• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen the text with my own eyes. No alleged about it for me. Not the first time it was said either.

Would have a pretty good guess at who said it, without naming names and being very cryptic with my clue......all I'll say is......a long forgotten Milk Advert.....

If you get who I mean, PM me if you would :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

No, I'm sure there's others he'd like to ignore too. :lol:

I knew about the ignore function but I don't use it - the people I'd ignore are the only reason I come here... :wink:

I find it hard to understand the mentality of people who can only bear to hear what they want to hear, especially when, on internet boards, the 'innocuous' threads outnumber anything containing more contentious opinion by at least several dozen to one at any one time.

The accusation of repetition is invalid, too. Everybody, whether happy clapper or gloomer, repeats what are in essence more or less the same few arguments ad infinitum. Just as in real life, in fact. The person who has something entirely new to say every day has never been born.

I find it hard to understand the mentality of people who can only bear to hear what they want to hear, especially when, on internet boards, the 'innocuous' threads outnumber anything containing more contentious opinion by at least several dozen to one at any one time.

The accusation of repetition is invalid, too. Everybody, whether happy clapper or gloomer, repeats what are in essence more or less the same few arguments ad infinitum. Just as in real life, in fact. The person who has something entirely new to say every day has never been born.

Dunno...I think Ian Dowie has a pretty good go at it!

PS I'd never use the filter...bit cowardice to do so...might as well wrap yourself up in cotton wool and not step outside the front door too if other people are so, so hard to take!

QUOTE (Corporal_Jones @ Apr 17 2009, 15:04 PM)

Dunno...I think Ian Dowie has a pretty good go at it!

PS I'd never use the filter...bit cowardice to do so...might as well wrap yourself up in cotton wool and not step outside the front door too if other people are so, so hard to take!

In summary, you two seem to be saying you log into OWTB to read each others posts :lol:

So you both either a) Need to get out more or b ) Get a room!! :wink:

Seriously, I also could not use the ignore button. It's good to have your views challenged.

I read newspapers of apposing viewpoints to my own to challenge me, and see how they report the same subject or story.

Edited by singe

QUOTE (Corporal_Jones @ Apr 17 2009, 15:04 PM)

In summary, you two seem to be saying you log into OWTB to read each others posts :lol:

So you both either a) Need to get out more or b ) Get a room!! :wink:

Seriously, I also could not use the ignore button. It's good to have your views challenged.

I read newspapers of apposing viewpoints to my own to challenge me, and see how they report the same subject or story.

Haha...far from it...but we have done this dance two or three times over a season. Healthy debate...