was purple nose at the game?

Well at least you've shown your true colours, although bravely stopped short of saying you joined in

I wasnt even there...

I was at the national....

I didn't defend either view point. I merely showed the battle that is happening within football grounds between this new way of thinking within grounds, so how have I showed my colours ? :lol:

I take my nephew to the games and sit around a lot of kids... I dont think me shouting that sort of stuff would go down well :)

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt even there...

I was at the national....

I didn't defend either view point. I merely showed the battle that is happening within football grounds between this new way of thinking within grounds, so how have I showed my colours ? :lol:

I take my nephew to the games and sit around a lot of kids... I dont think me shouting that sort of stuff would go down well :)

You've done what you usually do on here, took one part of a topic and stirred it big style. So show your colours then, if your nephew wasn't there, and it was sung, would you have joined in?

I might disagree with your opinion but I'd rather you had the courage to have one.

You've done what you usually do on here, took one part of a topic and stirred it big style. So show your colours then, if your nephew wasn't there, and it was sung, would you have joined in?

I might disagree with your opinion but I'd rather you had the courage to have one.

:lol:

What a load of rubbish!! I must be the most opinionated person on here!! Surely no one would disagree with that :)

My own personal view point is if you take a away these elements then football becomes merely a product... and a product not worth paying for...

So I think some amount of abuse is fun... but their is a limit... the comments aimed at his mother certainly start to explore those limits... But its a fact that 20 years ago no one would of battered an eye at those types of comments.. Hence my comments above...

So i am firmly in the middle to be frank... I think if your in the family area then watch what you say... Outside of that...have a little fun :D

Edited by oafc0000

:grin:

beggars belief doesn't it :unsure:

Um, maybe I should've posted a "+1" rather than a " :lol: "

This internet lark is bloody confusing these days - when I was a lad it was all in black and white, there were only 5 pages, and four of them had flashing Comic Sans titles on them...

Um, maybe I should've posted a "+1" rather than a " :lol: "

This internet lark is bloody confusing these days - when I was a lad it was all in black and white, there were only 5 pages, and four of them had flashing Comic Sans titles on them...

So why not just come out and say what you mean? I'm the same, can't be arsed with smiley messages etc. As a moderator I'd be interested in your views please.

So why not just come out and say what you mean? I'm the same, can't be arsed with smiley messages etc. As a moderator I'd be interested in your views please.

In plain English? I simply agree with Zorrro - the burden of proof is with those that are singing such slander.

For the rest of it? I doubt any grievences are raised mind, however I think it's a :censored:e state of affairs in this day and age when 50 knobs like to sing such a dreadful thing about somebodys Mum. State of the nation I suppose, no respect, parenting gone to feck, teachers no power in the classroom, yadda, yadda, yadda....

In plain English? I simply agree with Zorrro - the burden of proof is with those that are singing such slander.

For the rest of it? I doubt any grievences are raised mind, however I think it's a :censored:e state of affairs in this day and age when 50 knobs like to sing such a dreadful thing about somebodys Mum. State of the nation I suppose, no respect, parenting gone to feck, teachers no power in the classroom, yadda, yadda, yadda....

Why you say that ? Its not a new thing...

I started watching in the 80's and can remember much worse being sang... From what other people say the 60's / 70's where even worse...

If anything the situation has dramatically improved...

Edited by oafc0000

I suppose it's improved from the aspect of taking the family to the game, I guess you're right there. I wouldn't take my boys if there wasn't a facility for their safekeeping in the stadium.

But it doesn't mean just because there is a location to sit away from the singing section, that the chants are right...

I suppose it's improved from the aspect of taking the family to the game, I guess you're right there. I wouldn't take my boys if there wasn't a facility for their safekeeping in the stadium.

I say live and let live...

I take my nephew to the game now.. I no longer sit near the away fans, drink heavily and give everyone from the referee to the away fans a bit of abuse\banter :)

I simply sit at the other side of the ground with the kids and enjoy a different type of game. My nephew is always chuckling at some of the things the choir sing and to be frank it really dose no harm. He knows the score that the football is a bit of a different world than normal life and he knows not to go saying this stuff away from the football. Same as me when I was a kid...

As long as each side respect certain boundary's I don't think its all that big of an issue...

Edited by oafc0000

Why you say that ? Its not a new thing...

I started watching in the 80's and can remember much worse being sang... From what other people say the 60's / 70's where even worse...

If anything the situation has dramatically improved...

In reply to both - thanks Rummy, I agree with your points

in response to your memory 0000 - although violence was much worse, on and off the pitch, trust me the type of personal abuse in far worse these days. In the 70's/80's it was all about fans fighting and insulting each other.

In reply to both - thanks Rummy, I agree with your points

in response to your memory 0000 - although violence was much worse, on and off the pitch, trust me the type of personal abuse in far worse these days. In the 70's/80's it was all about fans fighting and insulting each other.

This stuff has been sang in football grounds from well back to the 60's and much worse... Please don't insult anyone intelligence to suggest otherwise...

Like I have said before...calling somones mum a whore is probably going too far though... Mums should always be respected :)

This stuff has been sang in football grounds from well back to the 60's and much worse... Please don't insult anyone intelligence to suggest otherwise...

Like I have said before...calling somones mum a whore is probably going too far though... Mums should always be respected :)

I think it's just your intelligence. Never mind eh.