What is more important?

Lags

What is more important.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. The present or the future

• The Present
    • The Future

That is the question for the poll............................................ What's more important, the present or the future?

The present is at an end and the future is only now beginning. Given the present as ended in a not to graceful way then, surely the future is more important. I know BFJ believes the future is the must important thing now and finds the standard that's been amassed at OAFC to be shocking.

In the famous words of JFK, ask not what your club can do for you, ask what you can do for your club. Time to put to bed our disappointments and do what Latics fans do best, back the club. Show the board, the town, The county, England and the world we are proud. Lets all make the difference. No one can argue TTA haven't tried to do their best. We have a club more stable than most. We have a tie up with an Eastern european club that Liverpool does. We now after many years in the cold shoulder of the Scum, have a tie up (unofficailly you understand) with young kids who just fail to make it there. We have approval for the ground to be developed after many years not even owning it.

We the fans can either drive this club forward or be the very ones to nail it's coffin lid shut with supporting it or with holding our support. The club knows it's not delivered this season and I bet they're smarting as much as us. BFJ went public this weekend stating what we've all known he really believed....... there are players here that shouldn't be. Lee Hughes was a bad influence and was to thick to learn his lesson in prison.

I think this close season will be interesting to watch the events unfold. However Ladies, Gentlemen and children, we have a massive part in it's shape and character.

Great post, but the reality is we already have 2,000 fans doing so by coming back every season, but the rest of stay a ways wont be coming back unless we go up.

No matter how many offers we put on, how many methods to try and get fans coming back/starting to support Latics, it doesnt work, unless we sign 3 of the best players in the world.

Even signing Scholes wouldnt get some of these who once called themselves fans to come back.

Sad, I know, but its the reality.

Edited by LaticsLegend

I ticked both...

I don't think they are mutually exclusive...

They're not.

But I think we discuss those sort of points to death in 50%+ of the posts on here, so couldn't be arsed writing anything here.

Is the future tomorrow, Saturday, next season, 2013, 2023?

Don't answer please!

They're not.

But I think we discuss those sort of points to death in 50%+ of the posts on here, so couldn't be arsed writing anything here.

Is the future tomorrow, Saturday, next season, 2013, 2023?

Don't answer please!

I ticked both too..............If we can't sort out the present then we won't have a future!!!

"Lee Hughes was a bad influence and was to thick to learn his lesson in prison."

Be careful calling people to thick mate - when it should be too thick!

On a serious note I think your intentions are right but I think it's too complicated an issue to simplify as you have tried.

Never professed to be great at grammer, English, spelling or whatever you call it. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's something I've always struggled with. Now onto the point I made...........

To all those out there who are similar to myself with grammer etc., all is not lost for you. I've quite successfully ran my own business for over 14 years, moved from happy council house upbringing to now live in a nice house in a nice area (which I like) and lead a cosy if not millionaire life.

As for the Lee Hughes bit I am quoting.

Edited by Lags

We have a club more stable than most.

Where does this idea come from when we are a heavily loss-making enterprise, hemorrhaging fans, and dependent on week-by-week subsidies from three men with no connection to the town, for which the long-term solution was said to be a stadium redevelopment aimed at making the club financially self-sufficient? We might have planning permission for this, but for a variety of reasons mostly beyond the club's control, it seems as far away as ever. And all the while better football, played in arenas with state-of-the-art facilities is on offer for the same price a bus ride or two away.

And that's before you even start on the subject of the manager's position, the impending players clear-out, the heavily hinted at budget cuts and what seems to be a completely demoralised playing squad and management team (JR aside.)

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Never professed to be great at grammer, English, spelling or whatever you call it. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's something I've always struggled with. Now onto the point I made...........

To all those out there who are similar to myself with grammer etc., all is not lost for you. I've quite successfully ran my own business for over 14 years, moved from happy council house upbringing to now live in a nice house in a nice area (which I like) and lead a cosy if not millionaire life.

Blimey, touched a nerve there pal, no need to get all defensive. The irony was clearly lost on you. Never mind.

Where does this idea come from when we are a heavily loss-making enterprise, hemorrhaging fans, and dependent on week-by-week subsidies from three men with no connection to the town, for which the long-term solution was said to be a stadium redevelopment aimed at making the club financially self-sufficient? We might have planning permission for this, but for a variety of reasons mostly beyond the club's control, it seems as far away as ever. And all the while better football, played in arenas with state-of-the-art facilities is on offer for the same price a bus ride or two away.

And that's before you even start on the subject of the manager's position, the impending players clear-out, the heavily hinted at budget cuts and what seems to be a completely demoralised playing squad and management team (JR aside.)

we are far far far from the position we were in pre TTA. Unlike the majority of clubs.

Blimey, touched a nerve there pal, no need to get all defensive. The irony was clearly lost on you. Never mind.

Nope, just putting you straight, it's not big nor clever pulling someone on a grammer mistake. In fact it only serves to detract from the post. As for the irony it wasn't missed, just :censored:e humour if you ask me. Done to death.

Edited by Lags

:clint:

we are far far far from the position we were in pre TTA. Unlike the majority of clubs.

A majority of clubs might run at a loss, but hardly any are in the position Moore left Latics in.

And the absence of impending liquidation, or even administration, does not amount to stability. What of the long-term? What if budget cuts see us in the fourth division?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Nope, just putting you straight, it's not big nor clever pulling someone on a grammer mistake. In fact it only serves to detract from the post. As for the irony it wasn't missed, just :censored:e humour if you ask me. Done to death.

Which has now confirmed my suspicions - Lee Hughes thick? Maybe but kettle and pot spring to mind sunshine. It was a light hearted remark, put in context by my next line which started "on a serious note" - pity you've got all precious over it, but that's your issue.

By the way it is grammar. And the point of your thread is :censored:e.

A majority of clubs might run at a loss, but hardly any are in the position Moore left Latics in.

And the absence of impending liquidation, or even administration, does not amount to stability. What of the long-term? What if budget cuts see us in the fourth division?

We are in a far better postion now than pre Moore days, by a million miles. If it's 4th division so be it. I think the whole point of this thread is a call to sense. All stick together and back the club in the common goal of better finances into the club and upward movement. Or have 4th division football.

Which has now confirmed my suspicions - Lee Hughes thick? Maybe but kettle and pot spring to mind sunshine. It was a light hearted remark, put in context by my next line which started "on a serious note" - pity you've got all precious over it, but that's your issue.

By the way it is grammar. And the point of your thread is :censored:e.

Really. Well ignore it and move on.

We are in a far better postion now than pre Moore days, by a million miles. If it's 4th division so be it. I think the whole point of this thread is a call to sense. All stick together and back the club in the common goal of better finances into the club and upward movement. Or have 4th division football.

Some clubs bounce back from relegation but it appears to be a task beyond this one. All we ever get is a readjustment to the new low, bleating about 'cutting your cloth accordingly,' and, quite often, a fight to stay in even the division we've just been relegated to. The fact that we are already losing a section of the core support suggests that relegation to the basement division could be catastrophic. A call to unite around the goal of 'upward movement and better finances' would hardly seem to be aided by a further relegation.

There seems to be little difference, as far as I can see, between the pre-Moore days and the present. They look uncannily similar, complete with all-time club hero in the position of sacrificial lamb, er, I mean manager.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

There seems to be little difference, as far as I can see, between the pre-Moore days and the present. They look uncannily similar, complete with all-time club hero in the position of sacrificial lamb, er, I mean manager.

Oh come on... I agree with a lot of your points but I dont think the current situation is anything like the Moore days...

What ?

The kids of Scum who've recieved 2 years of coaching and deemed not quite good enough for them are offered to us first? off the record you understand. Is it of interest to post this or not as some would say?

The kids of Scum who've recieved 2 years of coaching and deemed not quite good enough for them are offered to us first? off the record you understand. Is it of interest to post this or not as some would say?

Of course its of interest...