Just got back

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

What a good match.... and that was just the first half.

I actually went to a football match and saw football tonight. Rochdale would flatten us at the moment. Their passing is on the ground, quick and accurate. No messing around with two or three touches, the number of times that LeFondre was in behind the defense was amazing.

Gotta say, LeFondre, Thorpe and Buckley all played very well. Buckley in particular catches the eye as a very quick left-winger. That guy has some speed.

Bradford were an awful side, kicking lumps out of the Rochdale players and I'm suprised that no-one got sent off. The ref was a little mini-hitlerish but could have been worse.

Anyway, the football I saw tonight is nothing like the football I've seen at Boundary Park for a long time.

Also sat next to Duxbury for the start of the second half, he mentioned that the players have been 'told' today about the poor form against lower opposition, when I asked him whether its a motivational issue he said "Once they cross the white line, its up to them, we're giving them all the information they need to beat who-ever we're playing"

He didnt say who he was there watching, just "watching the match" but I seriously hope he was looking at Buckley.

I actually went to a football match and saw football tonight. Rochdale would flatten us at the moment. Their passing is on the ground, quick and accurate. No messing around with two or three touches, the number of times that LeFondre was in behind the defense was amazing.

Gotta say, LeFondre, Thorpe and Buckley all played very well. Buckley in particular catches the eye as a very quick left-winger. That guy has some speed.

Bradford were an awful side, kicking lumps out of the Rochdale players and I'm suprised that no-one got sent off. The ref was a little mini-hitlerish but could have been worse.

Anyway, the football I saw tonight is nothing like the football I've seen at Boundary Park for a long time.

Also sat next to Duxbury for the start of the second half, he mentioned that the players have been 'told' today about the poor form against lower opposition, when I asked him whether its a motivational issue he said "Once they cross the white line, its up to them, we're giving them all the information they need to beat who-ever we're playing"

He didnt say who he was there watching, just "watching the match" but I seriously hope he was looking at Buckley.

As much as I'd love that to be true he's being scouted by Championship and Premiership teams too. We wouldn't get a sniff.

he probably just wanted to go out for the evening and watch a game with no hassle....

so they have only just been told about form against lower opposition.....when its been happening every other week????

he probably just wanted to go out for the evening and watch a game with no hassle....

so they have only just been told about form against lower opposition.....when its been happening every other week????

I can't believe they have to be told at all!

And as quoted by my t'other day...

Keith Hill has always impressed me. Turned Dale into perrenial also-rans to promotion contenders and maintained one of the lowest budgets in the division. Sounds like he knows what he's doing whenever I've heard him on GMR and comes across really well. He doesn't have promotions on his records, but I reckon sooner or later Dale will make it if he stays at the helm anyway. Would do a decent job with a low budget.

I watched them this time last year and I was as impressed as you Simon. Great footballing side, albeit a division below, but when you look at what County have achieved, you certainly think the same could be achievable for Dale as well. Should we be seeking a replacement for Sheridan, I think Keith Hill would be the perfect replacement for him, and a breath of fresh air.

I can't believe they have to be told at all!

They need telling about who to watch out for and the set pices the opposition use, but not about what is expected of them. They need motivating when the gates are poor and playing so called inferior opposition. Peterborough don't seem to have a problem with motivation.

I watched them this time last year and I was as impressed as you Simon. Great footballing side, albeit a division below, but when you look at what County have achieved, you certainly think the same could be achievable for Dale as well. Should we be seeking a replacement for Sheridan, I think Keith Hill would be the perfect replacement for him, and a breath of fresh air.

Hill would be a good call.

I prefer Gannon, but given others seem to have a problem with Gannon, Keith Hill as a compromise candidate sounds good.

Hill would be a good call.

I prefer Gannon, but given others seem to have a problem with Gannon, Keith Hill as a compromise candidate sounds good.

The think is though, next season 'Dale go up... we capitualte and finish about 8th, 1000 people drop of our crowds and 1000 more go onto 'dales... our budget is slashed and we have to rely on the kids (not necessarily a bad thing at current showing) and 'dale get more budget to build on thier great passing side... and emulate what Pboro, MK and Stocky have done this season...

Who would you manage?.... you decide.....

Gannon is out of work. easy.

The think is though, next season 'Dale go up... we capitualte and finish about 8th, 1000 people drop of our crowds and 1000 more go onto 'dales... our budget is slashed and we have to rely on the kids (not necessarily a bad thing at current showing) and 'dale get more budget to build on thier great passing side... and emulate what Pboro, MK and Stocky have done this season...

Who would you manage?.... you decide.....

Gannon is out of work. easy.

I don't think Gannon is out of work, yet.

He won;t be sacked though. Their Chairman said as much.

I don't think Gannon is out of work, yet.

He won;t be sacked though. Their Chairman said as much.

:blush:

Yeah, sorry, making up sackings again... its early int he morning and all that brighton tosh confused me...

Oh well.. still think he would be easier to get than Hill if we are all in the same division next season...

I no longer have a responsibility for managing anyone but I used to. If I was questioned by the powers that be and said what Duxbury had said, I would have got my P45.

Yes the players need to take personal responsibility but so do the management. The buck stops with them.

Edited by jimsleftfoot