Stockport County In Trouble

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I've actually been bowled over by your support on our petition so far, its really nice to see that you're putting all rivalries behind you and seeing that we are in need of positive help, and by signing, we feel the council are more likely to see the help that we want and deserve, at the end of the day, ask someone to name one thing about Stockport - they're likely to say County!!

Right now Stockport County FC are in a lot of trouble.

I'm a massive county fan, and it would be a sad day if we were to go out of business - just think, no more local derbies with us, that would be rubbish right!

Why County? I don't know really, just the pure buzz and friendly feel around the club, it’s a lifestyle!!

Anyway, we're in huge debts, to the tax man, to our previous owner, so numerous people, and we've been given a deadline during May to raise a significant amount of money or face going into administration. At this point liquidation would be more than likely we fear, as other than players were have no saleable assets - who would want to buy/invest to that?!

Basically, Stockport County is a trust run club, meaning its run by a fan elected board, so we're the ones being told 'we must' etc.

A number of meetings have been held with the council, but they seem quite reluctant to help us, and so a number of fans have come up with the idea as getting as many signatures on a petition as possible and handing it over to the MP of Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council.

Why you? Well basically we're looking to get as many signatures as possible, and it would help towards that if you would be kind enough to take a few small seconds to sign this! I'm aware a lot of you have probably already signed, but for those of you that haven't, please do, it only takes a few seconds!!

*SIGN HERE*

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savestockportcounty/?e

Thank you very much :-)

Clare

xxx

Edited by clarescfc09

Stockport County has been at the heart of the Stockport community for over 125 years. However, it is now facing significant financial and operational difficulties which are jeopardising its survival as a football league club. stockport co sign here

Signed it. It still wrong that when a club has financial problems they are hit by a points deduction. This is beyond the control of the day to day support who have the club at heart!

I absoloutly hate stockport county and hope they go out of business. never will i sign a petition for them!!!

BYE BYE COUNTY BYE BYE COUNTY

We've been in the same position.

I do hope what I heard about their "Ground For A Pound" fund was just a rumour though. If not, they could be in a bit of bother.

Thanks guys :-)

I'm going on channel m tomorrow (poor i know) to try get the point across - hope that works a little too!

x

Signed and petition emailed to footie fans at work. Good luck.