Couldn't give a shiny :censored:e about Leeds losing, we should be more concerned how our club has become become an utter embarrassment.

Give over! We played a line up that was obviously partly experimental, and were far the superior footballing team . Yes we lack a cutting edge, Joe knows that and it will be a priority for next season. Did easily enough to have won - Smalley blew up after 65mins, as did Lee.

read what Royle says on OS. Knows a lot more than you!

Yep, a most boring afternoon at BP. Anyone who coughed up £20 today deserves a medal.

Lee was ok however I don't think he was the answer at any point this season. Wolfy was his usual self....didn't get a kick. Not really much else to say although I barely watched it in all honesty. I wasn't even slightly bothered when they equalised, other than to feel sorry for Joe.

I'm totally disillusioned with Latics now which is worrying because I'm normally full of blind optimism. Hopefully this will be cured come pre-season, but I'm just not sure. I reckon I'l force another season IF Joe stays otherwise I reckon I'll call it a day. Looking at the Chaddy today was depressing....

fait comment however if we all did what you are thinking about then the option of coming back to bp will be lost forever...at least you could go to manchester united....or manchester city

Give over! We played a line up that was obviously partly experimental, and were far the superior footballing team . Yes we lack a cutting edge, Joe knows that and it will be a priority for next season. Did easily enough to have won - Smalley blew up after 65mins, as did Lee.

read what Royle says on OS. Knows a lot more than you!

With the continuing presence of Steve Kabba, I'm beginning to wonder.

1st half, plenty of energy, plenty of 'positional interchange', (a term that some of the non footballers on here will not have a feckin clue!!)

2nd half, no tempo, no desire to win, the substitutions made us look a very poor 1 paced side.

Lee showed what he did at their place - good until faded - need to see him more....good footballer

Taylor looked dangerous 1st half

Good to see Eardley given a chance to get forward

Smalley......show more please..believe in y'self...

Greags.....good influence....

After all that, if the side that finished today, is the basis of next year then we are in for a long season!!!!

Edited by futchers briefs

in all fairness he couldnt really get rid of kabba,considering he is on a deal to end of season,and the only striker with any sort of experience,smalley isnt a striker,niether is taylor,however he wants to try different things and different approaches.

its not always going to work,but when your hands are tied so to speak,what the hell you expect him to do.

dont you like rubes or something??? scored today

and on the whole,over the full course of the season,has been pretty good considering the form of some players,the only thing i would of done different is to not have given him his contract so early,his form went after that as though comfortable.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON!!! - Would've been ****** without Reuben this season...

But he won't win it coz Gregan has this thing about him where a lot of his biggest fans can't see the mistakes he makes. However...he did have a good game today to be fair...bar the end...

PLAYER OF THE SEASON!!! - Would've been ****** without Reuben this season...

But he won't win it coz Gregan has this thing about him where a lot of his biggest fans can't see the mistakes he makes. However...he did have a good game today to be fair...bar the end...

I dont think anyone is standout this season for it which may just sums up our inconsistant season.

I agree that Kabba has been :censored:, but, Joe's giving him games to see if there's anything to change his mind on that...as in, would he be worth a punt in the summer. As it is, obviously not but who knows...he might bag one and then score another 3 before the seasons out. He's here, we're paying the wages and we've got next season, pre-season and tapes from this season to see others games in the shirt. Ala Lewis, Smalley etc. With nothing to play for, I've no problem with us persisting with Kabba...either way, I certainly don't think it's any indication on Royle's abilities.

I dont think anyone is standout this season for it which may just sums up our inconsistant season.

True...but as Hazell is one of the most consistent performers and has been here through the :censored: Gregan brought about, through the RB problems and through the Hines and Budtz show...I personally think we'dve been utterly sunk without Hazell. Just a shame I'm a lone voice on this...seems you've gotta have a swagger, a loud mouth and a bit of class (which Gregan has at times, but loses in style at other times) to be some peoples player of the season.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I agree that Kabba has been :censored:, but, Joe's giving him games to see if there's anything to change his mind on that...as in, would he be worth a punt in the summer. As it is, obviously not but who knows...he might bag one and then score another 3 before the seasons out. He's here, we're paying the wages and we've got next season, pre-season and tapes from this season to see others games in the shirt. Ala Lewis, Smalley etc. With nothing to play for, I've no problem with us persisting with Kabba...either way, I certainly don't think it's any indication on Royle's abilities.

i cant see kabba being here next season to be honest,even if he does bag 3 or 4 with the games left.

its interesting the read joes comments regarding todays game,theat the players should know the cross is going to come in,but dont react to it,as there not thinking goals.

one thing to be said is,when we had the likes of ritchie marshal bunn palmer up front,and wide man like adams holden eyres etc,the strikers just new the cross would come in and that they would havea very good chance of being on the end of it.

that is the kind of mental awareness that joe can teach the strikers about and coach them on,and that is very evidentally sadly lacking.

if you look at todays squad,you just dont see where the definate goal/s are going to come from.

and again on the little squad(height) we dont threaten at set pieces enough,again another thing we used to score a lot from in past seasons.

True...but as Hazell is one of the most consistent performers and has been here through the :censored: Gregan brought about, through the RB problems and through the Hines and Budtz show...I personally think we'dve been utterly sunk without Hazell. Just a shame I'm a lone voice on this...seems you've gotta have a swagger, a loud mouth and a bit of class (which Gregan has at times, but loses in style at other times) to be some peoples player of the season.

For me its Rubes or Taylor. The thing for me with Rubes is the amount of F**k ups hes done this season - he doesnt just make a mistake, he gives the opposition a free goal. It might just be me but it seems like its happened quite a few times this season.

For me its Rubes or Taylor. The thing for me with Rubes is the amount of F**k ups hes done this season - he doesnt just make a mistake, he gives the opposition a free goal. It might just be me but it seems like its happened quite a few times this season.

Sorry but I don't class that at Yeovil as a gifted goal...that was Fleming's fault. Just as it was Supples when Eardley did that vs Posh...the keeper has to stay back and let his defender play it back...not get caught in no mans land. The only big :censored: up of Rubes' was vs Colchester. His glaring errors have been very few and far between. No qualms with Taylor winning the POTS award either...just don't think Greegs should get it. For on field performances and to be honest, well, I don't think his off-field performances warrant it either.

i cant see kabba being here next season to be honest,even if he does bag 3 or 4 with the games left.

its interesting the read joes comments regarding todays game,theat the players should know the cross is going to come in,but dont react to it,as there not thinking goals.

one thing to be said is,when we had the likes of ritchie marshal bunn palmer up front,and wide man like adams holden eyres etc,the strikers just new the cross would come in and that they would havea very good chance of being on the end of it.

that is the kind of mental awareness that joe can teach the strikers about and coach them on,and that is very evidentally sadly lacking.

if you look at todays squad,you just dont see where the definate goal/s are going to come from.

and again on the little squad(height) we dont threaten at set pieces enough,again another thing we used to score a lot from in past seasons.

Lol...just started off a post about Joes' comments about "we don't think goals" and at the same time, you're writing exactly what I was in mine. Spot on....big big comments those from Joe tonight.

Lol...just started off a post about Joes' comments about "we don't think goals" and at the same time, you're writing exactly what I was in mine. Spot on....big big comments those from Joe tonight.

hahaha,just posted on it...but it really does hit the nail on the head.

again with player of the season,rubes for me as well....

greegan gets a lot of respect and good comments and that,but rubes goes about it quietly and efficiently,and other than colchester,hasnt really given too much away,again like last season.

i just hope who ever wins it this season,if here next season do a hell of a lot better than last seasons winner,otherwise it will be seen as a poisoned chalice.

plenty of 'positional interchange'

Actually, the amount of it was exceptional in the first half.

Not sure if it was planned or whether it developed around Kieron Lee's desire to drift in to the centre, but it happened, other players plugged the gaps and we looked quite good for it.

Not saying the movement of the ball was wonderfully fluent while it was going on, but it's one of those changes that will reap dividends as they get better at it.

Additionally, Whitaker's corners have been miles better since Joe came in.

i just hope who ever wins it this season,if here next season do a hell of a lot better than last seasons winner,otherwise it will be seen as a poisoned chalice.

Absolutely spot on...and here's a thought for you...(which I've said a few times lately since Friday)...

If Joes still here next season, I would not be suprised if Allott wasn't! Not saying I don't want him here (for me, would be as back up)...but I could see him not being here.

Absolutely spot on...and here's a thought for you...(which I've said a few times lately since Friday)...

If Joes still here next season, I would not be suprised if Allott wasn't! Not saying I don't want him here (for me, would be as back up)...but I could see him not being here.

i have to agree...

also i have been very vocal about whittaker a lot this season and how badly he has played since end of september,and i have to say he is improving week after week under joe,something i didnt think he would do,and if you asked me a few weeks ago who to let go first(after lidds) it would of been whittacker, however maybe with a new coach and new ideas and a decent pre season he may just get back to how he was.

we are defo missing the creative spark,but we are also missing that bit of steel,someone who not only puts there foot on the ball,but puts there foot in full stop,and isnt affraid to challenge.

im looking forward to next season on the quiet,cant say it too loud or the negatives will wipe the floor with me,lol

im looking forward to next season on the quiet,cant say it too loud or the negatives will wipe the floor with me,lol

Although I think we're close in opinion on the team of late...I, for one, can wait. Lol...this season has been utterly disappointing and while I think there'll be changes, for me, a lot depends on us getting the new investment. Without it, I don't think next season will be anything to look forward to. Another worry is, should we get that investement...then the following applies...which again, couldn't ring more true after today...

Think this leads nicely back to my comments the other night...whereby we've given plaudits to this back line yet we've still leaked some horrible goals this season and never once looked tight at the back. Not sure what the answer is but I left that Tranmere game feeling maybe we need to rip out the back line and start again. I hope it's merely more to do with "The Unit" and Royle gets them playing as one coz this season, they've been far, far, far from a good, solid, unit and more like decent individuals who've done nothing but cover for each others mistakes. That back line needs to not make those mistakes in the first place...easy to say, but it's my biggest concern going into the new season coz like you say...those 3 (Eardley, Gregan and Hazell) will most likely make up the majority of the 4 next season.
Edited by boundaryblue80