Hughes On The Bench For Blackpool

Linky

There is a part of me that thinks he will earn less playing in the Championship over the next two seasons than he would signing that contract Latics offered him.

Assuming he can find a Championship club that will offer him a contract.

We may have got away with having an expensive substitute ourselves.

Ideally he won't score for the rest of the season and will sign a new deal with us although not on those terms we originally offered him.

From what I hear (totally unconfirmed sauce) Joe doesn't want him.

Given his half-hearted approach to the game since January, apparent decline in physique and loss of pace, don't think I do either.

Edited by opinions4u

Joe's actions would suggest that was the case.

story is on training pitch joe said to lee im letting the kids play next game lee didnt like it and threw the hole training session took the piss out of joe royal joe disapears for a while comes back at end of session says to lee pack ur bags ur going blackpool Cya

I really wanted him to sign at Christmas because I thought it might be the only way to keep him, and our hopes of promotion, alive. Even then I wondered if we couldn't do better with the money if we'd sold him and wasn't sure he would be a force in 2 years time. Overall I think we might have got off an expensive mistake there, the head ruled the heart and got it right.

I really wanted him to sign at Christmas because I thought it might be the only way to keep him, and our hopes of promotion, alive. Even then I wondered if we couldn't do better with the money if we'd sold him and wasn't sure he would be a force in 2 years time. Overall I think we might have got off an expensive mistake there, the head ruled the heart and got it right.

errr he scored 18 goals ithink he was worth it with better service he would have got more also a stable partner upfront im sorry but thay got rid of him for his attitude outside the pitch not what was going on it.

errr he scored 18 goals ithink he was worth it with better service he would have got more also a stable partner upfront im sorry but thay got rid of him for his attitude outside the pitch not what was going on it.

That's why I wanted him here for this season :unsure:

Reading between the lines I would say Hughes has gone for good. If you go to OS and look @ player profiles he is no longer listed........but Chris O grady is even though he is on loan.........................hmmmmmm..

It doesn't really take much reading in the lines to come to that conclusion really does it, Its pretty safe to say he's gone

cant say i will miss that goal celebration, it was embarrasing, not to mention all the boo-ing from opposing fans. :blush:

Interesting a lot of people keep saying "with more service he would have scored more" I think the fact is the other players were sick of him and stopped providing as many chances for him. Think we are better of rid lets see who Joe brings in.

Interesting a lot of people keep saying "with more service he would have scored more" I think the fact is the other players were sick of him and stopped providing as many chances for him. Think we are better of rid lets see who Joe brings in.

well it shows then if that is the case that our lads are dumb to not supply a person that will score you goals and move upto a better league because you dont like them is perfetic.