Stockport County In Trouble

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

signed it. always thought of oldham athletic and stockport county as very similar sized clubs with almost identical size of support 5-6000. good luck

I've always though of Oldham Athletic as a bigger club punching below their weight and County as a small club where miracles have happened to get them where they are and the support the have.

Guest sheridans_world

Sadly, the best way for County to get around all of the embargo's and transfer money sharing and losing hospitality etc is to go into administration.

That way they could agree a ground share as a new company (Stockport County FC 2009 Ltd) with Macclesfield or someone where they will be able to keep the profits from match-days for a fixed amount of rent. In a way, it'll be a good thing becuase it'll stuff Cheshire Sports, who have been screwing county since their take-over.

New company, new contracts, none of the old ties would remain.

I hope county get out of this.

Cant believe that my first posting on OWTB website was to sign a petition on behalf of Stockport County.

GOOD LUCK

it's because we care about other clubs like ourselves and we also were in danger of closing down ..... well done for signing too

Thank you so much for your support. I'm actually pretty gobsmacked we've had so much support from a club that on match days we share a mutual dislike!!

I'll always remember that you're doing this, and I appreciate it a lot.

I agree with what was said further down. It is a case of cheshire sports screwing us over, and unfortunately in the way things are run now there is absolutely no way that we can make a profit. The only money we can get via Edgeley Park is ticket sales. Everything else goes to Cheshire Sports and Sale Scummy Sharks. Its pretty bad...but even worse to think that the county Trust signed a deal to actually agree with that. What were they thinking?!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed..hoping that I have a team to follow next season. Things really are that bleak its not good...

Apparently we're in talks with Macc FC and Northwich Vic to discuss a possible ground share...EEK!

Some good news is the council have said they will support us...but can't afford cash...just wondering what the help may be?! In my mind i'm trying to convince myself its about a new ground...how class would that be!!!

Again, thanks a lot :-)

x