The inquest starts here - merged - all Shez out posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shez isn't the target of my frustration anymore. Let's be honest, the signs have been there for the majority of the season. I take no pride in flogging a dead horse.

My absolute anger and frustration is towards TTA.

Why have they let it get to this?

This season was our biggest and best chance of promotion for a long, long time. We've had arguably our best striker (may I add, on form!) for a few years and a very strong backbone of a team, not to mention financial backing at every opportunity which has gone unappreciated and talked-down publicly. And we're playing in a division which, I believe, is the weakest it's been for a long time with only one stand-out team.

They first made their anger known around the time of the Yeovil home defeat. Can probably count on one hand the number of exciting home games since and I'd still be able to pick my nose.

Xmas was coming, we were still uninspiring. A perfect chance to bring a new guy in and allow him the transfer window.

The transfer window passes, journeymen strikers come and go. And still come and go...

Pi$$ poor performances more often than not, behind the scenes bust ups and scandal, dirty laundry aired in public, and days off between what were massive home games yet became a pathetic and draining waste of a few hours of our life.

The last straw for me was months ago and I firmy believe, deep down, TTA shared the same view long before the masses jumped on post Col U and doggygate. Even then, get rid of him and give a new manager free reign for 10 games and hope his honeymoon period will get us through the play-offs. Realistically our only hope. But nothing.

Now a masive top of the table clash has been and gone with a 6-2 hammering and we find ourselves out of the play-offs (to be fair I can't believe we've hung on so long). The way things have been recently, now we're chasing, do we honestly believe we've the bottle to claw a play-off place back?

I believe Shez will be gone in the summer. Along with our best striker and chance of promotion for a long time. Yet the latter could've and I believe would've been avoided had the former been done a long long time ago.

TTA, you've a duck egg in charge who will now cop for a hell of a lot of abuse (with some personal). You guys could've avoided this when you first saw the cracks. I think we all realise that you'll never get a return on your investment but if you wanted to get sommat back then your blinkered 'loyalty' and lack of bottle has put a stop to that.

The dwindling attendances, abysmal performances and negative aura around the club has sucked the life out of it and us. Not one person is big and important enough to be able to do that alone.

A pathetic, uninspiring and embarrassing excuse for a football club.

E4e

JSOUT

Great post, says it all really, no need for anything else to be said

Shez isn't the target of my frustration anymore. Let's be honest, the signs have been there for the majority of the season. I take no pride in flogging a dead horse.

This season was our biggest and best chance of promotion for a long, long time. We've had arguably our best striker (may I add, on form!) for a few years and a very strong backbone of a team, not to mention financial backing at every opportunity which has gone unappreciated and talked-down publicly. And we're playing in a division which, I believe, is the weakest it's been for a long time with only one stand-out team.

They first made their anger known around the time of the Yeovil home defeat. Can probably count on one hand the number of exciting home games since and I'd still be able to pick my nose.

Xmas was coming, we were still uninspiring. A perfect chance to bring a new guy in and allow him the transfer window.

The transfer window passes, journeymen strikers come and go. And still come and go...

Pi$$ poor performances more often than not, behind the scenes bust ups and scandal, dirty laundry aired in public, and days off between what were massive home games yet became a pathetic and draining waste of a few hours of our life.

The last straw for me was months ago and I firmy believe, deep down, TTA shared the same view long before the masses jumped on post Col U and doggygate. Even then, get rid of him and give a new manager free reign for 10 games and hope his honeymoon period will get us through the play-offs. Realistically our only hope. But nothing.

Now a masive top of the table clash has been and gone with a 6-2 hammering and we find ourselves out of the play-offs (to be fair I can't believe we've hung on so long). The way things have been recently, now we're chasing, do we honestly believe we've the bottle to claw a play-off place back?

I believe Shez will be gone in the summer. Along with our best striker and chance of promotion for a long time. Yet the latter could've and I believe would've been avoided had the former been done a long long time ago.

TTA, you've a duck egg in charge who will now cop for a hell of a lot of abuse (with some personal). You guys could've avoided this when you first saw the cracks. I think we all realise that you'll never get a return on your investment but if you wanted to get sommat back then your blinkered 'loyalty' and lack of bottle has put a stop to that.

The dwindling attendances, abysmal performances and negative aura around the club has sucked the life out of it and us. Not one person is big and important enough to be able to do that alone.

E4e

JSOUT

So what exactly are you saying?

Seriously, Shez out now, get philli in caretaker whilst we find someone, then if they come in soon before the season is out we can maybe mount a mini revival, if not then they are in with a bit of time to address for next season.

Its sad because shez was a great servant as a player and coach but he caanot manage and is tactially inept.

I am feeling physically sick to the stomach at the moment after this result. I really really wanted to get out of this division under the stewardship of a great servant to the club. Have all the respect in the world for Sheridan as a player who came out of retirement and risked being crippled to play for us in our hour of need, and as a coach.

However, I do not think he has the right attributes to make it as a manager and take the club further. I would like to see him do the decent thing, hold his hands up and admit this, and resign/ agree a compensation package. I think this would work out better for the club and look alot better on his CV than being sacked.

also this would be a good opportunity for any new manager to make his own assessment of the players available to him rather than relying on someone elses word as he would have to do should sheridan go at the end of the season.

Supported Shez, but when I saw Hines instead of Stam at 2.45 I thought, oh ferk off!

Thats it had enough now.

9 games to rescue the season, but can't see it without summat drastic happening.

Fook me Stipey, things must be bad!

And just to settle the argument, we ARE doomed, doomed I tells yer.....

Poor football all season.

Where are the fans ?

We are around 1,000 down per home match over the last two years.

Nothing good to sing about recently.

When we go behind shez doesn't know what to do.

Does anyone know how many times Latics have won a game this season from coming behind ? I would be interested to know.

I am feeling physically sick to the stomach at the moment after this result. I really really wanted to get out of this division under the stewardship of a great servant to the club. Have all the respect in the world for Sheridan as a player who came out of retirement and risked being crippled to play for us in our hour of need, and as a coach.

However, I do not think he has the right attributes to make it as a manager and take the club further. I would like to see him do the decent thing, hold his hands up and admit this, and resign/ agree a compensation package. I think this would work out better for the club and look alot better on his CV than being sacked.

also this would be a good opportunity for any new manager to make his own assessment of the players available to him rather than relying on someone elses word as he would have to do should sheridan go at the end of the season.

Again I agree, all he's doing by clinging to his position is losing the respect of the fanbase so well earned and richly deserved. sorry Shez but please go now whilst we have 27 points to play for or risk becoming a hate figure to some.

E4e

JSOUT

Understand your frustrations nick but think thats a tad harsh.

for one, I think it took alot of bottle to sack Moore when they did.

But I think its time someone at the club put their foot down, kicked a few arses and said enough is enough.

E4e

JSOUT

I think that is really harsh - T3A have done alot for the club. Lets not forget the club was minutes of going under before they came in. Both Moore & Shez have had more resources than any other manager except Dowie. Okay Shez time is at hand but at the beginning of the season who would sacked him?? Since they been here we haven't been in relgation fight unlike the days of before Chris Moore.

These things happen in football - but at least the club is still here!

Understand your frustrations nick but think thats a tad harsh.

for one, I think it took alot of bottle to sack Moore when they did.

But I think its time someone at the club put their foot down, kicked a few arses and said enough is enough.

Wasn't one of the main reasons they sacked Moore because fans weren't buying STs and it was hitting the bank balance?

Last 10 games........ 2 wins

Previous 60 league games..........28 wins, 19 draws & 13 defeats

I personally am not sure of Shez as he does come across as not the brightest. But his record is okay and my view would give him til the end of a season.

I was one of the first that wanted Ronnie to go and remember the abysmal showing under Talbot at Ashton Gate in his last game. As I don't get to games anymore is it as bad as that? The games against Leeds & Leicester both in the last 10 games we didn't look that bad.

I disagree with fans saying with this squad we have assembled we should be bankers for a play off place. I don't even think as a squad of players it is as good as under Ronnie in his last season.

After all these year in this f***** league I think we just need a change and thats why so many have had enough.

Edited by aberdeenlatic

After another piss poor performance. I've been going through the current playing squad to find the problems & I've come up with the following summary of the players. From the 19 matches we have played from the start of December we've won just 5 !! I know we've only lost 5 as well, but drawing that many games isn't acceptable. Am afraid Shez has to go the performances are poor, very poor on occasions. He's lost the dressing room & his signings haven't perfomed overall, or he just hasn't given them the chance!!! Plus way too many loanees, has there ever been a successful team of loanees??? I can't think of one. As much as I love Oldham if Shez is in charge next season, I'll really have to think about renewing my season ticket because am really not enjoying going to BP at the min, but I just don't trust Shez to improve the squad qith any money he's given!! Which would mean much of the same crap am getting at the moment.

Budtz - Not here next season

Fleming - I rate him & think one of Shez very few good signings

Eardley - Possbile not here next season, but hit & miss performances.

Gregan - Personal problems, although still puts in some ok performances

Hines- Not here next season, plus gash

Stam - Am stuck to why he isn't playing, or at least been given a chance!!

Hazell - Been ok, but as like most of team lost form.

Jones - Not here next season

Lomax - Was ok at first & then drop, but to be fair Jones is a much better player.

Golbourne - Won't be here next season, don't understand why Shez extended.

Maher - Been one of the only postives recently, however keeps getting dropped when the team puts in a crap performance.

Lee - Whats going on with this lad?? Give him a chance Shez ffs

Stephens - Ditto

Whittaker - I could give you an endless list of negatives about Whittaker.

Smalley - Been the best young player.

Allott - Nothing like he was last season.

Taylor - Lost form & not the player he was at the start of the season, or before the transfer window. Don't think he'll be here next season.

Liddell - Great pen taker & most expensive taxi driver I know!!

Kabba - Not here next season, one good performance (Millwall) the rest, less said the better.

Fat Arse Windass - He's better sticking to his media work.

Hughes - Lost form & won't be here next season.

Lewis - Feel for the lad, never been given a chance.

After another piss poor performance. I've been going through the current playing squad to find the problems & I've come up with the following summary of the players. From the 19 matches we have played from the start of December we've won just 5 !! I know we've only lost 5 as well, but drawing that many games isn't acceptable. Am afraid Shez has to go the performances are poor, very poor on occasions. He's lost the dressing room & his signings haven't perfomed overall, or he just hasn't given them the chance!!! Plus way too many loanees, has there ever been a successful team of loanees??? I can't think of one. As much as I love Oldham if Shez is in charge next season, I'll really have to think about renewing my season ticket because am really not enjoying going to BP at the min, but I just don't trust Shez to improve the squad qith any money he's given!! Which would mean much of the same crap am getting at the moment.

Budtz - Not here next season

Fleming - I rate him & think one of Shez very few good signings

Eardley - Possbile not here next season, but hit & miss performances.

Gregan - Personal problems, although still puts in some ok performances

Hines- Not here next season, plus gash

Stam - Am stuck to why he isn't playing, or at least been given a chance!!

Hazell - Been ok, but as like most of team lost form.

Jones - Not here next season

Lomax - Was ok at first & then drop, but to be fair Jones is a much better player.

Golbourne - Won't be here next season, don't understand why Shez extended.

Maher - Been one of the only postives recently, however keeps getting dropped when the team puts in a crap performance.

Lee - Whats going on with this lad?? Give him a chance Shez ffs

Stephens - Ditto

Whittaker - I could give you an endless list of negatives about Whittaker.

Smalley - Been the best young player.

Allott - Nothing like he was last season.

Taylor - Lost form & not the player he was at the start of the season, or before the transfer window. Don't think he'll be here next season.

Liddell - Great pen taker & most expensive taxi driver I know!!

Kabba - Not here next season, one good performance (Millwall) the rest, less said the better.

Fat Arse Windass - He's better sticking to his media work.

Hughes - Lost form & won't be here next season.

Lewis - Feel for the lad, never been given a chance.

Guest oa_exile
Think if Shez goes at the end of the season - there are a lot of players coming up to their end of contract. wouldn't it be better to get someone in now?

Yep , give the new man the chance to assess who should be offered a new contract :mmm: and those who should be :deal::pow:

Think if Shez goes at the end of the season - there are a lot of players coming up to their end of contract. wouldn't it be better to get someone in now?

whilst the majority of fans will voice there concerns over the manager and his staff...it may be a tad harsh on tta's to have a go,however i understand the frustration,they knew it was happening at yeovil,and like has been said i think they could,or should have called the management in then and laid it down on the line,sort it or else.

to a certain extent there probably as frustrated as we are.more so given the financial backing they have and continue to put into this club,knowing they wont get the majority of it back.

i would like to think they are a little naive,and like we do hope shez sorts it,it is now however plainly obvious that that isnt going to happen..

i just hope they dont sit on there hands too long,otherwise another season in this league with dwindleing attendances may just push them and us over the edge.

i still trust them to do whats right for this club,i just dont trust our management team at the moment.

E4e

JSOUT

The problem was Nik you couldn't sack a manager whilst he had his team in the play-offs, uninspiring games asdide he was doing what the owners wanted.

Sacking him would have made us a massive laughing stock.

Outside the play-off spots.

Goal difference like a bank's balance sheet.

If there was a genuine feeling that recent results were unlucky defeats despite good performances on the pitch things would be different.

We haven't won 3 in a row under Shez in 2 years.

We won't win 6 or 7 out of 9 under Shez in the next 6 or 7 weeks. It simply ain't gonna happen.

Even if we did sneak up via the play-offs, he's not good enough to keep us up.

There is only one thing for TTA to do and they need to do it this week.

(though paying off the remaining 15 months of Shez' contract and buying out Jim Gannon's 12 month rolling contract ain't gonna be cheap).

Summary:

We're stale.

We've been stale since we played MK Dons at BP.

Time to refresh things.

11 new players or 1 new manager?

Edited by opinions4u

The problem was Nik you couldn't sack a manager whilst he had his team in the play-offs, uninspiring games asdide he was doing what the owners wanted.

Sacking him would have made us a massive laughing stock.

More than the laughing stock we are at present?

So OK, this is the first time he's had his team out of the play-offs all season, so we can sack him now? Has anything really changed since 2:59pm today?

E4e

JSOUT