Brighton: Views of Joe and Crossley

In tonight’s rarely wrong Chron, Joe says:

“There are one or two reputations in the dressing room that need restoring, and there is also mine as I don’t like losing.”

He also said that certain players have their own views on the game, and explained that these will have to change if they are to remain at the club.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...nts-at-clearout

Crossley said:

“The first-half performance was shocking.

“There was no heart and no fight throughout the whole team.

“I have had a long career in which I have played between 500 and 600 games, and I would have thought some of the out-of-contract players would have been spilling their blood and guts, but you couldn’t say that in the first half.

“I was very disappointed to have got back after four months out and played in a first-half performance like that.”

Crossley, who returned after recovering from back surgery, says it is patently obvious there is a lack of confidence in the team.

He added in such circumstances players have to make themselves busy and battle.

He said: “If you battle, things will eventually turn in your favour.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...erhaul-required

Crossley added it was a surprise when manager Joe Royle told him on Saturday morning he was in the team.

Not just to him, either.

Whatever malaise has set in, the source needs identifying and got rid of! It could be a case of just one or two players upsetting the whole dressing room or maybe the entire team has had their confidence shot and no amount of 'fighting talk' is going to bring it back.

Not just to him, either.

Whatever malaise has set in, the source needs identifying and got rid of! It could be a case of just one or two players upsetting the whole dressing room or maybe the entire team has had their confidence shot and no amount of 'fighting talk' is going to bring it back.

i cant understand how a team battling in the top 6 all season,beating some of the top teams can disintigrate like we have done since jan/feb..is it down to all the loanees we got in who were no better than what we already got and some players getting miffed off cos they lost there place to a nobody,,,,did there attitudes change too,,(if thats what the club think of me,then this is what i think of the club.)...was it down to crossley getting injured at a critical stage of season...was it that 5-0 drubbing we got at hereford...what caused hazzel and eardleys alarming drop in form,,hazzel was first on my team sheet every week in the first half of season,,now i wouldnt have him cutting the grass...was it all down to sheridan,,,was it down to self belief,,did the players believe they couldnt compete at championship level,,therefore no contract offers for next season.............i dont know,,,,,but id like too

I would love the TTA too explain at the end of this season what actually happened.

What actually happened to what? You mean the reason the team imploded, if they know the answer to this I think they should let Joe know pretty quick....

Cant believe there is any particular defining moment/Instance and I bet TTA are scratching their heads as much as the fans are... I think there are far too many reasons that all added together just shouldnt be happening if you are wanting a succesful football club. Reasons from players being pi** heads, players not giving a sh*t, players with bad attitudes, too many crap loan players, bad management, Player putting manager in headlock, court cases, star sriker going awol after January, star striker suddenly starts smoking fags, 1st choice Goalkeeper getting injured for 5 months, Dean Windass blog, most consistent player signing contact and becoming most inconsistent, bad ref's decisions, defensive clangers against Colchester at home - Brighton away - Yeovil away - Peterborough away, some players simply not being good enough. I could carry on..........

Anyway I hope Joe stays and sorts this lot out and come the summer I will looking forward to next season

What actually happened to what? You mean the reason the team imploded, if they know the answer to this I think they should let Joe know pretty quick....

Cant believe there is any particular defining moment/Instance and I bet TTA are scratching their heads as much as the fans are... I think there are far too many reasons that all added together just shouldnt be happening if you are wanting a succesful football club. Reasons from players being pi** heads, players not giving a sh*t, players with bad attitudes, too many crap loan players, bad management, Player putting manager in headlock, court cases, star sriker going awol after January, star striker suddenly starts smoking fags, 1st choice Goalkeeper getting injured for 5 months, Dean Windass blog, most consistent player signing contact and becoming most inconsistent, bad ref's decisions, defensive clangers against Colchester at home - Brighton away - Yeovil away - Peterborough away, some players simply not being good enough. I could carry on..........

Anyway I hope Joe stays and sorts this lot out and come the summer I will looking forward to next season

I think you've hit the nail squarely on the head there. :grin:

who is the smoker

Reasons from players being pi** heads, players not giving a sh*t, players with bad attitudes, too many crap loan players, bad management, Player putting manager in headlock, court cases, star sriker going awol after January, star striker suddenly starts smoking fags, 1st choice Goalkeeper getting injured for 5 months, Dean Windass blog, most consistent player signing contact and becoming most inconsistent, bad ref's decisions, defensive clangers against Colchester at home - Brighton away - Yeovil away - Peterborough away, some players simply not being good enough. I could carry on..........

Jackpot.

That's pretty much all of it. I think anyway :o

In tonight’s rarely wrong Chron, Joe says:

“There are one or two reputations in the dressing room that need restoring, and there is also mine as I don’t like losing.”

He also said that certain players have their own views on the game, and explained that these will have to change if they are to remain at the club.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...nts-at-clearout

There is no way Crossley would have made those comments when Shez was in charge...I reckon he's got his coach's head on and lookin after No1!!

Crossley said:

“The first-half performance was shocking.

“There was no heart and no fight throughout the whole team.

“I have had a long career in which I have played between 500 and 600 games, and I would have thought some of the out-of-contract players would have been spilling their blood and guts, but you couldn’t say that in the first half.

“I was very disappointed to have got back after four months out and played in a first-half performance like that.”

Crossley, who returned after recovering from back surgery, says it is patently obvious there is a lack of confidence in the team.

He added in such circumstances players have to make themselves busy and battle.

He said: “If you battle, things will eventually turn in your favour.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...erhaul-required