Ian Moore

What a t**t he is.

Giving the crowd the old "hand to the ear" gesture after scoring is one of my pet hates.

It's easy to be the "big man" by goading the crowd when there's a line of stewards and police protecting you and when all sensible fans realise that the implications of a counter-reaction would be far harsher to the individual/the club, than they are for the player.

To then also turn to the Oldham fans and then show them the score with your hands was also completely uncalled for.

Ian Moore's attitude stinks and I couldn't be happier that he decided to bolt when we were about to sign him.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, Moore was always going to do that! The stick he got through the whole of the game, if i was in his position id have done the same.

Are you trying to tell me Lee Hughes wouldnt have done that to Tranmere if he had scored? :blush:

What a t**t he is.

Giving the crowd the old "hand to the ear" gesture after scoring is one of my pet hates.

Christ almighty, after the stick he got from the Oldham fans since he screwed us over to be with pa, I'm only surprised that's all he did. Aye, he's a tosser but he had every reason to do that.

My pet hate it when they do that for no reason at all.

We called his dad a w@nker and his mum a wh0re for 2 games in a row, who wouldnt have done the same.

There's a difference between shouting and singing names at a professional footballer and said professional footballer doing what he did. He incited a crowd of wound up football fans and it could have been dangerous.

There's a difference between shouting and singing names at a professional footballer and said professional footballer doing what he did. He incited a crowd of wound up football fans and it could have been dangerous.

Man up. It happens everywhere. It's football.

I know it winds us up when it's done to us, but if Hughes did it, we'd be laughing and joking about it.

We called his dad a w@nker and his mum a wh0re for 2 games in a row, who wouldnt have done the same.

Didn't think there was much abuse towards either of the Moore's until Ian did his stuff. So, without wanting to sound like a 10-year-old, he started it.........

Get over yourself. If you dish it out, you should be able to take it.

I tend to think that as a proffessional you should BE proffessional - Its ok to run to your fans and seek recognition for your goal - Its another thing to goad the oppositions fans > What would he have done if fans had run on the pitch and attacked him - We would have faced a fine and censure thats for sure.

I trust Ronnie Moore has had the good sense to castigate him and advise him just how stupid he was to do that. Mind you when the said manager does it himself then theres no hope.

Fans by their nature goad and intimidate players from the terraces - Thats the nature of the game - Players are expected to be above that.

IF Lee Hughes had done similar to the Tranmere fans then I feel sure Joe would have had is ass when he returned to the changing rooms after.

It could even be classed as a guesture that was an incitement to riot at its worst extreme.

Stupid of him and if he looks at the replay I would hope he would realise what a pratt he was

I didn't.....

And there's normally a load of kids at the front, if one of them got injured would you be saying the same thing?

I'd be lambasting our stupid fans for overreacting rather than laying into that tossbag mate. Stop being hysterical about it.

And personally, I'd not have my kids standing around the bunch of gone-wrongs that populate that part of the RRE.

I'd be lambasting our stupid fans for overreacting rather than laying into that tossbag mate. Stop being hysterical about it.

And personally, I'd not have my kids standing around the bunch of gone-wrongs that populate that part of the RRE.

Not being hysterical, just trying to post a balanced view. I know nothing major is going to happen really, but professional footballers should be able to rise above it (Hughes included). If it wasn't a concern, they wouldn't hand out yellow cards to them.

Not being hysterical, just trying to post a balanced view. I know nothing major is going to happen really, but professional footballers should be able to rise above it (Hughes included). If it wasn't a concern, they wouldn't hand out yellow cards to them.

So, you claim a major incident could happen, yet admit it isn't going to happen really and reckon you're not being hysterical. Aye, alright then.

It's just silly hypocrasy when we have a striker who can't wait to do a silly dance in front of opposing fans when he sticks one in. Nothing gets said about that, even though in essence it's the same thing.

Move on for god's sake. Yer acting like a bunch of babies about it.

It's just silly hypocrasy when we have a striker who can't wait to do a silly dance in front of opposing fans when he sticks one in. Nothing gets said about that, even though in essence it's the same thing.

Move on for god's sake. Yer acting like a bunch of babies about it.

I don't think anyone on this thread has said they support Hughes doing his dance in front of the oppositions fans, have they?

I have well and truely moved on from it, but just wanted to point out that Moore thought he was being the big brave man, when in fact he was being exactly the opposite.....

I don't think anyone on this thread has said they support Hughes doing his dance in front of the oppositions fans, have they?

No. Not at all. But by the same token, there's no thread's popping up like this everytime he does it. People just need to get a grip, move on leave it alone.

Personally I'll never fully understand focusing on a particular player for abuse. It always spurs them on. We see it all the time with Hughes.

No. Not at all. But by the same token, there's no thread's popping up like this everytime he does it. People just need to get a grip, move on leave it alone.

Personally I'll never fully understand focusing on a particular player for abuse. It always spurs them on. We see it all the time with Hughes.

Also, the thing with Hughes is that his dance is a celebration of his goal - the opposition's fans can choose to interpret it the way they want.

The "hand round ear" and telling us the score, as Moore did, is just intended to wind the oppositions fans up, which I don't like.

Anyway, moving swiftly in an onwards direction........

FMS - Not sure, but did I speak to you in the Greyhound on Saturday? Going Orient? Will probably see you in the Coach and Horses after my 15 minutes of fame!