Windass gone official

so hes a coach now always thought there was room for 57 seats in there and thats not just his head !

Not sure if anyone has posted this so apologies if its titanic

This is from the blog on the ITV

Dean's loan spell at Oldham has now been terminated and he has returned to Hull where he will be concentrating on coaching the club's youngsters and playing for the reserves.

Sadly his deal to return to the KC Stadium stated he could no longer continue with his media work which means there will be no further updates to this blog. But stay tuned for an announcement of a new ITV.com blogger.

Turned out a bad deal all round.

I believe his signing was the beginning of the end (despite a pretty good debut) and that had we not bothered we would still be in the top 6 with Shez at the helm.

:(

See post on another thread. If you think our problems started with the arrival of Windass...think again. Crickey it's all Deans fault!!!!

See post on another thread. If you think our problems started with the arrival of Windass...think again. Crickey it's all Deans fault!!!!

Not quite what I said Lags. He certainly has to shoulder a chunk of the blame though, along with Shez for signing him. I note another thread commented on our form up until December possibly being enough for automatic promotion (I think it was your post, apologies if not).

Windass signed on January 5th.

We've had a few recognised strikers with a good reputation in the last 18 months or so (Windass, Byfield, Ricketts, Ormerod....) yet all have failed to make an impact here. Also, Davies appeared to find the goal more comfortably at Edgeley Park than BP (As did COG I suppose). I'm beginning to wonder how much of that was down to our style of play (Or tactics if you like) and how much down to the player being crap?

A little too much coincidence for my liking.

We've had a few recognised strikers with a good reputation in the last 18 months or so (Windass, Byfield, Ricketts, Ormerod....) yet all have failed to make an impact here. Also, Davies appeared to find the goal more comfortably at Edgeley Park than BP (As did COG I suppose). I'm beginning to wonder how much of that was down to our style of play (Or tactics if you like) and how much down to the player being crap?

A little too much coincidence for my liking.

Windass- Billy Big balls

Byfield- Billy Big balls

Ricketts- Billy big balls

Ormerod- was completely unfit

I think our problem is signing strikers who arent fitting in at their own clubs because they are either unfit or gob:censored:es

Edited by razza699

I think our problem is signing strikers who arent fitting in at their own clubs because they are either unfit or gob:censored:es

Signing unfit players and giving them match practice to benefit a competitor isn't ideal.

Constantine would be another I'd add to the list.

Signing unfit players and giving them match practice to benefit a competitor isn't ideal.

Constantine would be another I'd add to the list.

Thought Constantine did ok for us in his time here - was a bit disappointed we didn't look at making it permanent.

Had a nice touch and an eye for goal and I reckon him and Hughes could have made a good partnership as well.

Same with Jarrett - he brought good energy to the midfield - something we're badly lacking.

Same with Jarrett - he brought good energy to the midfield - something we're badly lacking.

I liked Jarrett too. I thought his performance last season against Huddersfield, playing in an advanced role off the lone frontman, was ******* immense. It was one of the very best individual performances I have seen from a Latics player over recent years.....despite him missing a penalty for his hattrick!! :grin:

The ITV Dean Windass Blog site contains the following statement:

Dean's loan spell at Oldham has now been terminated and he has returned to Hull where he will be concentrating on coaching the club's youngsters and playing for the reserves.

Sadly his deal to return to the KC Stadium stated he could no longer continue with his media work which means there will be no further updates to this blog

The horse greyhound bolted and now the stable trap door has been closed!