Nice twist...is this the latest record?

No...my point being "fans" call for money and stability. They got that...yet after a season, put it on the bonfire. As you've noted (between RM and the Shez season) there were a good number (Cecere being one of many) who then still didn't turn up once the Messiah was installed. But then gradually did...then we did the Shez meander for the 3 years. Their Messiah didn't work and now, hey presto, something they afforded one manager and not another still has got us :censored:ing nowhere!!! And guess what...these little mites now want to do the walk again...and worst of all, they're being joined by more people who never did walk after RM but had the same view.

These are the people we're talking about aren't we CJ? These who won't turn out. These that TTA are tired of and think "why the :censored: should we stick any more money of ours in when they can walk so easily...after all they've demanded and got?"

Just for the record seen as I've been mentioned in this thread; I didn't want Shez sacked and didn't stop coming when he left even though he was apparently my messiah.

Apologies but I can't make the Southend game as I'm on holiday if that's ok by you........ I'll get a note from my Dad to prove it if you like.

Ronnie Moore was and still is one of the reasons football is dying on it's arse because it's just not entertaining anymore. Flair has gone and players are like robots going through the motions with no passion or comittment. Where are all the Rick Holden's and Andy Ritchie's? Players who you would pay your entrance fee alone to watch just for that one occasion in the 90 minutes when they took your breath away. Ronnie Moore and like minded managers (Warnock, Allen etc) produce teams in this mold and I just don't want to watch it week in week out. It killed me to see my team playing that :censored:. This is one reason why people say they don't like the matchday experience at BP anymore. It's boring.

Well that's my opinion anyway, I know we're not really allowed to have one that's not the same as yours because we are all idiots but there you go..........

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's boring.

I think that tiny statement sums up Latics at where we are now in 2009. There's no hope being produced on and off the pitch from the staff and the fan's alike. Like Saturday's performance, the players should of had it drummed into them that the fan's had paid money to come and see them and with the very good wages they pick up they should learn to understand that.

Big Joe said in his first interview, the same face's are still here from when I left and I thought someone would of broken in and re-decorated in that time.Thats the problem, were still back in 1995 twiddling our thumbs and haven't started a new chapter yet. The club's turned stale and I think along with your average part time supporter your going to get more loyal fan's getting sick and tired with the club and walking away whether you like it or not. Opinions have been raised on here previously on how to win back fan's but nothing ever gets done so I think the only way to get through to the club is to show that with your feet.

Look, there's 2 months before season tickets are on sale and the club really needs to stop the Oldham fan's from walking away at a time when it's probably the easiest to so. They need to speak to the fan's directly, use their brain and think of ways of making coming to BP more enjoyable. Bickering between fan's isnt going to get us anywhere so instead of moaning about why fan's shouldnt leave they should think of idea's of keeping them here (Hopefully they'll listen this time). Better and winning football would obviously get them back but look at the averages in our league and we should be competing with teams like Tranmere and Swindon who get 6-7k yet were more like Northampton and Orient who barely get 5k nowadays.

Just for the record seen as I've been mentioned in this thread; I didn't want Shez sacked and didn't stop coming when he left even though he was apparently my messiah.

Apologies but I can't make the Southend game as I'm on holiday if that's ok by you........ I'll get a note from my Dad to prove it if you like.

Ronnie Moore was and still is one of the reasons football is dying on it's arse because it's just not entertaining anymore. Flair has gone and players are like robots going through the motions with no passion or comittment. Where are all the Rick Holden's and Andy Ritchie's? Players who you would pay your entrance fee alone to watch just for that one occasion in the 90 minutes when they took your breath away. Ronnie Moore and like minded managers (Warnock, Allen etc) produce teams in this mold and I just don't want to watch it week in week out. It killed me to see my team playing that :censored:. This is one reason why people say they don't like the matchday experience at BP anymore. It's boring.

Well that's my opinion anyway, I know we're not really allowed to have one that's not the same as yours because we are all idiots but there you go..........

Your whole post being made null and void by the fact Shez played "that :censored:" bar 4 or 5 months of some decent stuff! And I think if you read back...I was highlighting the fact you walked after Ronnie...and took others to tell ya how good the football was at first under Shez, for you to come back! After the fact, you (and others) walking forced TTA to act and sack the previous guy. Bit spineless to still need convincing to come back and support Shez...

Edited by boundaryblue80

So how does it fit into your argument that a large portion wanted RM out, yet less renewed and returned??? The majority got what they called for but didn't back it up by coming in through the gates. And others drifted away while Shez fritted our chances away...the man, those remaining, called for to replace the previous man. With more threatening to do so now that's gone tits up.

I don't think our "fans" have helped ourselves one single bit in this "stagnation" you talk about. But they seem blameless in your summising...Not for me! It's time for them to stand up and be counted! That's my point that I think you're deliberately misconstruing, in order to class it simply as "frustration at opinions you dislike on boards"...

I don't know. Throughout the argument I've simply outlined what I think are the reasons for falling attendances at BP. I can't pretend to know what a majority of supporters thought about Ronnie. Certainly you could sense the discontent, much of which was expressed on various internet forums, but I'm not sure that necessarily means that any but a sizeable vociferous section of the home crowd was against him. Furthermore, not all of those articulating their complaints on the 'net even called for the appointment of Sheridan, even if some expressed satisfaction at his appointment. In my opinion the managers made very little difference to a malaise at the club which had already begun, and which I've tried to describe in this thread.

Your whole post being made null and void by the fact Shez played "that :censored:" bar 4 or 5 months of some decent stuff! And I think if you read back...I was highlighting the fact you walked after Ronnie...and took others to tell ya how good the football was at first under Shez, for you to come back! After the fact, you (and others) walking forced TTA to act and sack the previous guy. Bit spineless to still need convincing to come back and support Shez...

Well I can't argue with you that we did still play a fair amount of :censored: under Shez, but I think there was always an intention to try to play the game in the right way. With Ronnie he had his Plan A and the team should never deviate from it; and that style was and is god awful.

Well clearly if I wasn't going then I was reliant on others telling me how good it was wasn't I! How would I know Shez was going to play decent football before he took charge of the team?

Just to add to the doom and gloom! It looks like only 1 out of the 5 people i regularly go with will be renewing their season tickets next year, and I would have classed all 5 of us as die hard fans. It is the first time I wont have had a season ticket for 12 years. Going to watch the football at Boundary Park just doesnt have the lure it used to. Yes the footballs crap, but its not just that, the whole matchday experience is IMO dire and not a fun way to spend a saturday afternoon like it always used to be. The just seems to be a constant negative atmosphere hanging over the club and I cant quite pinpoint why, probably because it is a multitude of things! I have had a horrible feeling for a while that the club is slowly dying on its arse, unless by some miracle we get some serious investment, and it seems a few on here think the same by looking at some of the posts. Unless something drastically changes I predict some grim times ahead :(

if you dont renew your season ticket then the chance of this happening is greater

if you dont renew your season ticket then the chance of this happening is greater

Whether I personally renew or not is not going to have a big effect on things. I am certainly not going to guilt trip myself into buying a season ticket in order to stop potential bad times ahead. £300 plus is a lot of money to spend on something I dont particularly enjoy at the moment.

Whether I personally renew or not is not going to have a big effect on things. I am certainly not going to guilt trip myself into buying a season ticket in order to stop potential bad times ahead. £300 plus is a lot of money to spend on something I dont particularly enjoy at the moment.

Many people may think this tho and this is where the problem is and you are helping to cause it

Many people may think this tho and this is where the problem is and you are helping to cause it

You shouldn't blame one fan for, one: 15 years of steady decline which has come down to this point, and two: others not buying.

I'm sure they have reasons too, but your frustration should not be taken out of these fans.

By the way what do you get that eveybody else doesn't with their season ticket, because the deals that I know of aren't worth 300+ sheets.

...and another thing. The fans that have gone to the games regularly in Div3 and for time in Div2 should be given a little more room. It's not easy going to matches these days when there's a general apathy about BP on the pitch, and it don't help none when fans allegedly get text messages from players saying that the same fans take it (Oldham Athletic) too seriously.

Well I tell you what - maybe just maybe those fans are serious about not bothering either.

The club is bleeding once more...

...and another thing. The fans that have gone to the games regularly in Div3 and for time in Div2 should be given a little more room. It's not easy going to matches these days when there's a general apathy about BP on the pitch, and it don't help none when fans allegedly get text messages from players saying that the same fans take it (Oldham Athletic) too seriously.

Well I tell you what - maybe just maybe those fans are serious about not bothering either.

If that is true said texter needs outing, carrying aloft to the boardroom, then carrying out the club with P45 to hand and dumped in the street. This is exactly the same attitude we've seen to often on the pitch by too many.

haha sorry i havent been to bed so im not too accurate. i was trying to say that I dont think there is anything wrong with a player suggesting that some fans are too extreme with their views, for example, concerning too much criticism

WTF ??????? :ranting:

There really does seem to be no hope when then fans take this view... If I told my customers your taking it too serious I wonder what would happen...

WTF ??????? :ranting:

There really does seem to be no hope when then fans take this view... If I told my customers your taking it too serious I wonder what would happen...

If you consider yourself as a customer with football then there is a problem and you are probably going to find yourself dissapointed mostly. Think about the situation from the opinion of a player, if they are discouraged by the attitude of supporters then the supporters are making a problem and so they should stop being so

If you consider yourself as a customer with football then there is a problem and you are probably going to find yourself dissapointed mostly. Think about the situation from the opinion of a player, if they are discouraged by the attitude of supporters then the supporters are making a problem and so they should stop being so

I dont consider myself a customer... but the players should have some bloody respect that we pay towards their wages and we expect them to the game seriously!!!

pah...going to stop speaking to you...I get the feeling your just some sort of troll...

It's not easy going to matches these days when there's a general apathy about BP on the pitch, and it don't help none when fans allegedly get text messages from players saying that the same fans take it (Oldham Athletic) too seriously.

Seen the text with my own eyes. No alleged about it for me. Not the first time it was said either.

I dont consider myself a customer... but the players should have some bloody respect that we pay towards their wages and we expect them to the game seriously!!!

pah...going to stop speaking to you...I get the feeling your just some sort of troll...

haha you come across as posessing some pathetic characteristics

the players do have respect that we pay towards their wages and they do take the game seriously. I guess you dont know much about football if you think otherwise

and it don't help none when fans allegedly get text messages from players saying that the same fans take it (Oldham Athletic) too seriously

Seen the text with my own eyes. No alleged about it for me. Not the first time it was said either.

haha you come across as posessing some pathetic characteristics

the players do have respect that we pay towards their wages and they do take the game seriously. I guess you dont know much about football if you think otherwise

Oops-a-daisy...