise

Edited by boboafc

I've attended anti-war protests... does that mean I'm not welcome here?

Yes you're wlecome and feel free to exercise your democratic right to attend anti-war protests. In this instance the protests were aimed at the lads putting their lives on the line. If people have a gripe then aim it at the Government who send these boys to war, not the lads that protect your freedom thus enabling you to protest.

If you were holding a placard saying our boys should go to Hell then yeah, you're not welcome.

Well I accept that... but then I dont believe in hell, so that's not likely.

The point remains that, despite putting it across in an offensive manner, they have a right to protest the war just as I do and you do.

If we stop the right to publically object to things we oppose we have nothing.

Yes you're wlecome and feel free to exercise your democratic right to attend anti-war protests. In this instance the protests were aimed at the lads putting their lives on the line. If people have a gripe then aim it at the Government who send these boys to war, not the lads that protect your freedom thus enabling you to protest.

well said

That's a very fair point.

I think you've got it spot on there Joe. Like Ackey I've been on anti war protests but these morons have picked a completely inappropriate time and place, in fact they've probably harmed the cause they claim to be protesting. If you've got a problem then you go to the decision makers, not the lads who are brave enough to put themselves on the line for their country. I should also add I don't think jibes about England(istan) and using the protesters for target practice help much either

I read that point after I'd made mine. And I'm willing to admit that Joe's made an excellent point too.

The reason I objected to the thread was the implied racism... the "Good old Britain, come here, abuse us, get saved by our presumably evil police...I wish we'd stop bending over and take a leaf from some of our continental chums..." and "Only in England(istan)........."

Do they really need to be identified by their religion or race? If this were a collection of whites would it be considered less offensive to be protesting?

[EDIT]

:lol:

I'm too slow tonight - Mike's just made my point before me... twice in one thread!

The reason I objected to the thread was the implied racism... the "Good old Britain, come here, abuse us, get saved by our presumably evil police...I wish we'd stop bending over and take a leaf from some of our continental chums..." and "Only in England(istan)........."

how can you disagree with any of that???

Guest Scratch2000uk
Do they really need to be identified by their religion or race? If this were a collection of whites would it be considered less offensive to be protesting?

Don't think it would have been allowed my friend. :blush:

how can you disagree with any of that???

You think "Only in England(istan)" is a valid point? There's plenty of reasons to get upset with this demonstration but I'm not sure spouting racist bollox is the way to vent that frustration

i think to dismiss it as "racist nonsense" is racist nonsense.

meh.

I think I can disagree with it because I have an open mind to the posibilities of the human race. The fact that one has a religion, culture or pigmentation which is not the same as the one I have does not diminish the value that person has within society.

These people have acted in a way which you find offensive and I have no objection to you feeling offended. However for their race to be a guiding factor within that offense is short sighted and rather pathetic really.

OK, if you think that is a valid point would you care to expand on it, so that maybe we can understand how it's a valid point?

i didn't make it, but.....

his point was that this would only be allowed to happen in England or "England(istan)" as he called it.

in my experience that's a valid point.

if you know otherwise feel free to educate us.......................