Next Season - Teams To Watch

Assuming like most of us now believe that we will be in league 1 again next season who does everyone think will be the teams chasing promotion next time round ?

Will it be another season like this with a so called big club like Charlton ( another Leicester ) leading the way or someone coming up from league 2 ( Peterborough , MK Dons ) doing well ?

Are we going to struggle or do you think we can really mount a better challenge than this season ?

Assuming like most of us now believe that we will be in league 1 again next season who does everyone think will be the teams chasing promotion next time round ?

Will it be another season like this with a so called big club like Charlton ( another Leicester ) leading the way or someone coming up from league 2 ( Peterborough , MK Dons ) doing well ?

Are we going to struggle or do you think we can really mount a better challenge than this season ?

Don't think Charlton will do a Leicester. Leicester came down with the 2nd best defensive record in the CC, they weren't going to concede goals this year, and against L1 defences it was no surprise they ran away with it. Charlton, on the other hand, are crap.

I don't buy all this rubbish about how next year the division will be stronger. The point is that however 'big' the sides coming down are, they'll be the worst three sides in the Championship. Plus, the sides coming up won't have as big a budget as those that came up last year...there's no way Brentford/Bury/Dale will do a Posh/MK.

Expect the build up over Hudders in the summer again, only for them to fall flat on their face.

Oh, and us...if we can keep the good from this side together then we may have a chance. It all depends on who goes, and if we can replace Hughes' goals on a shoestring. We'll see.

Edited by jsslatic

Charlton will be in a mess financially next year as the parachute payments finnish at the end of this season i believe so they could very well be in administration by the start of next season, same with Southampton. Don't see any teams coming up who will have the financial backing of MK or Peterbourough.

It will be interesting, hopefully we won't be hit too much by the current mess but we will have to wait and see what happens.

Untill the end of the summer there isnt really a good indicator of who's a team to watch. Teams could be desimated in the summer i think most squads in this league will have a fair turn over of players. The teams taht come down will all ways fancy there chances - didnt we so many years ago but by christmas realisation wil probably have struck home

I think Charlton will remain in the lower leagues where they came from. It will be a very mediocre league next year, with most clubs trying to manage on a shoestring. Bristol Rovers and Southend could be in with a shout.

I think Charlton will remain in the lower leagues where they came from. It will be a very mediocre league next year, with most clubs trying to manage on a shoestring. Bristol Rovers and Southend could be in with a shout.

all depends on who is still in this division from this season out of the current top 6.

if leeds n posh fail to go up i expect them to be stronger next season

out of the teams that look like they will be in this league,we have a very good chance of sucess..dependant on who is manager.

And Huddersfield & Notts Forrest

Charlton will be with us in L1 (assuming that;s where we stay!) for a good while - there parachute payments do indeed finish after this season - they are still paying off Dowie & Pardew / they have at least 6 or 7 loan players in their current 1st team who will be going back to their parent clubs & their home gates have been falling all season.....they will revert back to the little family club they came from; but admin is avery real threat for them.

I expect whoever misses out in the playoff to build again over the summer; be it Millwall, Leeds, Posh, Scunny or MK & be strong next term.

As someone else said, Hudds will again throw money at it, have 5 or 6 new faces in - then probably do nothing with it!

Think the teams coming up from L2 will struggle a tad more than recent sides coming up have done - finances wise & attracting new players wise too - I expect the 3 promoted teams to be lower half of the table next season; no more Posh & MK type top 6 shenanagans!!

As for us - who knows - depends on so many factors:

Who's the manager

Which of the current players are retained

what sort of quality is brought in player wise

how many season ticket holder renew / what budget is given to the manager

how many babies AH has eaten pre-season................

We could be anywhere from bottom to top at any stage of the next season; because its too difficult to predict as there are too many unknown entities that have to resolved before we know where we're at.

As always with Latics- should be an interesting ride & never the simple way!!!!!!!