Manager Situation

I'm not so sure, if that was the case why would they come out and say its only till the end of the season. As I see it - which is only my opinion and a wild guess - is that Joe was an experienced and available coach who would come in at short notice, cost nothing in terms of compensation and still give us a chance of the play-off's while the board decide on a new manager and let Joe go on his way in May. But as I say, I could be very wrong and couldn't be further from the truth. Only time will tell.

I think thats a pretty accurate assessment of the Royle situation at Latics, able to come in at short notice and no compensation to worry about.

I think the whole situation will be reassessed at the end of the season, whether Joe is willing to stay on next season or whether the owners want him too will I'm sure depend on what happens from now until the end of the season.

My first choice would (from a footballing point of view) be Gannon, he's done a great job at Stockport and will certainly be available with the financial situation at County (although he may have offers from other clubs as well) so we may not get him if he gets a better offer.

The worry with Gannon is the reservations some on this thread and others have voiced about him, I would be interested to know what atrocities he is guilty of, as purely from a footballing point of view I can only really see positives but if of course he is a serial killer or something that would have to go in the negatives column, I guess.

My first choice would (from a footballing point of view) be Gannon, he's done a great job at Stockport and will certainly be available with the financial situation at County (although he may have offers from other clubs as well) so we may not get him if he gets a better offer.

One thing to remember also is, although yes he may have other offers, there are very few closer to his home where he and his family are no doubt settled now. Although I can't say for sure, that was probably one factor in turning down the Brighton job.

IThe worry with Gannon is the reservations some on this thread and others have voiced about him,

I would be interested to know what atrocities he is guilty of, as purely from a footballing point of view I can only really see positives but if of course he is a serial killer or something that would have to go in the negatives column, I guess.

:grin:

Very good!

Still County have nose dived a bit as it hits crunch time.

Bit like us really?

not mentally strong enough or the menager?

:grin:

Very good!

Still County have nose dived a bit as it hits crunch time.

Bit like us really?

not mentally strong enough or the menager?

They have fallen away like ourselves, but they have also sold a good few of their best players (and replaced them with loanees), we have sold nobody and strengthened (in terms of numbers) with quite a few loanees.

To be fair to County, when you think of the players they have lost in the last 12 months, its quite a list, Dickinson, Elding, Pilkington, McNulty, Owen (who was captain), etc and for them to be replaced by reserve team players and loanees is not an easy task. I was reliably told that in the January transfer window, when the latest players left, the reserve team players who replaced them hadn't even been training with the first team in 6 weeks previous to them being drafted in. So they have had it very hard in the last few months. Whereas we seemed to have brought in endless amount players on loan to no avail.

Not to mention Fon Williams playing at the weekend when he's in clear need of surgery. Apparently, he has super-duper strength pain killing injections, but was still heard making huge groans of discomfort throughout the game.

Having spoke to a County fan at work today I was told to leave Gannon well alone as he didn't want to lose him. So, despite all this with the contract situation hanging over him I think the general opinion is they still want him there.

I thought it was clear I meant Royle. If he's the right man for the job (if he wanted it) so be it, but he shouldn't get the job just because of what he did for us over 15 years ago and a few people get misty eyed.

What he did 15 years ago looks great on any managers C.V. Good a reason as any to give him the job IMO.