stupid americans

Hahahahahaha Love it

Written by a bloke who thinks that a bunch of guys padded out, wearing motorbike helmets and whoes sole objectives are to run as far as they can or kick a ball between two posts - Jeesh thats entertainment?

I remember seeing it once on TV as a kid and when I heard one guy shouting ''grunt grunt 32, 26, 44, 19 grunt grunt 22, 32, 41'' I said 'Dad why is that big bloke ordering a chinese in the middle of a game?''

And Baseball? Oh yeah right so THATS a man's game where the objective is to hit a ball with what can only be described as a long thin bowling pin, then he runs round a diamond shape track as fast as his legs will carry him - Dont we call that rounders?

You have to love the 'World Series' - Only the Americans would title a competition with the word 'World' in it - When no bugga outside the USA competes in it ?

I wonder what he reads when hes stood on the touchline watching his daughter play soccer ? It cant be ''Americas contribution to world peace'' it dont take long to read an A4 sheet of paper

the man is a conservative American Christian theologian. Enough said

a mate at work went over to USA to see his son and was in a bar when these guys had a go about english cricket, how can you play a game for 5 days and it ends in a draw??? true i suppose. but he replied asking why do they call it THE WORLD SERIES when only america and canada are in it?? boom boom. :wink:

a mate at work went over to USA to see his son and was in a bar when these guys had a go about english cricket, how can you play a game for 5 days and it ends in a draw??? true i suppose. but he replied asking why do they call it THE WORLD SERIES when only america and canada are in it?? boom boom. :wink:

Even better is this

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/93693...into-WBC-finals

They can't win when it is a truly international event.

I'm not a fan of American Sports but each to their own as they say.

However when they start to criticise Football and Cricket then thats a bit much, I was once told that the 'World Series' was named that because it was first sponsored by the New York World Newspaper.

Although this link appears to dispell even that rumour.

Origin of World Series link

I'm not a fan of American Sports but each to their own as they say.

However when they start to criticise Football and Cricket then thats a bit much, I was once told that the 'World Series' was named that because it was first sponsored by the New York World Newspaper.

Although this link appears to dispell even that rumour.

Origin of World Series link

It's not just baseball. The winners of the NFL Superbowl are declared the "World Champions" (sic)... It's laughable but not surprising since the US is so insular. Local news is terrible and concentrates on the (un)happenings in the region of the state you're in. "World news" is about the rest of the country. QED...

There's an American Footy pundit who rants about Football a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf6oH2agCmE

That guy is ridiculous. Ignoring that no other countries have taken up 'football' at all and yet 'soccer' is played in almost every nation around the world. Apparently that's because it's for thick people, that's why only the US can understand 'football' with their vast intelligence. Ironic.

That guy is ridiculous. Ignoring that no other countries have taken up 'football' at all and yet 'soccer' is played in almost every nation around the world. Apparently that's because it's for thick people, that's why only the US can understand 'football' with their vast intelligence. Ironic.

Also ironic is that he goes on about not needing a lot of equipment to play "soccer" compared with American football... That's the beauty of it! What an utter dick. I hear so much shiiite about "soccer" here I just have to tune it out and say "each to their own" otherwise I'd go crazy trying to respond to it all.

American sports are great if you want a lot of interruptions in the 3 or 4 hours you are "at the game" so you can eat, walk about the stadium, talk BS about things, call your friends or family from your seat etc. etc. etc. :ranting::grin:

Edited by martjs