a question for referees

On Saturday an incident occurred during a Lancs amateur league match......I'd be interested to hear/see what any qualified refes out there would do..

The attacking team have a corner, which is taken then cleared by the defending team..... the ball is 25 yards from goal and the attacking teams full back is just about to shoot/put the ball back into the box, when a defender, rushing out from his own box, shouts "boo!"

Would you take any action and what would it be - I'd have called it right - i'll let you know the refs decision after a few answers have come in... :wink:

Cheers.

The attacking team would get a free kick and the player who shouted "boo" should be booked for unsporting behaviour.

Funny you should bring this up, i got away with near enough the same thing the other week. I was running towards my own goal and the cross came in and it was obvious that the attacker was about to get to the ball before me and it was coming in the air. I shouted at the top of my voice "Chaddy's ball" right behind him, i obviously put him off and he miss hit it. He complained to the ref who then bollocked me for unsporting behaviour but didnt book me as i pretended i honestly didnt know what i had done wrong. ^_^

The attacking team would get a free kick and the player who shouted "boo" should be booked for unsporting behaviour.

Funny you should bring this up, i got away with near enough the same thing the other week. I was running towards my own goal and the cross came in and it was obvious that the attacker was about to get to the ball before me and it was coming in the air. I shouted at the top of my voice "Chaddy's ball" right behind him, i obviously put him off and he miss hit it. He complained to the ref who then bollocked me for unsporting behaviour but didnt book me as i pretended i honestly didnt know what i had done wrong. ^_^

If you are challenging for a ball and use a name, you are within the laws of the game. Shouting boo or any other random word isn't.

On Saturday an incident occurred during a Lancs amateur league match......I'd be interested to hear/see what any qualified refes out there would do..

The attacking team have a corner, which is taken then cleared by the defending team..... the ball is 25 yards from goal and the attacking teams full back is just about to shoot/put the ball back into the box, when a defender, rushing out from his own box, shouts "boo!"

Would you take any action and what would it be - I'd have called it right - i'll let you know the refs decision after a few answers have come in... :wink:

Cheers.

The attacking fullback should be soundly beaten by his team mates for being a complete fanny, in allowing an opposing player to put him off by shouting boo! :wink:

The defending guy who shouted boo should and nearly was soundly beaten after the referees decision :D

Rule 13 states (i believe-roughly!!), that ungent conduct sees the player booked, if it's a shout that is made to directly 'put off' the opposition player and an indirect free kick given.

You can shout 'mine' as long as it's not with the intention of putting the oppo off.

However our ball and bat of a referee gave a penalty as the defender shouted boo in our box!!!! What a dozey little twonk were the cries!! Never seen a decision like it........to make matters worse, the keeper was sent off 2nd half for then calling him a 'cheating cutn!' :shock:

So the next question?

Which one should have been beaten round the head with a mallet first?? :dead::violent111: referee defender or keeper...

Cheers for your thoughts chaps....

The defender needs lessons in shooting under pressure. The keeper needs anger managment lessons, and the referee wants bumming by an african elephant for making such a bad decision.

He doesnt go by the name of Paul Hartley does he? :grin:

:grin: Hey leave Oldhams Institution for refs alone.....No this guy was from over Bolton way...but i like the punishment call for him.. :wink:

The defender needs lessons in shooting under pressure. The keeper needs anger managment lessons, and the referee wants bumming by an african elephant for making such a bad decision.

He doesnt go by the name of Paul Hartley does he? :grin:

I'm in the unenviable poeition to tell you, that, Paul Hartley is a family friend.......

He's frickin useless as a Ref though.

I'm in the unenviable poeition to tell you, that, Paul Hartley is a family friend.......

He's frickin useless as a Ref though.

A funny guy though :grin:

Ask him about the time he went over to Hough end Manchester to referee Hollinwood (whom he came over with) against a side from Miles Platting.....We Hollinwood won the game - it was a semi final i think and we were all very lucky (in particular Paul), who had his flags snapped in half as well, to leave in 1 piece.....about 12 years ago - priceless!!

You think that's a tough refereeing decision?

Try the first one here:

ONLINEsbragBIG.jpg

1) Yes. He should be made to remove it.

2) You haven't seen an offence so you award a goal.

3) The substitution has been made already, so no new sub can be introduced.

By the way, the Crewe goalie had a black shirt on Monday, as did the ref.

(appraently my answer for 2 is wrong)

Edited by opinions4u