Stockport County In Trouble

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absoloutly hate stockport county and hope they go out of business. never will i sign a petition for them!!!

BYE BYE COUNTY BYE BYE COUNTY

Hate is a negative and destructive attitude, tolerance within reason is a much wiser virtue.

Edited by BP1960

They owe money to people though. What about families who are skint because SCFC have not paid their bill?

Its not as easy as saying sign this petition.

Absolutely.

There's no way Oldham Athletic should ever have been allowed to rise from the ashes.

KTF.

Edited by opinions4u

I aint saying that but surely the club has to be responsible for the debts they have accrued. It was Chris Moore who got us in the :censored:.

SCFC is owned by a trust so it is slightly different. I haven't said I want to see them go out of business. I just think they have to be responsible for their actions. No?

Edited by Prendy_1984

Well Leeds rob the tax payers and get slated for it. Stockport want to do it and we support it?

Get a grip

You don't appear to have read what the petition says.

However valid your point about paying the bills, what about solidarity with fellow supporters.

Additional research for you:

How much did Oldham Athletic not pay the tax man prior to rising from the ashes?

Not justifying what latics did tho am I? It is about time clubs start to cut their cloth accordingly. We had our problems due to Moore and were one of the first in recent times to come so close to folding. We were surely a warning to these other clubs. Or is it just they think we'll get outta trouble in the end, everyone else has.

Go on give me the figure though?

Not justifying what latics did tho am I? It is about time clubs start to cut their cloth accordingly. We had our problems due to Moore and were one of the first in recent times to come so close to folding. We were surely a warning to these other clubs. Or is it just they think we'll get outta trouble in the end, everyone else has.

Go on give me the figure though?

£260k rings a bell.

Football clubs go bust with remarkable regularity.

Bristol City and Middlesbrough were reborn. Maidstone disappeared completely. Aldershot rings a bell too. Scarborough are about 6 divisions below the football league as a result of their financial collapses.

County's independence from Cheshire Sports (the firm that used to be the holding company for Sale Sharks and County) came at a price. One third of all transfer fees go to Sale Sharks.

Clubs should cut their cloth accordingly. I agree wholeheartedly with that. But the petition you were asked to sign asks for the local authority to explore ways to ensure the club's survival. It's one I can certainly bring myself to sign.

The future for County? Administration will help them to negotiate lower debts and then hopefully a rich sugar Daddy can take the club off the hands of a Supporters Trust that obviously wasn't up to the job.

Statement of silence from the club must really help County fans!

Edited by opinions4u