Welcome the four new Pros

Second-year scholars, goalkeeper Josh Ollerenshaw, defender Liam Dawson, midfielder Chris Rowney and striker Ryan Brooke have been awarded professional contracts for next season, but midfielder Nathan Kilcourse has been released.

Profiles of the four:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1616571,00.html

Second-year scholars, goalkeeper Josh Ollerenshaw, defender Liam Dawson, midfielder Chris Rowney and striker Ryan Brooke have been awarded professional contracts for next season, but midfielder Nathan Kilcourse has been released.

Profiles of the four:

That's Josh Bell out then (no point in having two youngsters warming the stands in case of an injury). Not a surprise to see Ryan Brooke be awarded a contract and I could see him playing if we have any more injuries up front- he could probably do a better job than some of the people we've had on loan here at any rate.

That's Josh Bell out then (no point in having two youngsters warming the stands in case of an injury). Not a surprise to see Ryan Brooke be awarded a contract and I could see him playing if we have any more injuries up front- he could probably do a better job than some of the people we've had on loan here at any rate.

Today's "new Pros" = tomorrow's "boo boy's target for not having an immediate impact Debutantes"

Just call me cynical. :wink:

Well done and good luck lads.

Today's "new Pros" = tomorrow's "boo boy's target for not having an immediate impact Debutantes"

are you sure?

one of the few redeeming features of the average Oldham fan nowadays seems to be unconditional support for homegrown talent (at least for their first 2 seasons or so :unsure: )

Well done and good luck lads.

Totally agree. I remember on Smalleys debut a guy behind called him :censored:e, and he constantly calls Lewi its shocking.

Look whats happened to Eardley and booing, he has been the most degraded player this season and since the constant booing and jeers he hasnt look liked he has give a sh*te

I will joing you in the cynicality

Totally agree. I remember on Smalleys debut a guy behind called him :censored:e, and he constantly calls Lewi its shocking.

Look whats happened to Eardley and booing, he has been the most degraded player this season and since the constant booing and jeers he hasnt look liked he has give a sh*te

Eardley got a very easy ride for two seasons and has largely been awful this year.

Well it looks like the guy behind you could see in to the future!!

Well it looks like the guy behind you could see in to the future!!

Yeh so he is rough round the edges but thisis a league 1 club, we have seen any talent we have is snapped up so we should be grateful to have youth coming through, what do you expect the new Maradonna to come through the ranks,

one of the onyl things I agreed with Ronnie was that some fans still think we are in the prem

Profiles of the four:

Dawson's looked impressive when i've watched him - composed on the ball & has bagged a few too. He's left-pegged so has slotted in a LB too, as opposed to his usual CB role; which offers promise as its been a problem position of ours since Chris Armstrong left us.

Rowney is a little terrier in CM, never stops running & is pacey as hell. Has gone into RB for the ressies when needed too.

Brooke looks a real prospect - him & Eaves play well together. Eaves the 'Porter' figure & Brooke playing off him; often drifting out to the channels & then cutting in to great effect.

The 'Keeper i've only seen play twice; the other lad (White?) was playig the other times. Looked ok; didn't have alot to do really - but he is bloody big, well over 6ft & looks pretty filled out too - big lad!

I'd join TP in saying that it's not inconseivable that 1 or more of these lads will be featuring at points next season; what with the decreased squad & a coming reliance on home-grown youth players. My money will be on Brooke; from the bench i'd guess to start with - but as someone said above, i think he'd do just aswell as Oremorod & Byfield & Kabba have for us (that is until the 'fans' start to turn on him for not scoring 25 by xmas!)

Finally, Kilcourse; good luck in whatever you do in the future, be that in or out of the game.

Sly.

Edited by slystallone

Hallelujah. Should have been done a long time ago rather than paying an, albeit small, wage out so the reserves can have a keeper for their five games a year.

Brooke looks a real prospect - him & Eaves play well together. Eaves the 'Porter' figure & Brooke playing off him; often drifting out to the channels & then cutting in to great effect.

Is Eaves a first-year scholar?

Yeh so he is rough round the edges but thisis a league 1 club, we have seen any talent we have is snapped up so we should be grateful to have youth coming through, what do you expect the new Maradonna to come through the ranks,

one of the onyl things I agreed with Ronnie was that some fans still think we are in the prem

I don't expect a Maradonna, I just think he is no better than he was two years ago.

Yes this is league 1 and he doesn't even look good at this level. He's not as good as Tipton was at the same age and look at what bigger and better things he want on to achive.

I hope he proves me wrong as I don't have anything against the lad, he always gives 100%.

I don't expect a Maradonna, I just think he is no better than he was two years ago.

Yes this is league 1 and he doesn't even look good at this level. He's not as good as Tipton was at the same age and look at what bigger and better things he want on to achive.

I hope he proves me wrong as I don't have anything against the lad, he always gives 100%.

Ok well thats your opinion but personally I think he scares the **** out of defenders when he runs at them and if he could work on his final ball he will be great, a poor mans Lennon:) lol