Path to the Championship....

6 place last three seasons =

07/08 - 76 points

06/07 - 75 points

05/06 - 71 points

Average = 74 points required....

Obviously massive guess work...

So at the very least we need 16 points out of a possible 21 to stand any chance.

So where can we get those points ?

Orient (A) - 3 points

Peterborough (H) - 3 points

Carlise (A) - 3 points

Crewe (H) - 3 Points

Brighton (A) - 0 points

Southend (H) - 3 points

Wallsall (A) - 1 point

Total = 13 points... at the best (day dreaming poss)...

Got to accept season is over me thinks....

Edited by oafc0000

its a big ask but never say never in football or mayb im talkin with my fingers crossed

its been a great season up until last month or so, we were in a great position but sum slack results have cost us at a critical part of the campaign

its the same old story at boundary park again but they will still b in me till the day i die win lose or draw

its a big ask but never say never in football or mayb im talkin with my fingers crossed

its been a great season up until last month or so, we were in a great position but sum slack results have cost us at a critical part of the campaign

its the same old story at boundary park again but they will still b in me till the day i die win lose or draw

OK we somehow scrape into playoffs. WE have a rush of blood and somehow we make Wembley..... we then get a huge amount of luck

and somehow win on penalties....... great we are in the CHAMPIONSHIP............. THEN WHAT ?

With this lot we would be lucky to get 20 points and come straight back......

Not good enough. If you scrape in you struggle...because you are not good enough to make it the right way.

The play offs are a curse on the game....I have always thought that. You are good enough over 46 games or not.

6 place last three seasons =

07/08 - 76 points

06/07 - 75 points

05/06 - 71 points

Average = 74 points required....

Obviously massive guess work...

So at the very least we need 16 points out of a possible 21 to stand any chance.

So where can we get those points ?

Orient (A) - 3 points

Peterborough (H) - 3 points

Carlise (A) - 3 points

Crewe (H) - 3 Points

Brighton (A) - 0 points

Southend (H) - 3 points

Wallsall (A) - 1 point

Total = 13 points... at the best (day dreaming poss)...

Got to accept season is over me thinks....

The seasons only over according to your flaky maths.

The results that you predict give us 16pts not 13 :)

Edited by laticsrblue

OK we somehow scrape into playoffs. WE have a rush of blood and somehow we make Wembley..... we then get a huge amount of luck

and somehow win on penalties....... great we are in the CHAMPIONSHIP............. THEN WHAT ?

With this lot we would be lucky to get 20 points and come straight back......

Not good enough. If you scrape in you struggle...because you are not good enough to make it the right way.

The play offs are a curse on the game....I have always thought that. You are good enough over 46 games or not.

Bollocks. I'd take promotion based on Alan Hardy correctly reading the entrails of the virgin baby goat he slaughters tomorrow morning and placing his voodoo dolls appropriately. The last time we were in the play offs we scraped in after having been better placed for most of the season, IF we can get there this season at least it will be with some fight required. I don't find it too hard thinking what result I want*, I want us to win every game. The rest can take care of itself.

* I will admit to half hoping for a wrong 'un in the odd LDV game

If we got up all but a handful of players would be out of contract so we could get others in and not be saddled with the so called 'crap'

god do some people not know anything about close season and contracts expiring??.............

Could that be why its so hard to motivate these players?

Most of them know that they aren't playing for their place in the Championship they're playing for the club's place in the Championship

Edited by laticsrblue

Could that be why its so hard to motivate these players?

Most of them know that they aren't playing for their place in the Championship they're playing for the club's place in the Championship

players who are out of contract in the summer should be pulling there tripe out and playing out of there skin,to prove they may possibly cut it if we went up,and also if they dont think they can to put themself in the shop window,so there not sat there crying over what could of been.

its a big ask,especially for a side that is only consistant in being inconsistant....big joe said it himself tonight at half time..how the hell has this team been in the play offs all season.

but its also a big juicy carrott to aim for,increased revenus from tv games,increase in crowds,if not home fans then away fans,better sponsership deals..

we need to start winning,simple as that,dont worry about others just go out to win every game,if we do that we will be ok.if not then its there own fault.