This temporary charge business

Employing somebody until the end of the season, we are obviously not going to get the likes of Jim Gannon, Paul Ince or any other big name people want. These sort of people will be looking for security. In my opinion its going to be a has been, or someone who is desperate for work. that, or someone who loves the club.

Firstly, what i dont want is someone who is desperate. they usually have no idea, and we would probably be in no better a position than if sheridan had stayed. I also Dont want a has been, aka Gregory, Francis etc. They cost money and usually do naff all.

It has to be someone who loves the club imo. Big Joe, with a helping hand from Ritchie would be a perfect temporary partnership. They, especially Royle would command the respect of the dressing room instantly, Fans would instantly be behind the team, and there would be a real buzz around the place.

I honestly believe in appointing a temporary manager, creating this instant buzz is the only way we are going to get in the play offs this season. Royle would know its only a temporary measure and if things dont work out his legend status wouldnt be affected.

Get them in now, is what i say, then go for gannon next year

Didnt Dowie go hard or go home and choose to go home ? Stealing a car in the process?

I wont be attending games if Dowie is anywhere near this club...

But he was seen in a curry house in Oldham on Friday night so he must be coming back....

As much as I'd love to see Joe back in charge I don't think he would be the right appointment, it took him 10 years I think to get us promoted! Ritchie got Barnsley through the play-offs, harshly sacked at Huddersfield but I don't think that he would come back.

Listening to what Corney said the manager would be temporary but also said that he could stay permanent but that is unlikely. Suggests a higher profile manager Ince, Jewell, Dowie perhaps?

As I mentioned on the other thread...temporary position is actually a canny move from TTA imo...the kind of names that could make an instant impact like Dowie, Ince etc etc wouldn't want to be tied to us when there is the potential of 'bigger' jobs being available in a few months, allows them to potentially get a promotion on their cv's (certainly won't harm reputations if they don't) AND should they manage to pull promo off allows them first dibs at a Championship managerial position should a more attractive one not be available in summer.

Guest sheridans_world
Dowie wasn't here when TTA were. Ever.

I seem to remember him leaving after TTA came. Eyresie took charge while they searched for a replacement and Talbot was eventually hired.

I remember thinking at the time "why is he leaving now when we've just got cash?"

Employing somebody until the end of the season, we are obviously not going to get the likes of Jim Gannon, Paul Ince or any other big name people want. These sort of people will be looking for security. In my opinion its going to be a has been, or someone who is desperate for work. that, or someone who loves the club.

Firstly, what i dont want is someone who is desperate. they usually have no idea, and we would probably be in no better a position than if sheridan had stayed. I also Dont want a has been, aka Gregory, Francis etc. They cost money and usually do naff all.

It has to be someone who loves the club imo. Big Joe, with a helping hand from Ritchie would be a perfect temporary partnership. They, especially Royle would command the respect of the dressing room instantly, Fans would instantly be behind the team, and there would be a real buzz around the place.

I honestly believe in appointing a temporary manager, creating this instant buzz is the only way we are going to get in the play offs this season. Royle would know its only a temporary measure and if things dont work out his legend status wouldnt be affected.

Get them in now, is what i say, then go for gannon next year

I cannot see anything that indicates the current shower (players a lot to blame for shez leaing IMHO) would respect Joe Royle. He did nothing of note after us, and has been out of the game for too long.

We need someone with experience that has a propotion under his belt.

I cannot see anything that indicates the current shower (players a lot to blame for shez leaing IMHO) would respect Joe Royle. He did nothing of note after us, and has been out of the game for too long.

Won the FA CUp in 1995 - some would conisder that noteable.

Did he not also get City promoted from this division via the play-offs? OK, perhaps not that notable, but still its still waht we are looking for.

However, prefer Royle not to come back. Prefer to remember the good times.

Guest sheridans_world
Dowie did leave on 19th December 2003, TTA were unveiled on celebration Sunday, 8th February 2004. Not sure how long before that they were involved with the club though.

From memory they put up some cash in November 03 to tide the club over while they considered the takeover.

Errrrrrrrrmmmmm didin't JR get Citeh promotion? Out of this division? In the play offs? Oh and didn't Everton win the FA Cup?

Edit: D'oh too slow!

Edited by StipeTripe

tta didnt take control of the club officially until celebration sunday in feb, but they were in and around the club from november, if memory serves. Dowie spouted he was loyal to the club, and made promises to tta, then went running to palace

Dowie did leave on 19th December 2003, TTA were unveiled on celebration Sunday, 8th February 2004. Not sure how long before that they were involved with the club though.

TTA started bank rolling the club about 2-3 weeks before Dowie left.

As for stealing a car, get real ffs

Er what.

So he kept a doomed Everton in the Premier League

Won the FA Cup

2 successive promotions with City

"Did nothing after he left us" :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

Cheers,

Harry